91 Firebird finally finished

turbolimited

Bone Stock :)
Still sorting out some wiring issues, but at least it is on the road. Combo is girdled stock block, big roller cam, ported irons w/ roller rockers, TE45-1, big front mount, 60s, built 200r4 with vigilante lock-up, custom 3" dp with mufflex 4" catback.

Nick

Attachments

• misc 024.jpg
    misc 024.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,434
  • misc 028.jpg
    misc 028.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,419
  • misc 029.jpg
    misc 029.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,428
  • misc 030.jpg
    misc 030.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,356
Looks good! However, I'd put the final finish on it by installing a turbo shield.;)

LOVE IT..been eying one in my neighborhood for a few years now as well. I have a complete SG1 on the stand ready....HMMMMM

Looks great! Just don't post it on any of the 3rd gen boards, those guys are bunch of nuts.... They gave me a bunch of **** for putting an LC2 into my '87 Iroc vert... Said I ruined it:eek:

How's the airflow to the intercooler?

Thanks for the kind words guys! I bought the car about 4 years ago, specifically with the intent of doing the swap. That is the reason for the hardtop (hopefully more rigidity given the unibody design) and rear posi w/discs.

My latest problem is I can't find the friggin wire for the speedo. I know it's green with a black stripe (or black with a green stripe - I've got it written down somewhere). I put a full Casper's custom harness in it, so I have the speedo signal wire labeled from the ecm, but can't find the wire in the dash. I have been fishing around underneath the dash to no avail. I haven't pulled out the instrument cluster yet, which I was trying to avoid if possible.

Those guys over on Thirdgen.org are a bit silly when it comes to swapping out the beloved small block. However, I myself haven't yet noticed any adverse side effects since pulling out the 350 in favor of the LC2. More power, cool whistle sound, lot of people scratching their heads wondering what in the heck is under the hood. One guy at the parts store heard me start it up, and said to his buddy "that thing has a miss." :rolleyes: I guess it does, if you count the two cylinders it's missing.

How's the airflow to the intercooler?

I notched a little out of the crash bar on both sides behind the turn signals. I also did some trimming on the bumper cover and fabbed some ducts on both sides, just inside the turn signals. Lastly, I moved the air dam for the radiator forward (about 6 inches), directly under the intercooler, which is probably the biggest help. That is the reason for the gap in the air dam under the nose, in the first pic up top. I need to do something about that...

more pics earlier in the transformation:

Attachments

• hybrid 010.jpg
    hybrid 010.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,265
  • hybrid 060.jpg
    hybrid 060.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,260
  • hybrid 065.jpg
    hybrid 065.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,231
  • misc 008.jpg
    misc 008.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,207
  • misc 011.jpg
    misc 011.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,222
Dang, is that black chrome powdercoating I see????????? Looks good buddy! I need to send you pictures of your old car.............;)

Dang, is that black chrome powdercoating I see????????? Looks good buddy! I need to send you pictures of your old car.............;)
Yep, on the big aluminum accessory bracket and the Y bracket for the alternator a/c compressor. They turned out awesome. Too bad you can't seen them with the motor put back together! Send pics of that ole brown car buddy! ;) Good to know she's in good hands! (better than mine at least).

Very nice car! Are those wheels off of a 92 Firehawk? I think they look great on there.

They aren't off an actual Firehawk, but they are the same rims that came on the 3rd gen Firehawks. Ronal still makes them new (or at least they did as of a year ago or so).

They aren't off an actual Firehawk, but they are the same rims that came on the 3rd gen Firehawks. Ronal still makes them new (or at least they did as of a year ago or so).

I forgot the early 4th gen Firehawks had these too. I just remember seeing pics of the 3 gen Firehawk with those wheels. I think they look hot. This car looks like yours except for the red in between each spoke.

Firehawk%20DSide1%20Crop.jpg

Looks Great man! Glad to see another F-body guy go Buick!!!!

Are you trying to feed the ECM the Speedo Signal or the gauge?

The wires should be twisted together.. spiral. They come out the firewall and head down

to the Speedo sensor. Could be a couple different colors but they are always spiral twisted up together from memory.
May need the black box to feed the ecm the right pulses depending on what sending unit you have.

I had some guy pull up next to me the other day and ask if mine was a small block or big block.. I said Neither.. Buick V6... He said I've got a 468bbc in my 81 Camaro..> I just smirked and drove off knowing He's clueless of what these are capiable of. :)
~Scott

I don't know why I thought you said 4th gen instead of 3th gen when I initially read your post last night. It must be that lack of sleep thing :cool:

Looks Great man! Glad to see another F-body guy go Buick!!!!

Are you trying to feed the ECM the Speedo Signal or the gauge?

~Scott

I'm trying to feed the factory speedo gauge. Casper's hooked me up with a VSS and converter module, so my ECM is getting a signal. I've got the speedo output wire, which is sending voltage - just don't know where to splice into the speedo gauge. (not my forte).

I'm actually a Buick guy (had two turbo Regals in the past) but got the TTA bug. After realizing I neither wanted to spend TTA money, or molest one after purchasing one, I went this route.

Thanks for the props guys. The car really needs paint. It needs springs too, get rid of that wheel well gap. It's got brand new Eibach "Pro Kit" springs on it, but Summit sent me the wrong part number - hence the high ride height. Of course I didn't realize it until after installing them. :mad:

Another 91 Firebird with an LC2. Sweet! Car looks great man!

Love what you did with the fog lights for the fmic. I am going to do the same thing. Congrats!

Did you need a custom driveshaft and a different torque arm for that 200r4? I'm still running the 700 but want to switch to the 200.

Also, what did you do to get your tach to work? I can't seem to get mine to work right.