206 or 212 comp roller cam

Post your 60 off zero boost after his advice. Bet it suffer and your car will take longer to spool. 3200 too loose? Whatever. You pick it for the purpose of the car and drivers preference in driving characteristics.
Custom cam for a bolt on stocker... Why? 206/206 in plenty of stock type cars. I'd like to see the back to back hp gain on the "custom grind" cam.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Post your 60 off zero boost after his advice. Bet it suffer and your car will take longer to spool. 3200 too loose? Whatever. You pick it for the purpose of the car and drivers preference in driving characteristics.
Custom cam for a bolt on stocker... Why? 206/206 in plenty of stock type cars. I'd like to see the back to back hp gain on the "custom grind" cam.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

depends on the convertor doesn't it .. they don't all act alike and each setup is slightly different

and YES on the custom cams .. they make a difference .. take a old school cookie cutter 206/206 and compare it to a custom grind for a specific setup .. bet you leave 10% on the table with the old school junk .. the problem is EVERYONE thinks they are a cam guru .. opening and closing valves is a science

It won't matter.
I see the path this thread is headed down.
OP said he had a 1.59 60ft off idle- 0 boost
YEAH....RIGHT!
Spend the $900 on a the converter, $900 on the Custom cam kit and post the new times.
I'd love to see the tremendous gains.

OP, Good luck with your car!
Dave has some little problem with Dusty from what I've read on this board.
Knocking Dusty's product is not going to help sell yours.

Had to let off had at 800 feet, some alky pump troubles.

Attachments

• stuff 170.jpg
    stuff 170.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 201
I was shocked at the 60' when we were at the track that was his first pass!
I'd leave the converter pull the trigger on the 212 and see where your at if anything you might just need a little more turbo either way it will be a tire shredding beast on the street when you want and still cruise nice in LU. If you really want a true street car ;)

3200 too loose? Whatever. You pick it for the purpose of the car and drivers preference in driving characteristics.

Not taking sides guys but I had this 3200 LU from PTC. It was way too loose. Should have contacted Dusty before I bought it but I didn't. Only dropped 200-250 rpm on shifts. Ideally, you want at least 800 rpm drop.

Get the converter tightened up or get something else.

DLS 210/210 is a nice roller cam and works well with the right spring up to 5800rpm. That's as far as I would rev a stock bottom end. That's why I chose that cam.

Joe

Had to let off had at 800 feet, some alky pump troubles.

Sent from my HTCONE using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

You understand off idle means you launched at around 850 RPM. Turbo Buicks don't 60 like that without some type of RPM or boost while staged.

Yup ! Just stood on the gas on the last amber light. Tried using some boost and loading the car up and the 60ft suffered 1.68 & 1.76 . On BFG DR to boot!!!

Sent from my HTCONE using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

You understand off idle means you launched at around 850 RPM. Turbo Buicks don't 60 like that without some type of RPM or boost while staged.

That was my suggestion at the track but the first run he must have flashed it it. The other runs he loaded it up at the 60s got slower.

When I build boost up on the line I only use about 1/4-1/3 throttle or so then let the boost build up. I don't floor it otherwise it loads up.

ks

Just curious, how would his 60 ft slow down if building boost at the line, unless the tires spun? I'm amazed at a 1.59 60 ft just off of idle. That thing has to be making great power down low, and have a great suspension setup!

Just curious, how would his 60 ft slow down if building boost at the line, unless the tires spun? I'm amazed at a 1.59 60 ft just off of idle. That thing has to be making great power down low, and have a great suspension setup!
LOL I agree!

Pretty sure I hurt the motor on my first pass , my alky boost signal line came off and off course no pump = no meth= headgasket issues. Took a few more passes to finish it off !!! LOL

Attachments

• stuff 071.jpg
    stuff 071.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 241
  • stuff 151.jpg
    stuff 151.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 252
Pretty sure I hurt the motor on my first pass , my alky boost signal line came off and off course no pump = no meth= headgasket issues. Took a few more passes to finish it off !!! LOL

Another meth story...I like those...not really...I hear too many of them...too often

Another meth story...I like those...not really...I hear too many of them...too often

It stands to reason that the more people that run alky, the more failures, by users and installers of the system mainly, that are going to occur and be published. The reason more people run it is because it works wonderfully when executed properly. There lies the issue. We are naturally good dreamers and planners as humans, but the majority of us are not good executors of said plan, and thus alky tanks don't get filled and boost reference lines are never zip tied and never checked and things like this happen. Same thing happens when a boost reference line pops off the fuel regulator, but no one starts bashing the regular fuel system when that happens. A big "you need to zip tie your lines" message goes out and everyone goes on repeating the same things they were doing or not doing before. I guess I need to post every year when I successfully put 10k miles on my car and another 50 passes at 120mph just to prove to everyone on this board that alky works well when executed properly. My alternator went bad and had a voltage drop at 25psi and I lifted the heads. Still my fault for not being on top of it. We need to stop blaming the parts or the setup chosen and get back to what really failed; usually us.

Alky by far the best mod ever!!! I agree 100% with the we4Mateo . My car ran for 6 years flawlessly at 23 + psi on alky and still runs great today. As far as zip ties go check this pic out!! LOL!! I even used a drop of crazy glue first reinstall the signal line then zip tied the hell out of it!!! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)

Attachments

• stuff 275.jpg
    stuff 275.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 193
It stands to reason that the more people that run alky, the more failures, by users and installers of the system mainly, that are going to occur and be published. The reason more people run it is because it works wonderfully when executed properly. There lies the issue. We are naturally good dreamers and planners as humans, but the majority of us are not good executors of said plan, and thus alky tanks don't get filled and boost reference lines are never zip tied and never checked and things like this happen. Same thing happens when a boost reference line pops off the fuel regulator, but no one starts bashing the regular fuel system when that happens. A big "you need to zip tie your lines" message goes out and everyone goes on repeating the same things they were doing or not doing before. I guess I need to post every year when I successfully put 10k miles on my car and another 50 passes at 120mph just to prove to everyone on this board that alky works well when executed properly. My alternator went bad and had a voltage drop at 25psi and I lifted the heads. Still my fault for not being on top of it. We need to stop blaming the parts or the setup chosen and get back to what really failed; usually us.

All true. I wasn't bashing any of it really.
I just hear alot of stories about folks blowing up when "it" (the plan) doesn't work as planned.
It's not the meth that is the issue, nor the mechanicals.
I do believe it's the 25+ psi that can get you in trouble. ;)
Heck - for the experienced guys with contigency budgets - I've not any issues with that.
(Or a spare motor in the garage helps) Actually - I don't have any issue with any of it.
As you can see fro my screen name - I love meth. :D
I started off just being curious as to the nature of the detonation. (I kinda had my suspicions)
It's more for the guys who have more limited funds, but have big dreams of big boost.
I saw someone lately shooting for close to 30 or more on stock 109.
I was like dood - you're insane. :D

At least you are a strong finisher though Chris! :D