2007 West Coast National Parking

check pushrod lenght and lifters they could be too short creating clearance problems and that is the noise you are hearing.

That sux Brent. Have you tried a stethescope to see exactly where it (the noise) is coming from? The majority of my problems have been diagnosed using it as a tool with the metal endpiece removed. Speaking of "TOOLS" (brutusturbov6), (SLOcalgn) look whose back posting again in this section. :rolleyes: Eventually he'll run out of WIFI Starbucks to go to ;) On a side note, if you do indeed decide to go to the WCN, I heard CRUZN57 is providing sustanance(CANDY!) so at least you'll save money like the rest of us on food:biggrin:

Scott Wile

check pushrod lenght and lifters they could be too short creating clearance problems and that is the noise you are hearing.

Pushrods are the right length.

I put dykem on the valvestem and used a remote starter switch, and an ajustable pushrod before I bought new pushrods.

Chevota

Yes I have used it Scott. I found it the loudest inside the pvc and behind the block up in between the flex plate. It has got to be the exhaust valves possibly making contact with something either the block or following the piston down. I'll find out Mon.:frown: Motor comes out Fri.

did ya?

need to clearance the block for the ex valves?
also ckeck the cam sensor,

wish you were going!!!!!!!!!!!! wwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!:frown:

Dang!

Does it get better, or worse as it warms up? Piston slap would go away as it's warmed up. Valve hitting the cyl? I don't know. I would guess that it would bend the valve, or get quieter as it clearances itself? You could do a leak down test. Could it be anything binding in the valve train (rocker, spring, lifter)? I'd hate to see you pull the motor for something simple like a bad lifter.

Good luck...