72 skylark turbo

turboskylark

Finally got to drive the old buick today, damn I have missed the feel of a turbo car since my last t-type, ran and drove great. All i am missing is some t badges for the fenders. Still alot of small things to do, but I am getting historic tags and driving this beotch!!:D All those hours have finally paid off !! Would love some feedback.

OOPS pics.....

:cool:

Attachments

• bui.jpg
    bui.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 833
  • buick sk.jpg
    buick sk.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 835
  • eng.jpg
    eng.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 888
  • buick.jpg
    buick.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 813
An interesting conversion. Your's is the first 70-72 Skylark I've seen converted to the superior engine for all around fun. :cool: The thought of such a conversion had crossed my mind as I owned a 70 post Skylark that I cloned into a GS 455 Stage 1 car, for 14 years, but eventually sold in favor of Turbo Regals. ;)

Attachments

• buicl008.JPG
    buicl008.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 618
Nice, been wanting to do that for years, just want a N25 bumper for the exhaust to go thru

Sent from my DROID2

Thanks...

for the kind words, gotta lot of flac from some friends, they just cant comprehend why I would relplace a big block for a v6:confused:........until I took them for a ride in it:eek:

Best engine that car will ever see! :biggrin: This coming from a former GS455 owner (11 yr ownership from 1998- 2009).

Thanks again, I have been dragging this car around for the last 30 years, Its not my first but second car, I lost something in the front seat that I will never get back :biggrin: I bought it as a rust free roller for a $100 dropped in a 350 and put some american racing vector wheels on it, I couldnt believe it when the T-types came out with the same style wheels, I always liked them on that car, later on went to a 455. Like most buick guys I have had a bunch of buicks, including skylarks, 1980-1982-1987 turbo cars. Last year I was debating weather to sell my 87 t-type and keep the lark, but I loved the feel of the turbo and gas mileage, I was in the garage one night drinking beer and came to the relization I cant afford to fix up or store so many cars..... anyway, I am ashamed to admit that my 10 year old daughter came in my garage singing that hannah montana song " the best of both worlds '' and the rest is history.... One year later this is what I came up with, I know its corny but It is what it is.... So this car is dedicated to my sweet baby girl Micayla ! :)

Turbo Skylark

That is sweet!!!! Hard to beat a turbo v-6 for power and economy.Mark.

I'm new here but an active member on V8Buick. Going back and forth on a big block build vs turbo 6. Can someone point me towards a thread with details on making the swap into a 70-72 Skylark? Modifications or problem areas that need addressing? Thanks guys!