91 Firebird finally finished

Metal said:
pic2.jpg

Nice! This car is for sale, right? Did my buddy Shawn (19TTA89) reach out to you yet....?

.... maybe a few guys in the historic forums, but the majority of us over on thirdgen.org love these types of swaps. Although nowadays, there's really no need to swap to an LC2, other than maybe for weight savings. Here's your basic GTA w/BBS turbo header setup. :smile:

Turbo-GTA-1-1.jpg

i have relly been thinking about going in this direction for a long time.
that looks Bad ASSS
Do you have a write up on the car? can you post a link? or PM some info on mods to the long block and build details

Nice! This car is for sale, right? Did my buddy Shawn (19TTA89) reach out to you yet....?

yes it's for sale not sure about your buddy, but I've receved a TON of PM's about it.
Since I own two turbo cars, (not trying to dis my car) next fun car I build will be an LSx swap. Two Turbo cars are money pits since you're in a race withyourself to keep them both just as fast as the other :biggrin:

Turbo1dr said:
Also for fuel mileage and the ability to keep A/C. Looks like that turbo set-up will make you get rid of the a/c???

Yeah, a lot of guys opt to pull the air conditioning out, and I have no idea why. Maybe for easier spark plug replacement, I'm guessing. I know that BBS Designs does make a setup to retain the factory A/C, but I haven't seen any in person though, and maybe just two on the forums. If anyone is curious, here is his website....;

Performance Parts

TURBOPOWERED68 said:
i have relly been thinking about going in this direction for a long time. that looks Bad ASSS. Do you have a write up on the car? can you post a link? or PM some info on mods to the long block and build details....

Yeah, that build was from a few years back, and I nabbed a lot of pictures before the guy sold it. It was a factory 305 believe it or not, and he was only running 8-psi before the MAF maxed out on him. A lot of guys are running the '7730 w/$59 mask now, and it works very well. Marty over on the turbo forums is another one that when hog-wild with his TPI setup, I have the article here, a very good read. He started out with two stock GN turbo's....;

1988 Pontiac Firebird - Featured Vehicle - Car Craft Magazine

Even the single turbo TPI guys are running pretty damn fast....;

YouTube - Turbo 9 second IROC

Metal said:
yes it's for sale not sure about your buddy, but I've receved a TON of PM's about it. Since I own two turbo cars, (not trying to dis my car) next fun car I build will be an LSx swap. Two Turbo cars are money pits since you're in a race with yourself to keep them both just as fast as the other....

Car is absolutely beautiful! He's been looking at it ever since you posted it up....

Hey Nick, BW & I here, drinking beers, BW's B-day. He says to go to fastsigns and get a sticker made that says 5.7 Litre TPI, LOL, something about a black formula you owned????? :wink: By the way, your car looks great.......................... BLACK CHROME powdercoater copy cat........... when you coming out to KC? There is a Blue Limited here that was in Bristol in 00' you need to ride in.............. Im not joking.......... its stoooopid....... ttyl buddy