91 lbs of coins How much $

chadly

I have a habit of saving coins and after a few years I trade them in and do something fun. This is just the spare change at the end of day that is in my pocket. A few years ago I had enough coins to take my wife and parents on a seven day fly in fishing trip to Canada. I’m thinking of doing the same again. What’s your guess to the value of 91 lbs of coins? I will give the answer or close to it after a few guesses come in.

$1179.36

Quarter weighs 5.67 grams
dime 2.26
nickel 5.0
penny 2.5

Avg percentage in a sack o lute -

31.9% Quarter
17% Dime
8.5% Nickel
42.6% Penny

I hope you are all WAY low. I took a three lbs dumbbell, a rope, my son’s toy tractor, and a bag of coins to make a scale. I hung the string over the tractor wheel and made a little scale. Once I had three lbs of random coins or real close to it I counted it. The three lbs sample was $39.50. 121 quarter, 71 dimes, 31 nickels, and roughly 60 pennies. If this is a true sample of the 91 lbs then there should be around $3,600. I probably won’t trade these in until next spring to find out the actual amount and the pot will keep growing but I sure hope it’s more than the guesses.

I hope you are all WAY low. I took a three lbs dumbbell, a rope, my son’s toy tractor, and a bag of coins to make a scale. I hung the string over the tractor wheel and made a little scale. Once I had three lbs of random coins or real close to it I counted it. The three lbs sample was $39.50. 121 quarter, 71 dimes, 31 nickels, and roughly 60 pennies. If this is a true sample of the 91 lbs then there should be around $3,600. I probably won’t trade these in until next spring to find out the actual amount and the pot will keep growing but I sure hope it’s more than the guesses.

That's alot of quarters to have in there. In my experience with large spare change, the quarters are usually the fewest. But now you're not going to give us the answer until the spring? :mad: Someone delete this thread!!!! Thanks for wasting my time! :biggrin:

I f you have 91lbs. now, and you keep adding to it....then you are going to count it next spring, my guess it won't weigh 91lbs. anymore. So we are guessing at its total now when it wont be the same in a couple of months.

I stick to my current total for the 91lbs.

PREMATURE POST!:biggrin:

i'd love to see the looks on the faces of the poor folks at the bank when you bring that in.. at least they have that fancy machine to do all the counting now.
as for how much- a few months ago, i turned in a half full plastic peanut jar- the larger one that is a cube about 6X6X6 inches and has a screw on lid- and got $135. it weighed maybe 10 pounds and was mostly pennies, nickels, and dimes since i used a lot of quarters in the vending machines at work, but there was probably about $10 in quarters mixed in there. oddly enough, there was only a couple of Canadian nickels and a single game token for an arcade or something that somehow wound up in there.

First off I’m retarded. Second I did not mean to waste any of your time. So went to the bank and had the money counted.
Back to my original math 3lbs = $39.5. So 91lbs should = $1198.17 not $3600.
Any way the 91 lbs of coins was $1253. So you were all really close and now I have to safe another couple of years before I plan a Canada fishing trip.
Notacarlo, you were right on with your math.

First off I’m retarded. Second I did not mean to waste any of your time. So went to the bank and had the money counted.
Back to my original math 3lbs = $39.5. So 91lbs should = $1198.17 not $3600.
Any way the 91 lbs of coins was $1253. So you were all really close and now I have to safe another couple of years before I plan a Canada fishing trip.
Notacarlo, you were right on with your math.

I know I'm a conservative person but did you put it in the bank so it will earn interest? It won't acrue much but every bit helps.:biggrin:

Bastards 1

Chef's 0...........:biggrin:

Figure out which one is Ronnie and which one is Dan:biggrin:

beetpunch.gif