700 HP video 91 octane..must see

Hey Julio, on the first run of that vid, I see some sort of fluid spraying out to the left of the engine and dripping from the wastegate actuator. What's that?

Btw, that looks fun!

B

Nolan seems to think its meth/condensation.

Still together so whatever it is.. its been sealed. Didnt know if you read the thread he tunes at 9.5:1 AFR.. with lots of meth. See there are many variables to how different approaches there are.

pretty impressive...
why does he tune for 9.5 a/f? any secrets on this?

Read the thread at SyTy.net :wink:

Nolan has been playing with meth on the dyno now for 3 years.. he's seen the good, the bad, and the ugly :eek:

He can build a Sy/Ty 4.3 engine, stick it on the dyno with a stock computer, put the alky kit on.. tune the engine.. and supply the engine with a custom prom ready for plug-n-play. Hows that for drop in and go..

Great power on 91oct out of a 4.3L 6cyl. Awesome!

My Typhoon popped off the TB pipe under ~30psi just like that once too. I had just finished welding additional tabs onto all the pipes because they kept blowing off at the I/C and I was getting onto it and under boost it made this HUGE boom sound and then no power. I thought I popped a motor but when I opened the hood I was happy and shocked to see the TB elbow about 3' from the TB. The other pipes slowly worked their way off before w/o incident just couldn't make boost suddenly. Pretty scary when it happens like that though.

Thanks for the video though. Makes me miss my Typhoon even more though. :(

Info on Build

Lets here about the Engine Build. What it is made of. How much Boost

and Injectors Size to make 700 HP. How Much RPM

Stock block with 4 bolt mains and partial fill, stock crank,eagle rods, wiesco pistons (9-1), vortec heads ported, stock manfolds ported, Stock intake ported, 84lbs injectors, single 255 with boost apump, PT-74Q, stock ecm.

28-29psi 91 pump with meth.

We just dyno tested the twin to this it made 740hp@5500 and 900lbs@4000rpm.

Next is the bowtie 295" with midframe T-88.

Nolan

Lets here about the Engine Build. What it is made of. How much Boost

and Injectors Size to make 700 HP. How Much RPM

Turns out this turned out to be a crack in the brass filter. We noticed it when we where taking it apart. If you watch the vid close the filter is right behind the turbo.

Nolan

Nolan seems to think its meth/condensation.

Still together so whatever it is.. its been sealed. Didnt know if you read the thread he tunes at 9.5:1 AFR.. with lots of meth. See there are many variables to how different approaches there are.

Nolan,
Do you mean the end cap. I cannot see that center section coming apart. The ends where the hoses connect I can see it.

Let me know.. So I can keep an eye out :)

Need to get you involved with a 3.8 and let you work your majic ;)

It was at the end cap, I think we just over tightened it is all. Never had a problem before at all.

We have done a bunch of 3.8stuff already. I will get Mark to put the vid up on our web page.

Nolan

Nolan,
Do you mean the end cap. I cannot see that center section coming apart. The ends where the hoses connect I can see it.

Let me know.. So I can keep an eye out :)

Need to get you involved with a 3.8 and let you work your majic ;)

It was at the end cap, I think we just over tightened it is all. Never had a problem before at all.

We have done a bunch of 3.8stuff already. I will get Mark to put the vid up on our web page.

Nolan

For some reason................I don't have any video of the Buick stuff we have done. I make sure we video the next one we dyno.

I think the end cap got dropped or banged sometime during the dyno session because the earlier videos show no leak. We all know Julio's parts are 100% defective free.....................

Best Dam Alky Kit anywhere. Any alky kit that you put on a Typhoon with the stock intercooler and the air intake temps go DOWN on a 90 degree day with 28 psi boost on pump gas at the end of a quarter mile run, must be good!

Mark

clamps

i don't know who all has them yet but RJC racing has some clamps that i don't think you would blow off. they look like regular radiator clamps but that couldn't be farther from the truth. The clamps are thin but they tighten down good. Give Jason a call.....................................................Bob

i don't know who all has them yet but RJC racing has some clamps that i don't think you would blow off. they look like regular radiator clamps but that couldn't be farther from the truth. The clamps are thin but they tighten down good. Give Jason a call.....................................................Bob

We modify the throttle bodies normally, but this one did not get done before the dyno. It had the best clamps available.............but 28psi?????? Usually not a problem as it only came off twice in 25 pulls.