2017 THS RULES DISCUSION

I have been waiting to open this discussion until after the TTS ( new class replacing TSA) were completed because I am sure there will be some similarities and might change the thinking on some proposed rules. I know the rules are very close to being done from working with Bill on them.

I'm just here for the rematches. I failed to zip tie my MAP sensor reference line (got an AEM 3.5 bar now).

Me vs DDay 2015:

IMG_5025.JPG

Like the title says, lets hear from you.
DDay
Whaz happening Dday- have you been working on anymore sponsors for the TB.com nationals coming up May 2017. I got my engine broke in (rings seated) - just been working on the tune-up. Taking the tranny out in a few weeks to get it freshen up- it started developing 2-3 shift flares- its been in the car for three years. I guess I got my moneys worth out of it ha. Good to hear from you bro.

Haulz A

Nitrous! Let's OK the use of it!

Hear is what is funny, I wanted to include nitrous in the original rules I wrote but did not as I was worried that some would see it as some big advantage and then not race. We have had a few cars show up with it and have to disable it so I figure it is time to put it to a vote.
I spoke with Bill today and the TTS rules will be up by weekends end so after that we should get moving on every ones ideas. Just so no one misses it, it looks like TSM is headed toward a 4 bolt turbo. This might change some peoples ideas for our little class.
As for voting, since we had no race this year we will take those who qualified this year plus the racers from the last two years. In other words 2014 through 2016.

I think the rules are fine the way they are- it cost a lot money to keep modifying cars to fit certain class. Policing the turbo size is really the only issue I see- we are able use multiple fuel types with our combinations such as Alky/93, races fuels (C110,C116,Q116 etc).

1. Minimum weight with driver 3500 lbs - 8445 or aluminum heads
2. 67 millimeter turbo compressor wheel size max- three bolt stock style
3. No fiber glass external body panels of any type
4. Car with stock ECM get a 100 lbs weight break- minimum weight with driver 3400 lbs
5. Fuel types allowed Alky/93 or race fuel such as C110/C116/Q116
6. Any type of boost controller/waste gate or blow off valve
7. Tires allowed- Drag radial only - max tire size 275x15x60

I'm good with no changes, unless someone has some new ideas that will be for the good of the class.
DDay

Last edited:
I'm good with no changes, unless someone has some new ideas that will be for the good of the class.
DDay

These are the only proposal's I have Dday.
1. Minimum weight with driver 3500 lbs - 8445 or aluminum heads
2. 67 millimeter turbo compressor wheel size max- three bolt stock style
3. No fiber glass external body panels of any type
4. Car with stock ECM get a 100 lbs weight break- minimum weight with driver 3400 lbs
5. Fuel types allowed Alky/93, E85 or race fuel such as C110/C116/Q116
6. Any type of boost controller/waste gate or blow off valve
7. Tires allowed- Drag radial only - max tire size 275x15x60
8. Front mount or stock location intercoolers- no water to air intercoolers

These are the only proposal's I have Dday.

Is this regardless of Speed Density or penalty for Speed Density?? Stock ECM W/ SD is effectively similar in nature to Aftermarket ECUs

Is this regardless of Speed Density or penalty for Speed Density?? Stock ECM W/ SD is effectively similar in nature to Aftermarket ECUs

4. Stock ECM car should get a 100 lbs weight break reguardless of speed density chip or mass air- minimum of 3400 lbs with driver.

I vote no changes for the rules....

The problem with giving weigh tbreaks to the stock ECM guys is how do you prove this and when will we have enough time with a full car field.

The disadvantage to the stock ecm is using the MAF IMOP. Using the stock ecm with a sd2 isn't a disadvantage over a xfi

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Whats your thought process for this?? Where is the dis-advantage??

The only person I know of that has proven that a SD-2 chip can be tune to run fast is Walt Judy which he runs TSM- He also builds his own engine and has a lot of secrets to the process- its not just the SD-2 chip that makes his car fast. To my knowledge as far as the THS class- no one has come close to running 9 second passes with any stock ECM/chip in the past three years. The fastest I ran with a stock ECM/Mass air chip was 10;21 @ 132 in THS full trim @3675 including my weight in 2015 @ BG. Plus its highly unlikely that a novelist tuner guy can tune and SD-2 chip to compete with any of Cal Hartline cars that running a Fast in the THS class. Plus anyone who is running an SD-2 chip will not have track side years of experience and support to tune the car as a Cal Hartline THS car would. That's my case my friend- rebuttal if you like.

Haulz A