206 or 212 comp roller cam

chriss4655

Can't pick which one's for me. Street car goes to the track a few time a year ! Combo over view , 6130 turbo , 3200 10" PTC L/U , ported irons , alky, stretched intercooler, 275/60/15 DR. Fresh short block , stock stroke, je pistons ,eagle crank and rods. Internally balanced.

I'll say 206. The benefit is minimal going with the 212, it's easier to set up the valvetrain to longevity, and you don't have to up the compression to get your VE back. These cars don't need big ass cams like other engines.

bigger cam means more rpm, and that means bigger springs, and push rods, and on and on.
if its a street car,why go more than whats needed?
206 will give very good street manners, and drive-ability,

Can't pick which one's for me. Street car goes to the track a few time a year ! Combo over view , 6130 turbo , 3200 10" PTC L/U , ported irons , alky, stretched intercooler, 275/60/15 DR. Fresh short block , stock stroke, je pistons ,eagle crank and rods. Internally balanced.

With either cam, you will need to change that converter, it is way way too loose.It will flash outside your RPM range with most larger cams. I would suggest a 212/206 or a 212/212. Both drive excellent. I can custom grind it for you and set you up with a kit. As far as a converter, I would use a 3000 stall lock-up.

Thanks Dave , and yes the converters is too loose, have it snugged up only 200 rpm ?
The converter you are using uses a 6 pump and an 086 stator and makes it way too loose for any Turbo Buick. The 2800 uses a 0 pump and 086 stator. These are your only choices for lock-up with that converter brand.

Great info David just wondering why these are sold by some of the buick vendors that support this site ! Sounds like I should have it tighten up the the 2800 stall !!

Great info David just wondering why these are sold by some of the buick vendors that support this site ! Sounds like I should have it tighten up the the 2800 stall !!
I do not know why. I would definitely restall to the 2800 stall. If you end up needing a lockup with 3000 or 3250 stall, I have them available that I have designed to work in a Turbo Buick.

Yes I agree for sure ! But I need a cam to finish off this motor build. The motor in the car will remain a stocker !! I was sure the first road test with that converter was too loose, Still it got some good 60ft 's 1.59 & 1.68 . the one and only time to the track. The 1.59 was zero boost off idle leave. I'am going to take David's advise and have it tighten up when I do the motor swap.