2011 F150 EcoBoost

Here she is.

Attachments

• F150 Limited.jpg
    F150 Limited.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 160
WOW!! that is awesome.
Love the color + the wheels.
my last 3 pickups have been white,including the 1 i have now,+ if i get an eco-boost ,its going to be a white xlt regular cab.
Seeing this one really makes me want one now. Very Nice.

Congrats, those Limiteds are sweet rides. :cool:
Yes Sir!
WOW!! that is awesome.
Love the color + the wheels.
my last 3 pickups have been white,including the 1 i have now,+ if i get an eco-boost ,its going to be a white xlt regular cab.
Seeing this one really makes me want one now. Very Nice.

The interior is even better!! After I get the windows tinted, bug shield etc etc I will start a new thread.

Oh yeah did I mention we have 2009 Suburban Z71 Just as nice for sale :biggrin:

Thanks! :biggrin:

The rear has 3.55 gears.

Since I did not want a 4WD version, I asked if the springs were same. I was told that both versions have the same springs, and the tow package did NOT upgrade the springs.

Towing to the track last night was fine, but I think a little fine tuning of the equalizer/hitch may be in order as the ball seems a little too high for such a heavy trailer?

I am pretty convinced mine needs a heavier ply tire the suspension is just to soft with the Load D tire and the wt I am pulling with my enclosed. My trailer has wooden cabinets in it and has a lot of tongue weight even with the wt distribution hitch. It'll be even worse with the quad on board. I will probably wait till spring though as I wont be towing much from now till May. A heavier ply tire and an extra leaf in the springs and it would tow as well as any 3/4 ton IMO and wouldnt give up much in the ride dept. Especially if you air the tires down to 45 when not towing.

Oh I don't know, I've always ran load range D's on my Excursion since day 1. And I've had my enclosed way overloaded on several occasions (when moving and using it as the moving van). Never any I'll effects. I just made sure to inflate them to their sidewall displayed max inflation. Then when not towing I bring them back down to a more reasonable level. I've had many towing experts tell me over the years to keep them inflated to max when towing.

You really don't want E's on your truck. The ride would ruin your experience.

Where does the advertized 3000#+ payload vs the 1770# on the Gm truck come from??

Where does the advertized 3000#+ payload vs the 1770# on the Gm truck come from??
The 3000# payload is not in the regular 1/2 ton F150 with max tow pkg. It is in the heavy duty 1/2 ton which comes with 10.25" rear ends with 7 lug wheels along with upgraded leaf springs and brakes etc..

I must run E's on my 1 ton work van and you're right they hit imperfections in the road hard. They do roll better than D's on smooth pavement though with a heavy load and may give you better fuel mileage.

Mikey

6.2 denali runs 14.23.i ran mine a couple of weeks ago.now i have a cai and a tune and hoping for a 13 sec slip.

I was giving the slower numbers. I saws they were rated at 14.5. I will be picking one up in a couple weeks. Did you do your own tune?

6.2 denali runs 14.23.i ran mine a couple of weeks ago.now i have a cai and a tune and hoping for a 13 sec slip.
The fastest Ecoboost F150 I've seen on the F150 forums is 14.18. That is with a CAI and exhaust. There still aren't any tunes available for the Ecoboost yet, darned encripted ECU. :mad:

The fastest Ecoboost F150 I've seen on the F150 forums is 14.18. That is with a CAI and exhaust. There still aren't any tunes available for the Ecoboost yet, darned encripted ECU. :mad:

I wouldn't think it would be too long for a tune to show up. They have one for the eco-boost SHO, and run deep into the 12's with that.

Oh I don't know, I've always ran load range D's on my Excursion since day 1. And I've had my enclosed way overloaded on several occasions (when moving and using it as the moving van). Never any I'll effects. I just made sure to inflate them to their sidewall displayed max inflation. Then when not towing I bring them back down to a more reasonable level. I've had many towing experts tell me over the years to keep them inflated to max when towing.

Max psi on the D tires is 45psi. The E's are 80 psi. I figured I would run around town with them at 45 and take them up to 80 when towing. I did this on my dually with E load range tires and it made a difference in ride. When we towed down to BG it was in pretty bad weather with wind gust to 30mph. I felt a better tire under it would make a big difference.

Doesn't look too terribly busted up. The intercooler took a little tweek but not bad.