2011 F150 EcoBoost

You also have to keep in mind the extreme potential this setup has lying under the surface with super strong internals, super flowing heads,+ twin turbo's to turn up,
wait till they start modding these motors they are going to be monsters ,just like our little turbo sixes but with WAY more potential.

There's a few guys on the F150 forums running 14.4's and 14.5's with CAI's and catback exhaust kits. There aren't any tunes available yet.

Chris that's impressive any idea on the MPG while towing?

I towed my enclosed to BG and back to Youngstown OH, about 1100 miles total. Trailer with equipment and no car 5500#, car is 3450 with no driver so 9000# loaded. Gas mileage was 9.4 mpg on the beater meter and 9.2 calculating it. I was getting about 210-220 miles out of about 23 gallons and I ran premium gas. We ran the truck at 70-75mph. This is about 1 mpg less than my 1 ton duramax towing the same load. Impressive for a V6 gas motor. This is now definitely the best truck I've owned and I am super happy with the MPG towing the enclosed. Even my friend Ray's single wheel D-max gets only 12.5mpg towing my enclosed with a car.

Suspension is still a little soft. I have a wt distribution hitch, and I put the Timbreck helper bags in and they seemed to work really well. I have sway control but dont have it hooked up. I think it needs a load range E tire and the factory has D range on it now. A heavier ply tire and an extra leaf in the spring would really make it a nice truck to tow such a big load. I have the std tow package with the 3.55 rear gear. The max tow pkg only came with the 3.73 which I didnt want but I think they have a heavier leaf spring. I think I made the better call with the 3.55 as it has no power issues what so ever pulling 9000# and with the 3.73 MPG would've suffered and it isnt expensive to have an extra leaf added to the spring pack.

i just asked because my friend just bought a ecoboost and i have a denali with a 6.2 and i walked on him pretty good from a dead stop and from a 30 mph roll.his is 4x4 and mine is awd

That's good to know should I come across a playful ecoboost. Your Denali stock or modded?

I have been driving a 2011 Lincoln MKS with the Ecoboost motor.. This car is a blast to drive. Handles like you wouldn't believe even though its a tank.. A few tweaks and I know I'd beat 75% of Buicks around here :biggrin:!!! Ahhhh the element of surprise :p Looking an a new Ecoboost truck when this 2010 F150 gets ready to turn in.. Milage should be very good to boot.. Lincoln goin 70/75 got 28 mpg on the highway !! Turbos rule :wink:

After 5 years with my 2006 Dodge diesel, I traded it yesterday for a new Ecoboost Lariat and could not be happier. :biggrin:

My trailer is similar, almost identical, to the one Chris Lyons showed with his new Ecoboost. The Dodge has more brute power, but it beat me up terrible around town without a trailer. With a 60 mile round trip to the local tracks, I will also be able use the Ford around town, so we can do with one less vehicle in the family.

Air bags with a wireless controller makes it easy to go from towing to commuting. The "creatures comforts" are light years ahead of the Dodge and Chevy in my opinion, especially with the Lariat package. :)

It towed fine W/O the air bags and equalizer bars at 65-70 MPH, so it should be much better tonight going to the track since they have been installed.

If the mileage is about the same as the Dodge, at $.50 less a gallon, that will be a pleasant change!

Ecoboost.jpg

Do these come in a 2 door version? All I see are 4 doors with a small bed. I would like a bigger bed with just an extended cab if I were to get one...

After 5 years with my 2006 Dodge diesel, I traded it yesterday for a new Ecoboost Lariat and could not be happier. :biggrin:

My trailer is similar, almost identical, to the one Chris Lyons showed with his new Ecoboost. The Dodge has more brute power, but it beat me up terrible around town without a trailer. With a 60 mile round trip to the local tracks, I will also be able use the Ford around town, so we can do with one less vehicle in the family.

Air bags with a wireless controller makes it easy to go from towing to commuting. The "creatures comforts" are light years ahead of the Dodge and Chevy in my opinion, especially with the Lariat package. :)

It towed fine W/O the air bags and equalizer bars at 65-70 MPH, so it should be much better tonight going to the track since they have been installed.

If the mileage is about the same as the Dodge, at $.50 less a gallon, that will be a pleasant change!

View attachment 146313

Nice truck Nick! What rear gear do you have and did you get the max tow package?

Nick, I'm jeleous!!! That's exactly the color and configuration I'm thinking of!!

Been thinking of an eco-boost crossover, but the F150 might be another alternative.

Do these come in a 2 door version? All I see are 4 doors with a small bed. I would like a bigger bed with just an extended cab if I were to get one...

Yes, you can get them in virtually any cab/bed configuration you'd like.

Yes, you can get them in virtually any cab/bed configuration you'd like.
The only configuration you can't get with the Ecoboost engine is a regular cab shortbox. You can get a regular cab with the 8' bed. :mad:

Ya..these trucks are great. Lots of power and still decent fuel economy. Any questions about them, PM me, I have been a Master Certified Service Advisor for Ford for 5 years now..

I just spoke for a 2011 Platinum, gonna go look and sign the papers tomorrow if mamma likes it. :p

Real tow vehicles don't have spark plugs.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Ha, ha, ha. My F350 crew cab long bed 7.3 tows well, gives me 16+mpg city 19-21+mpg highway empty and 13+mpg towing the 13K horse trailer at 70+ mph. Everyone I've talked to loves their eco-boost but I'll keep the beast, you keep the payments. I don't have your ride though that's for sure but you won't fall asleep on long trips in my truck.

Mikey

2nastybuicks is right,you can get any configuration,except the 6' bed regular cab(126" wheelbase)if you want an 8' bed + the eco-boost together, you can get them on either a regular cab(145" wheelbase) or extended cab with 8'bed.
But both those models are few + far between,with the eco-boost so you would almost definetly have to order one,chances of finding either one on a lot are pretty slim, I've tried on the regular cab,8 footbed.

Nice truck Nick! What rear gear do you have and did you get the max tow package?

Thanks! :biggrin:

The rear has 3.55 gears.

Since I did not want a 4WD version, I asked if the springs were same. I was told that both versions have the same springs, and the tow package did NOT upgrade the springs.

Towing to the track last night was fine, but I think a little fine tuning of the equalizer/hitch may be in order as the ball seems a little too high for such a heavy trailer?