6262 spool

Should be a little lazy off the hop, but hit pretty good after a initial delay or 30 feet roll out without spooling it up off the break IF that's a 2700 12" converter with good ported heads
It will spool much quicker with a good 9.5" true 3000 stall and your listed mods.

So a 9.5 converter .I've got to get a new one this winter when I build my tranny .what will it be like driving it around on the street ?will it be doggy so to speak?

Mine drove around fine on the street with a stock converter, just a tad slower than stock. Mind you, mine is a BB and my D5 was in really good shape. Now with the 9.5 nlu it's lights off almost instant.

Call Dave Husek for your trans+converter combo, http://www.turbobuickperformance.com/ he will spec one for your combo and street brawling goals.

What he said^^^ David or Dusty converter will work great with that turbo 6262.. If you have a 2700 stall and its a restall d5 your gonna drive right over that converter it can't couple the power like the 9.5nl or Dave's. It will be like a new car. A 9.5nl 2800 stall will work good . I have a 6466 and a 9.5 nl 3000 stall and spool is like a stock turbo.

You should be quite impressed...I ran a 10.5 in. LU, 2800 stall and a 6262 BB, XFI, Precision SLIC and ALKY, stock trans and stock motor with a few mods..ran a 11.6 and it spooled up very fast in my opinion. I think the 60 ft. was around 1.59, don't have the time slip, but it launched real strong and if I punched it from a roll, it was on !!

You need a smaller, lighter more efficient converter then a 12" to spool a 6262
Odds are your 12" stalls no where near 2700, most don't come close, had an old red stripe re-stalled d5 back in the days was advertised at 3000 stall, it came up below 2100@ 0 psi.

Had a 6262 on my old 4.1 combo with ported stock heads, 212/212 cam, and a 3200 stall 9x11. Spooled pretty quick on the street.

Running that same setup. The spool is nice. There is a slight lag, but not anything to complain about from me.

Question for the OP--Is your turbo a journal or bb? I have a journal bearing and my car spools fairly quick with my Edge, 3,000 stall tc.

My 6262 journal bearing with a 9.5" PTC 3200 stall spools like lightning on the street

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice et/mph. What was the old turbo? Is the PTC a non-lock? How much boost/timing with the 6262? Thanks for any feedback.

Nice et/mph. What was the old turbo? Is the PTC a non-lock? How much boost/timing with the 6262? Thanks for any feedback.
turbo was an older Limit 70. Yes converter is a non-lock. 550 rwhp in 100* temps and 90+% humidity. 24 lbs not sure how much timing Bison threw at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great time for only 24#.

Please post back when you get to the track with your current combo.

Car went 10.84 @ 125 with old turbo and converter. New turbo made 40 more rwhp on the dyno. I would think it should go 10.60s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
Nice times! What does your car weigh in at?