6870 cea vs 71hpq

8.1 compression .85 housing. pretty deep into the 8sec zone with lazy 60ft times.
That's very impressive on an 8.1:1 engine with a 3 bolt although I don't ever recall your car being lazy on 60'. It seemed to click off low 1.20's almost every pass. Others are no where near that with the same turbo and quite a bit more squeeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that turbo is capable of mid 8 on 3bolt housing.. Very impressive turbo for a 68mm..

I just put mine on my car about a hour ago . I'll start seeing how well it performs tomorrow as compared to my 6766cea h cover . Mine is the S cover & I don't like that so far.I was told that this turbo wasn't avalible in H cover.

I just put mine on my car about a hour ago . I'll start seeing how well it performs tomorrow as compared to my 6766cea h cover . Mine is the S cover & I don't like that so far.I was told that this turbo wasn't avalible in H cover.

I can't see your mods on my phone. I hope you have a 9.5 nl ptc converter to handle that turbo..

I can't see your mods on my phone. I hope you have a 9.5 nl ptc converter to handle that turbo..
Yes I do have the ptc 9.5 nl. & so far it seems to spool with ease I don't think I'll need more stall but I'll know for sure to marrow & I'll try to post some video. If possible I may go to the track .

QUOTE="V6sleeper, post: 3588438, member: 35923"]Mid 8s is a very tall order in any 3 bolt.[/QUOTE]

That is true but I think with boost in the mid 30s and 60 ft around 119 to very low 120s I think it could be done. Hope to see a member who has that turbo give it a try.

I did not make it to the track Today . I'm just now getting finish with other stuff . I will go out later tonight and start dialing the car in at a place where we street race.

I just got done dialing the car in with this new 6870 cea turbo. Boost is at 28 psi & a/f is at 10.8 with alky. My car is & feels noticeably faster & it spools just as fast as my 6766cea journal bearing turbo did. This turbo makes a lot of power and is still fun & zippy just flat paddling the car . It's really amazing how a turbo this big and powerful can turn on and spool so fast . I sacrificed nothing and gained more power all around . I would highly recommend this turbo to any one looking to upgrade from a smaller or older turbo. This thing turns on as fast as my buddies TA49 it's just truly amazing and it makes a lot more power and hits even harder than my 6766 cea did .& NO I DONT need anymore converter . My same converter stalls @2800 at the bottom of 0 psi & @3175 -3200 at the top of 0 psi. The turbo is great flat out . My chip is at its limit now after dailing this turbo in . I had to set my over all fueling at 149 . And then I had to set my first n second gear fueling down to 103 to achieve my 10.8 a/f ratio . The car felt its fastest to me at 10.9 a/f. Timing was at its default setting 23/21 . So next I'll be ordering a new chip from Turbo Tweak. And at this power level I highly recommend a 6.1 chip or a FAST. But a 6.1 chip n powerlogger at minimum.

Glad you like that turbo. Just be careful when adding more boost you will find all your weak links :) I personally would go to a fast xfi will that power level. You will be able to fine tune it even more and really see what that turbo can do. Good luck man:) keep us up to date on it. I think this will be the next tsm turbo .

I just got done dialing the car in with this new 6870 cea turbo. Boost is at 28 psi & a/f is at 10.8 with alky. My car is & feels noticeably faster & it spools just as fast as my 6766cea journal bearing turbo did. This turbo makes a lot of power and is still fun & zippy just flat paddling the car . It's really amazing how a turbo this big and powerful can turn on and spool so fast . I sacrificed nothing and gained more power all around . I would highly recommend this turbo to any one looking to upgrade from a smaller or older turbo. This thing turns on as fast as my buddies TA49 it's just truly amazing and it makes a lot more power and hits even harder than my 6766 cea did .& NO I DONT need anymore converter . My same converter stalls @2800 at the bottom of 0 psi & @3175 -3200 at the top of 0 psi. The turbo is great flat out . My chip is at its limit now after dailing this turbo in . I had to set my over all fueling at 149 . And then I had to set my first n second gear fueling down to 103 to achieve my 10.8 a/f ratio . The car felt its fastest to me at 10.9 a/f. Timing was at its default setting 23/21 . So next I'll be ordering a new chip from Turbo Tweak. And at this power level I highly recommend a 6.1 chip or a FAST. But a 6.1 chip n powerlogger at minimum.
What blade Ptc 9.5 nl do you have spooling that turbo that fast?

It's really amazing how a turbo this big and powerful can turn on and spool so fast . I sacrificed nothing and gained more power all around
one of the things I think you are seeing is the dbb vs journal difference.

Id like to hear more about the rest of the combo too.
Mabe I missed it was it a 3 or 4 bolt 6870?