91 lbs of coins How much $

Milk jug full of quarters

A few weeks ago, a friend was telling me about a guy who came into one of the local bars and was telling people he would buy them a drink if they could guess within $10 how much money is in a plastic gallon milk jug full of quarters. He said that people were guessing between $200 and $500 dollars. I don't remember the exact amount but it was either just under $800 or $900 and the guy said he had 11 jugs full at home.
The guy's friends were telling him to not be broadcasting that in the bar because you never know who might be listening. Especially since he had almost $10K in quarters at home.

I think he said what a jug weighed too, but I don't remember what it was.

David
87GN

I know I'm a conservative person but did you put it in the bank so it will earn interest? It won't acrue much but every bit helps.:biggrin:

Due to the business that I’m in I have 5 check books and 3 savings accounts. None of them collect crap for interest these days. So an extra $1250 is not going to make any difference. Plus I like to keep some money at home even if its coins it could come in handy. Good thought thou. And I too am a conservative.:biggrin:

Quarters add up quick. I have a coin operated washer and dryer at one of our rentals for the apartments to use. I can pack as much as $250 into a sandwich size zip lock bag.:eek: It’s about to burst but it’s been done.

Its hard to guess. I dont include my pennies with my other change. My guess if the pennies are in there and no one walked by and snatched hand fulls of quarters is $1153:biggrin: If it was 91 lbs of dimes you would be in a really good position. Once i had a large plastic cup full of dimes and it was over $200. 91 lbs of nickels is worth a lot more in scrap than the face value.

I have a coin jar that I keep, but unfortunately my wife and kids steal from it and it's nothing but pennies. :(

More like mathemaholic.
Mathemphetamines make me to this.
I'm a terrible mathelete.
I love mathpotatoes.

"racing" is a means to an end isn't it?

I gotta go back behind the jackhouse and back off.

BRB