1987 pro-touring grand national, from the ground up

Sweet hopefully I'll have good luck fixing mine Tomorrow. Had problems with the crank sensor this last spring. Mite start their. Oh And go out and put some miles on that beautiful machine.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks but still a little work to do. A/c compressor went... Was brand new WTF. So another one is coming in but won't be here till Wednesday.

Since its getting taken apart a bit for that I scheduled a tint guy as well. The last bits of interior should be in by then and the trunk, hopefully, will also be done.

So the new goal is Wednesday afternoon to take it and ill work out the tuning etc after that!

Ok, not sure if this is post worthy but I have the ipad itself setup. As you may know I custom mounted an ipad to the square part of the dash, its almost a perfect fit. This has to be the single best thing you can install in your car.

This is the basic look. I've hacked it fairly heavily and the start screen turns on when the car turns on (you need to push the button to get to the home screen), and it turns off automatically as well. Thanks to friends on here I got a cool home screen.
598a056bf0b381499a38dc57a9818a3f_zps9fd957d7.jpg

2e19ea6decbb9c583186fc34de0b586d_zpsc3684e01.jpg

First off music. You have an infinite amount of music. Digital stations like pandora, your built in music app and apps like tune in radio that give you access to every radio station on earth mean you will never ever run out of music.
d2fe128d5598f8ab04d97a8aa575b0e7_zpsd830ef49.jpg

Secondly the dashboard apps that are out there, they are made for people using the ipads in their car. There are a few apps that run most of the time that include mph, direction, weather, navigation, your music etc... as an all in one solution. This is the one I'm using
883af9ad14f340cdcb4ea83e743b3fc3_zps8cddc44d.jpg

This is a cool app that runs in the background too, its called trapster. It alerts you where speed traps, cops, accidents and speed cameras are at in real time
43a5481568c77df44bf43324fc3cf21c_zps0d35b927.jpg

And of course, its a friggin computer! Anything you can do with a pc or a mac you can do with an iPad.... including Powerlogger!
3063bba2555ebbfbd7926816d0a1d1df_zps4ba49d49.jpg

fb7b109bbf2940727d3a39e22476707d_zps484ec2d3.jpg

Dozens of navigation programs, remote access to your home computers, weather, videos, internet, mobile hotspot, mobile video camera, use it as a phone, text message, tracking for your car, video games.... it goes on and on and on

I'm using a full sized iPad that requires alot of work but an ipad mini would work with almost no effort. I'm seriously considering having a dock setup made for the mini.

Do you have to run a second OS to be able to run power logger? That's one reason for me to get an iPad .... I hate carrying a bulky laptop even if it ain't so bulky (ie Netbook) oh nice background too ;)

Can't wait to see how it looks fully mounted and motorized... Waiting to see how the access to HVAC works.

Aaron

Do you have to run a second OS to be able to run power logger? That's one reason for me to get an iPad .... I hate carrying a bulky laptop even if it ain't so bulky (ie Netbook) oh nice background too ;)
Can't wait to see how it looks fully mounted and motorized... Waiting to see how the access to HVAC works.

Aaron

I'm currently running it in windows xp but am about to switch to windows 98. There are about 3 ways to hook up the powerlogger to an ipad/ios device that I know of. The most successful way so far is to physically install windows 98 and run powerlogger from there which is harder than it sounds but not impossible. The hardest part is the USB and I'm currently working on that. Have 3 ideas for that as well.

Its already mounted and setup. Basically a button makes it fold down to adjust the controls. I'll get pictures tomorrow hopefully, car should be done enough to take by then

I'm currently running it in windows xp but am about to switch to windows 98. There are about 3 ways to hook up the powerlogger to an ipad/ios device that I know of. The most successful way so far is to physically install windows 98 and run powerlogger from there which is harder than it sounds but not impossible. The hardest part is the USB and I'm currently working on that. Have 3 ideas for that as well.

Its already mounted and setup. Basically a button makes it fold down to adjust the controls. I'll get pictures tomorrow hopefully, car should be done enough to take by then

Once you have the USB figured, will you be making a few more (maybe for sale)????
Would love to use the PL with my iPad

Probably not, but if I can figure it out I'll give the info to caspers, or turbobob or Mike... someone that can make and sell them.

Soo... car is 99.999999% done. Small leak in the a/c we were chasing and gave up for the night. Couple quick pictures of the console and the ipad mount, not very good because everything was off but wanted to snap a quick picture to show off the ipad

null_zps0df4c473.jpg

null_zpse698eab1.jpg

Put in the camshaft sensor and it still did it, replaced the crank sensor and its fixed. So for future searches the crank sensor will let the car start and move and is affected by heat, go figure

I remember a thread on here a while back, maybe over a year, where the issue was the same.
The car ran fine until it warmed up. The final outcome slips my mind.

The iPad looks sick. Maybe you can do a write up in the fabrication section or somewhere on a “how to set up an IPAD” if you have time.

I’ve been following this from the begging, like most, and it feels good to see it done.

D

Thanks evil. I'd do a write up but I don't think anyone has bothered doing the ipad thing yet, maybe if there is some demand

Would love to see this car in person. Would you be up for a visitor next week. I'll be down in your area mid week?