2011 F150 EcoBoost

I could not resist, just had to own a 2015 4X4 Ecoboost, and it is hard to believe it is superior in every way over my 2011 Ecoboost!

Only the second 4X4 I have owned as they all had a crap ride, but the 2015 4X4 rides and handles better than my 2WD 2011.

Over the years I have owned many trucks of all brands, but none have been as satisfying to me as this Ford!

Last edited:
Even KBB says stay away from Ford. The new trucks are the most ugliest turds Ford has dumped out yet! It's all about the resale! And a 2015? Put some miles on it and report back.. I'm sure you'll be in a real truck by then :) GM!

http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-resale-value-awards/best-resale-top-10-cars/

That list actually shows the f-150 having a higher resale value at 3 yrs then either the silverado or the sierra and only slightly lower then them at 5 yrs.
I like them both so i'm not biased , (I own a silverado right now, but would buy either brand depending on the deal offered)but that list you showed is not really proving your resale value argument.

Last edited:
2013 Fx4 Ecoboost Premuim SCREW owner here. I could not be happier. My wife drives it primarily. She gets 16mpg with lots of stop and go for dropping our son off at school and shopping nearby. The week I drove it to work with mixed street / freeway I averaged a little over 18mpg. We have the tow package, but not the max tow, so the gears are not 3:73. 25k miles and zero issues. Mods are a drop in AEM filter and tunes by MPT. I have one for street and one for tow. All have been logged and customized to dial in fuel trims / eliminate knock. These are not typical canned tunes. I ran 13.6@99mph consistently with the street tune with a 1800ft DA. I tow a 7000lb 27ft travel trailer with it. I average 10mpg and usually try to cruise around 70. This thing pulls hills fantastic and has tons of low end torque. It never overheats on big 7% grades even when I am blowing up it at 70. It is also as quiet as a mouse. I love this truck. Before this one, I had a '06 Titan. That was a nice truck for its time, but I got sick of towing so much with a DOHC V8. It needed lots of RPM to keep speed up hills and sounded like a NASCAR because of that. That truck got 2mpg worse than the EB F150 in every aspect. It had tune, intake, exhaust, and ran low 15's.

Every brand does something right, IMO. Ford, continues to refine and improve products. I work for a Ford dealership and happened to rent a truck a couple weeks ago. It was a Chevy. The fuel economy impressed me, only problem is, that's the only impressive thing about the truck. The interior was a joke. The power delivery, when accelerating was less then desirable. With the money trucks cost, they need to better then status quo. Just my .02..

Company i work for has a fleet of chevy's and I have the 1st ford van they have ever bought. 2015 ford transit medium roof. Service van is 6' tall in cargo area and just awesome. No more crawling on my knees or laying down cylinders. It has the 3.5 ecoboost motor. I think this van is 800 lb lighter than the chevy. I now carry more parts on it and yet it pulls like a freight train. I am impressed. Saving 2 mpg over my old 2010 chevy van.

Company i work for has a fleet of chevy's and I have the 1st ford van they have ever bought. 2015 ford transit medium roof. Service van is 6' tall in cargo area and just awesome. No more crawling on my knees or laying down cylinders. It has the 3.5 ecoboost motor. I think this van is 800 lb lighter than the chevy. I now carry more parts on it and yet it pulls like a freight train. I am impressed. Saving 2 mpg over my old 2010 chevy van.

Yeah a lot of people got soured on the Ecoboost because they assumed that fuel economy would be much better than V8's. I get about 2mpg better than my Titan, maybe 1mpg better in towing. That being said it has way more power and you need to use a certain abount of energy to push a 5800lb truck with lots of drag no matter what powerplant is in it. I'm happy to get a little more gas mileage out of it. I get a ton more in the power department. The interior is not bad. It is a bit too much on the plastic side, but so was my Titan. My only beef is that the door panels rattle when I turn up the stereo. I've known 2 EB F150 owners that complained. and all 2 ended up buying Raptors. One was basically upset because he went in to buy a Raptor and came out with an EB F150. He would only put 87 in it and drove it like he stole it all the time. He also towed a lot. He loved how it towed and drove, but hated how quiet it was and only got 12mpg. He got his Raptor, but sold that a year later. Another guy also really wanted a Raptor and ended up with one. I drove his. Nice truck, but it reminded me of my Titan. Most people just have it baked into their heads that trucks are supposed to drive like tanks and have V8's. The EB F150 os not that at all. It is nimble and quiet. That being said, it will hand any V8 trucks ass to it with nothing but a tune. It is truly the GN of 1/2 ton trucks.