70 Mustang Mach 1 Cobra Jet

A few pics from my garage of my 67 Fastback GTA.

Mike Barnard

Are you referring to the car, or the girl sitting on it?:rolleyes:

Mike B.

The CAR !! Didn't bother her what I bought especially after the Mach1 sold.. The cars that we had as I look back I was the lucky guy !! She did get a little pissy when I owned 10 or so GN's :p She was mad at me one day because I bought another car so she stormed out of the house. Got in her GN and it wouldn't start. I am working in the garage laughing my butt off. She got in the wrong GN. :rolleyes: We bought a lot of cars that came up for cheap $$$ when they got married. First one was a 67 GT500 for $700. Guys new wife wanted a new living room set !!! Thats the way things were back then.

Thanks.
Not sure what I'm going to put under the hood yet. I'm kinda leaning towards a 347 right now. But a Ford V6 eco-boost deal would be neat too.

I saw something rare today. 1970 Cougar XR7 with a 428 cobrajet and 4 speed. Black with white interior. One of only two black XR7's that year and only one with white interior. One owner, original paint except for drv frt fender.

yup.. rarer than chicken lips :D

The ecoboost would be cool. 20+mpg's and quick slips should go hand in hand...much like another vehicle I love!

That would be a cool swap !!! But I am getting to old to think about that kind of work now. Only thing I may do is get a new GT500 an put an auto in it. :p

That would be a cool swap !!! But I am getting to old to think about that kind of work now. Only thing I may do is get a new GT500 an put an auto in it. :p

I think it's pretty easy to do. I haven't known anyone who has but my Mustang friend says it does get done plenty. If the internet says it, then it must be true.

Nice car Dan. Color is sweet. Great wife letting you own 10 or so GN's. Wifey took the Turbo TA after I told her I agreed to buy the WH1. Oh yeah, I am the one making the sandwiches now..lol

Thanks for sharing.
Joe

Nice car Dan. Color is sweet. Great wife letting you own 10 or so GN's. Wifey took the Turbo TA after I told her I agreed to buy the WH1. Oh yeah, I am the one making the sandwiches now..lol

Thanks for sharing.
Joe

Well we have had way more than that !! 10 at one time was her problem

Hahahahahaha. That is great!

Joe

well she would go to Florida with her mother every year. Drive down stay a few weeks an then do the same when she came home. Her exact works "NO MORE CARS" :p Well of course winter time is when deals come up. She came home an noticed another car on the lift. (She always had her parking space in the garage ).. I just couldn't pass up the deal. So what did I do ??? Sell it to Melissa :D

Thanks for the memories. I can remember doing plugs on a few big block Mustangs and the drama of getting hands in there. My favorite was a 67 390 with AC and power brakes.. drivers side was fun

I still have the long extensions an swivel sockets from way back them. Guys bitch about the Buick #6 !!! Damm BBF's ya couldn't even see the plugs !!

Man - you go go rock crawling with that! :D

Hey, I was young and stupid (like most very young new car owners), just out of the Navy (the first time around), and I was trying to replicate the "gasser" look. Really ruined the image of an otherwise beautiful car. Traded it away for my next new car, a 1969 Chevy Nova SS396.

Hey, I was young and stupid (like most very young new car owners), just out of the Navy (the first time around), and I was trying to replicate the "gasser" look. Really ruined the image of an otherwise beautiful car. Traded it away for my next new car, a 1969 Chevy Nova SS396.

hahahaha... I bet that was the first thing most guys did back then !!! I also did it to my 68. Sign of the times back then. :cool:

Ummmm look at some Buicks today.. Lots have the Bronco Billy " look" now !!! :rolleyes: Some trends never end .