Ford Ecoboost twin turbo 3.5 sets new Daytona speed records!!!

Good to know that Ford is taking this powerplant seriously. It would be cool if they placed it in a RWD car platform. I love this platform though. A good turbo V6 platform has been long overdue.

Not exactly "production" From the article: The new Ford EcoBoost engine was prepared for the record run by Ford Racing engine partner Roush Yates Engines....I wonder how much they had to mod?

Not exactly "production" From the article: The new Ford EcoBoost engine was prepared for the record run by Ford Racing engine partner Roush Yates Engines....I wonder how much they had to mod?

Forged internals, upgraded fuel supply.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Forged internals, upgraded fuel supply.

Was this the one Ford Racing built that puts down 600hp? It can handle a lot more than that. There is a guy putting down 600 at the wheels on a stock, unopened motor.

This one was built/prepped by Roush for the DP car in the article I posted in the link. I know about what 4DRHTRD is doing with his Flex, but the engine referred to here has to withstand the 24 Hours at Daytona. I doubt 4DR's engine is going to hold together too much longer at the power he's putting down. Cettainly not the tranny or rear!! Making a few dyno pulls is one thing. Torturing it at the drag strip is altogether something different!!

This one was built/prepped by Roush for the DP car in the article I posted in the link. I know about what 4DRHTRD is doing with his Flex, but the engine referred to here has to withstand the 24 Hours at Daytona. I doubt 4DR's engine is going to hold together too much longer at the power he's putting down. Cettainly not the tranny or rear!! Making a few dyno pulls is one thing. Torturing it at the drag strip is altogether something different!!

He will be torturing it at the drag strip and it will be interesting to see how long it lasts. He already has a spare motor lined up to build with forged internals when this one blows.

I have not. Mine's still under warranty, and to tell you the truth, I'm still perfectly happy with the fact that this 5,000 lb. monster will run easy 9.30's in the 1/8th!!!

Mine is tuned. Night and day difference. The track here is closed for now, but according to my msd dashhawk I can pull 13.40's at 104. The dashhawk was always within .05 of my actual track times on my tbss so I believe it. I also had no problem pulling on a camaro ss. They run mid-high 13's around here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Mike, who's tune is it?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Torrie at unleashed tuning. I went through several tunes before I found one I was happy with. He is pretty cool though. I shoot him an email requesting a change and he replies with one in minutes. I logged and came up with that I wanted

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app