2-step and Razor Alky

tallor

I have recently installed both items. Both work great! On the 2 step launch control I can easy reach/exceed 10 psi of boast. At this level the alky turns on and there is a slight hesitation upon launching the car. Has anyone successfully integrated the 2-step switch voltage into the violet wire of the alky kit? This should delay and or reduce the amount of alky during the 2-step boost / launch time frame.

However I am concerned that I may introduce detonation by eliminating/reducing the alcohol at this boost level.

Thank you

Technically.. the violet wire clamps pressure at its turnon setting. So if lets say the kit makes 30 PSI when it activates at 7 PSI boost, clamping the violet to ground will keep the pressure at 30 PSI.. even tho you may be at 12/13/14 PSI. Once the violet loses ground the system returns to tracking pressure normally.

Another way is to interupt the green wire to the PAC controller when on the 2 step. But I would only do this with launch boost levels opump gas can handle.

Where it iffy is someone wanting to launch at 20 PSI boost... here is where the question marks start :D

I will try grounding the violet wire and keep the boost below 15 psi. I fabricated a switch bracket and fastened it to the steering column. I am using a NOS micro switch that is activated using the brake pedal leveler. The switch is being used as a grounding switch. My plan is to incorporate the violet wire into the ground switch.

Thank you for your input. FYI my car loves the alchohol and 23psi boost!

alchy

razor, what would be the best way to tap the green wire for the alchy's off while on the two step ?
Or should i just raise the turn on point of the alchy since I'am only launching with 8 - 10 pounds of boost ?
Thank You

razor, what would be the best way to tap the green wire for the alchy's off while on the two step ?
Or should i just raise the turn on point of the alchy since I'am only launching with 8 - 10 pounds of boost ?
Thank You

I spray while on the 2-step and no issues. See how the car responds then make a change. ;)

If you want to disable the green wire,

Use a 5 terminal Bosch/Tyco automotive relay.

cut green wire

Tie terminal
86 to ground
85 to the 2 step activation +12
30 to green wire from map
87a to green wire to controller

Terminals 87a and 30 are normally shorted together. When you apply +12 to the terminal 85 it makes the relay "click" and dis-ables that connection.

Have you tried changing the turn on to 10psi and increased the Initial to make up for it?

2 step

That is what i am going to try next,raise turn on. when i try to leave on the 2-step with the alchy on the car bogs down and stumbles like it is flooded.
I am leaving with 5 to 7 lbs. alchy's light goes on at 4lbs.
thanks, Mike

I set up a Bailey 2step with a ams 500 boost control. I trigger the 2step and stage 1 boost along with a alky cut off relay for launch mode. We decided on a hand held button to trigger events. Worked out great.

If I was having this problem I would lower my intial alky setting a bit and turn up the gain to compensate...That way your alky flow at the top of the boost range stays the same but your alky flow down low is leaner.

Or I'd start taking fuel out of the chip down low.

I have had this set up for a while, I turn the turn on up to not start sparying until 10 psi , so even if you go to 15 it's basicly just started and will raise as soon as it see's max boost.

Do you have chip or xfi???

JD

Julio do you have a formula to doing this?
or is it just trail and error.

Man every car is different.

Easiest thing is get a simple pushbutton switch and hold it in your hand while testing. See what the car likes best.. and if you have an computer like an XFI you can simply dial out the fuel.