212-206 Roller Cam

86 TR

Work In Progress
Any of you guys out there running weber racings 212-206 roller cams. I currently have a TE60 turbo, precision stock loc I/C, 60 motrons, ported irons, ported intake, orange stripe converter, rjc power plate, stock TB, etc.

Im lookin for a good street cam that would get the car into the high-10's eventually with the right turbo.

I was wondering how this cam acts with the stock diameter stall converter. I can't afford a different stall right now so I want something to be fun on the street and still get good numbers at the track. Its either gonna be a 206-206, or a 212-206 roller.

Look in my sig. for my best times last year with a flat tappet 210-205.

A little too much intake duration for a 12" imo

Brian at webers told me if I was going to stay with a stock or stock size converter to go with 206/206.Im just had a motor built by them with the 212/206 but dont have anything together yet and Im using a 10inch pro-torque.

If you're gonna run a larger diameter lock-up converter buy Weber's 206/206 with the .335 lobe. If you're gonna run a smaller diameter converter, especially a non-lock go with the 212/206.

K.

Any Card Card info

We are building a Motor with a Weber 212/206 Roller i need some specs on this Cam and what to Degree the cam in at.

Thanks Jeff

Anyone care to opine as to why these cams have more intake duration than exhaust?? and the theory/benefits behind that? It has always been my understanding that cams for our cars, if split duration, should generally be split the other way.... ie.. 205/210..... as with the turbo (or forced induction in general), you can get more air in with a bit less duration, and the extra duration on the exh. side can be beneficial to get the air back out.... :confused:

Anyone care to opine as to why these cams have more intake duration than exhaust?? and the theory/benefits behind that? It has always been my understanding that cams for our cars, if split duration, should generally be split the other way.... ie.. 205/210..... as with the turbo (or forced induction in general), you can get more air in with a bit less duration, and the extra duration on the exh. side can be beneficial to get the air back out.... :confused:

I'm thinking the compression from the engine forcing the air out is greater than the turbo's pressure forcing the air in... There's probably all kinds of variables as well though... We could probably take some courses in Engine Dynamics Theory and understand it more...

Alot of us know what works from R&D and testing combinations, but I think only a few understand why it works...

K.

It's called back pressure,which typically is 2+ times the boost pressure. It's
also related to the flow numbers on the ports. 90% of the cams we sell are
custom speced to those particulars and they are single pattern grinds. Our
Street Hydraulic Roller was recently dynoed at 697rhp.on a daily driver combo.