2017 THS RULES DISCUSION

OFF Topic
On another thread someone said there are 5 index classes at BG..that is false there are 0 index races at BG and 3 bracket classes not 5. .Dont let the facts get in the way of everyones opinion however index racing is heads up racing, pro tree, pro brackets on a .40 tree just like heads up racing only you tune the car to run a number .Its not bracket racing
Your right, I was thinking of something else and messed up when I said "index" in the other thread. I understand there are 3 bracket classes but doesn't Super 16 and another class have you to run the number you set, and not break out??? It's only my opinion but I don't want to have worry about a number. I have run a local index class before I stopped going when I had to always peddle to keep from breaking out. Just wasn't fun for me and the group helping me out.

Your right, I was thinking of something else and messed up when I said "index" in the other thread. I understand there are 3 bracket classes but doesn't Super 16 and another class have you to run the number you set, and not break out??? It's only my opinion but I don't want to have worry about a number. I have run a local index class before I stopped going when I had to always peddle to keep from breaking out. Just wasn't fun for me and the group helping me out.
Yuor right super 16 is bracket also plus the 3 brackets .I love the heads up stuff too

I vote to keep the rules the same and work on getting more sponsorship for each event. This racing thing is expensive enough.

Haulz A

Number 1 that's abnormally light.

Number 2 do you have a roll bar or for that matter a full cage, all of us should have at least a roll bar for the speeds our cars are capable of, if you choose not to have one that's cool.

I'm not saying a deck lid is required to get a car light enough I'm just saying someone might would rather go that route and if done well you wouldn't even know so it takes nothing away from the "street car" appearance so I don't see any reason to keep it out

It was always a light car for some reason. 4 point bolt in harness bar for my microsuede seats and 5 pt harness. It's a street car, pump gas and alky all the way. Can get creative with non-structural bolts can be nylon, like the license tag bolts. I do have glass bumpers, but planning on welding in some beefy cross members behind them. I want to remove my rear decklids spring torsion voodoo and put in regular gas shocks. I run a portable blue tooth stereo since my alpine wouldn't play my iphone 6 music so I ripped the entire stereo and wiring out and sold it.

What has everyone broken the most? Me its rearends. I've been through 2 auburns, broke a stock axle, broke the spiders in a used eaton. Other than gov springs, I've only snapped one 200 input shaft. Now that there's TTS maybe allow Ferd 9's and no weight penalty for TH400?

No nitrous, no CO2, no alky injection.

Have to keep alky injection. The alky cars put the street in Turbo Hot Street since we can run in race tune all the time. I see your point though, we do have a class all our own.

After getting the clear answer yesterday that 4 bolts and other exhaust housing are now allowed in TSM, it is time to move forward. I think I have followed everyones ideas except your Jas as I have seen stuff both ways from you No nos and nos etc., maybe repost what you want to vote on. I feel like some of your posts were humor but to do this right we need to be sure.

I vote to allow nitrous. If we can allow CO2 boost controllers, and alky to be injected why not nitrous? Its an option to everyone in the class just like the other two. Some choose to use things others dont. With looking at the GSXtra today do we all need to have new longblocks built to keep up with the front runners? That will become very expensive. If an affordable way to boost performance is allowed and the benefits are impressive i can see more mild builds entering the class to compete.

well if Nos is allowed i think for having a double power adder there needs to be a weight penalty for it, Or limit the size turbo with nos....

9.90 index.........

No nitrous, no CO2, no alky injection.

No race gas either.........if E85 is allowed ....then so is alky injection.....

you want street....fine true pump gas....All cars needs to make a 30 minute drive of in town and highway......

Come to the track and just lower the tire pressure and make the qualifing hit......

well if Nos is allowed i think for having a double power adder there needs to be a weight penalty for it, Or limit the size turbo with nos....

9.90 index.........
Weight penalty is fine or limit the turbo. I dont think a cap on et is cool. I hate to see folks on the brakes trying not to break out. That can cause a wreck.
Race fuel and E85 are added to the fuel tank thats fine. Hell one could run straight meth for all i care.

I vote for nitrous!

I agree with Patrick concerning NOS- I don't have a problem with anyone wanting to use it but there has to be limiting factors such as; turbo size, weigh penalty, amount of NOS that can be injected, what type of fuels allowed etc.

Haulz A

The class has had good participation in the past, and that will continue in the future. I would like to see the class as being more competitive, however for that to happen myself and others are going to have to step up our efforts. I vote to leave the rules as they currently are.

Patrick Hester,
Your right- If anyone wana run at the top of the pack- they will have to step up their game and purchase the go fast parts, tune their engine/suspension to compete or watch the separation grow further as time/ technology progress.

Haulz A
Roll Tide

The class has had good participation in the past, and that will continue in the future. I would like to see the class as being more competitive, however for that to happen myself and others are going to have to step up our efforts. I vote to leave the rules as they currently are.

I feel like you are selling yourself short in this post Patrick, last time I saw you race I felt like you had a better than average shot at busting some heads...I sure wouldn't have been in a hurry to line up against you (moot point when my junk was broke once again)

As far the class being competitive I think we have seen many times in this class that you don't have to have all the latest and greatest to be competitive, I mean the only time my car has been out I qualified number 3 if I recall correctly with a $400 turbo and the car had never been to the track before that weekend.

Last edited:
And even if you have 99% of the latest and greatest, maybe one thing holds it back. Me, I never could let go of being a street car and the 9/11 lockup converter. But it never locked up at WOT, had it rebuilt, same thing, tried a different one same problem, anything over 18psi boost was the same mph, just would sit at 6k+ all the way. But a 3600 stall pTc 9.5 like every other race car has, I mean street car, is actually awesome around town. My days of 22+mpg on the highway to the track and back are probably over though.

The top 10 cars in the class have very similar combos that just need dialing in to be front of the pack contenders. We have not reached the full potential of the rules we already have. If NOS was added you will see more people on the sidelines after their stuff is blown up. Not good in my own opinion.

The top 10 cars in the class have very similar combos that just need dialing in to be front of the pack contenders. We have not reached the full potential of the rules we already have. If NOS was added you will see more people on the sidelines after their stuff is blown up. Not good in my own opinion.

Agree Nos seems like a bad idea

If you dont know how to use Nitrous you dont have to. Its no dangerous than a XFI or Alky system in the wrong hands. I see Im losing the fight here.

I've been watching a car with a 100 shot that would fit the class go 10.80s on motor and 10.30s on the spray. He knows the 10.80s wont get him far but on spray he's in the middle of the pack or better.

You guys seem to want more TSM style cars coming to play.