2017 THS RULES DISCUSION

I'd hate to see these four TSM cars with class to race
However, they removed themselves from a class they fit in, they did not get put out of it. Big difference.

That is hitting the nail on the head. Should be made a sticky in all the heads up racing class sections on this board.

Right, but your car fits both classes (I think :confused:) without changing anything. Anyone would be hard pressed to say you were dropping down or cherry picking by racing TTS. I was asked if I was going to drop down to a 62 turbo and race TTS and I said no. That's not the direction I want to take with that car.

Some may not want to try to run two classes, have less down time, and put the added stress on the car.
But if I can help the car count of TTS and THS with a simple change for me... I'm in!
If those TSM cars come to THS buy fitting the rules what can I say except Welcome, how much boost do you run, compression ratio, and we will need your cam card for block spec verfication.... (shhh, trust me, they will fall for it)

What's up folks...I just sat here and read through the rules, a few ideas came to me I'd like to toss out for discussion.

1. I think that we should A. throw out the weight penalty for non 200-4r transmissions, or B. go back to only 200-4r transmissions...Basically I think if we are going to allow different transmissions why have 2 weights for something that really should have a negligible performance advantage. Have we had a non 200-4r at a race? I don't recall ever seeing one, but to be honest I'd lean more towards just throwing out the weight penalty at this point IMO.

2. If we allow fiberglass hoods, why not decklids?

3. Lightweight batteries, keep the required stock location but allow a smaller lightweight battery in it's place.

If you haven't noticed there is a theme here, I have 0 interest in changing any rule that would allow the cars to make more power but I think it would be cool to allow people to get closer to the minimum weight in any way that they would like without allowing things that would make the cars more "race car" than they already are.

Side note, I finally started spending some money on my car so maybe you'll actually see me at the race track this year (fingers crossed, I hope, I hope)

Hopefully you will be!! Good to hear from you again on hear!!!

What's up folks...I just sat here and read through the rules, a few ideas came to me I'd like to toss out for discussion.

1. I think that we should A. throw out the weight penalty for non 200-4r transmissions, or B. go back to only 200-4r transmissions...Basically I think if we are going to allow different transmissions why have 2 weights for something that really should have a negligible performance advantage. Have we had a non 200-4r at a race? I don't recall ever seeing one, but to be honest I'd lean more towards just throwing out the weight penalty at this point IMO.

2. If we allow fiberglass hoods, why not decklids?

3. Lightweight batteries, keep the required stock location but allow a smaller lightweight battery in it's place.

If you haven't noticed there is a theme here, I have 0 interest in changing any rule that would allow the cars to make more power but I think it would be cool to allow people to get closer to the minimum weight in any way that they would like without allowing things that would make the cars more "race car" than they already are.

Side note, I finally started spending some money on my car so maybe you'll actually see me at the race track this year (fingers crossed, I hope, I hope)

You forgot to add you agree with me on the nitrous!
Also, glass bumpers, hood and now decklids and mini batteries? Next will be doors and then you may as well call it a TSM car. But as i said before. If they make weight...let them race.

You forgot to add you agree with me on the nitrous!
Also, glass bumpers, hood and now decklids and mini batteries? Next will be doors and then you may as well call it a TSM car. But as i said before. If they make weight...let them race.

Not so sold on the n2o Jas, and never on doors, not on a street car, the deck lid won't save your life possibly someday so if you want one that's fiberglass go on with your bad self imo.

As I said just some thoughts I had, if there's no interest in these ideas we don't even have to vote on them let alone allow them in. I won't be replacing any of the steel on my car no matter what ends up being allowed or not.

No need for glass hoods and decklids, mine are steel with all the factory struts etc and with a full tank of gas, full meth tank, slide on console, V1 wired up, pure street trim, and me in it I'm at 3300#'s.

I'm not spending money to run TTS, cheaper to get a five point palm ninja super turbo upgrade and run THS. What's the biggest turbo we can get these days, 6768 .85 exhaust with dbb?

No need for glass hoods and decklids, mine are steel with all the factory struts etc and with a full tank of gas, full meth tank, slide on console, V1 wired up, pure street trim, and me in it I'm at 3300#'s.

Number 1 that's abnormally light.

Number 2 do you have a roll bar or for that matter a full cage, all of us should have at least a roll bar for the speeds our cars are capable of, if you choose not to have one that's cool.

I'm not saying a deck lid is required to get a car light enough I'm just saying someone might would rather go that route and if done well you wouldn't even know so it takes nothing away from the "street car" appearance so I don't see any reason to keep it out

( I vote D Day and Sean Hayes have to race each other 1st round too.)​
That is a good one. One thing to think about, the fastest car doesn't always win , I know this from both sides of the coin. Right SLOGN.
DDay

Yes Sir ....

I Slo Car like mine still has a chance!!!!

No index classes. As discussed in other classes there are (I think) 5 index classes already, enough for anyone that wants to race it. Waiting to see how TTS turns out and go from there.

Explain where the other index classes are at?

Clint, right, had a brain fart but still feel it needs to be a heads up class. If someone wants to play the dial in game, hit the bracket classes.
As far as changes, if TTS is going to be to close to THS lets "space out" THS.
Allow fiberglass or carbon fiber deck lids.
Heat/ AC delete allowed
Lower the weight to 3400/3450 across the board
Remove the matching wheels.

Its not a dail in class.......

its heads up racing that has a maxium ET for the class. if you run under that ET its time for the next class! With index classes it takes all the bullshit rules and weights and turbo sizes and shit off the table! Everyone still has to meet the same et limit......

Buick Racing is dying and the more classes with all kinds of rules just keep them away even more...... For instance a TTA and THS is amost is the same.. taking cars from one class to another ...same car count....not adding anything so its a washout

If someone wants to index race, go ahead. I prefer heads up, any time you have a "max et" or something like that then you are chasing a number... but don't cross it. Or you lose for going "to fast"??? If i know the rules and i cross the line first, i win..plain and simple. However, I'm just 1 person, if everyone else wants to then go for it.

I propose to:
Lower the weight to 3400
Allow glass or CF deck lid
No heat or ac required.

If someone wants to index race, go ahead. I prefer heads up, any time you have a "max et" or something like that then you are chasing a number... but don't cross it. Or you lose for going "to fast"??? If i know the rules and i cross the line first, i win..plain and simple. However, I'm just 1 person, if everyone else wants to then go for it.

OFF Topic
On another thread someone said there are 5 index classes at BG..that is false there are 0 index races at BG and 3 bracket classes not 5. .Dont let the facts get in the way of everyones opinion however index racing is heads up racing, pro tree, pro brackets on a .40 tree just like heads up racing only you tune the car to run a number .Its not bracket racing

Index racing has a certain appeal to be sure, but the whole point is for any kind of car to race pro tree against each other without a set of rules to attempt to equal out their performance...I can do that at my local track once a month why in the world would I come to a Buick event for that, I go to Buick events to race against (or watch racing of) cars like mine.

Index racing doesn't even belong in a thread about a heads up class, if someone wants to index race more power to them but that discussion belongs elsewhere.