72 skylark turbo

There are quite a few A body swaps on the board. Don't just look for a Skylark but a Chevelle or something down those lines should be about the same.:)

Best engine that car will ever see! :biggrin: This coming from a former GS455 owner (11 yr ownership from 1998- 2009).
turbo 6's are sweet for performance and driveability but i wouldnt say you coan definetly say thats a true statement.. My friends that have GNs in the 10's love to ride in my stock stage 1. its a completely different sound and feel.

I too have a (71) skylark that I really want to drop a gn/t-type drivetrain. I like what you have done. Any advice on where to start? I have searched a little. Wheres the best place to find a doner?

I'm new here but an active member on V8Buick. Going back and forth on a big block build vs turbo 6. Can someone point me towards a thread with details on making the swap into a 70-72 Skylark? Modifications or problem areas that need addressing? Thanks guys!

The v6 and the Buick 350 mounts interchange. I installed a Buick 350 in a 85 Regal many years ago.:cool:

Thanks...

for the kind words, gotta lot of flac from some friends, they just cant comprehend why I would relplace a big block for a v6:confused:........until I took them for a ride in it:eek:

I have had several 70-72 Skylarks and GS. The last one was a '72 GS455 clone, my 86GN would kick its butt! I love the setup! Awesome. I would stay with the 15' Buick rally rims though. I love those with some TA rubber!

This is awesome-I am planning on eventually doing the same with my '70 Skylark.

turbo 6's are sweet for performance and driveability but i wouldnt say you coan definetly say thats a true statement.. My friends that have GNs in the 10's love to ride in my stock stage 1. its a completely different sound and feel.

I agree I love the GS' my first love with Buick's but it is so damn easy to make the LC2 run. As long as it stays Buick it doesn't really matter to me and I have always wanted to build a 70-72 GS with the LC2 setup.

But....Stage1 with a 4spd gota love it!