1987 pro-touring grand national, from the ground up

Okay, thanks... I've got other stuff to do now anyway, LOL. Still would appreciate a shot when you get a chance.
Thanks in advance,
John

Thanks, its a ton of extra work on this car but i think the details are what makes a car stand out

Small update they text me, the center console coming together nicely and if you look in the background you can see the fessler door handles that have been installed in the top panels

IMG_0808_zps53682a6a.jpg

The trunk is fully assembled and functional, still has a bottom leather panel coming, no carpet will actually be seen when its all done

IMG_0807_zpsa4a37995.jpg

This build is freaking ridiculous. Great job, I can't wait to see the final product & see how it performs!!!

Awesome brother, its coming along nicely. Knowing what we all know about what we spend on our cars, i would not want to know how much it cost to do all this, lol. I would have a heart attack. Well worth it though.

Not much progress, chasing gremlins, final wiring and tuning... but I wanted to post this video of the full led setup in the rear

On another note, you can't embed video's on this forums any more?! Since when did that change?

Nahh Doug was great.

Gremlins were kind of funny. The fuel pressure gauge started at 42 then slowly went to 0... even though the car was running, couldn't figure it out.. turned the car off and started it again and it works perfect.... hmmm

Then the transmission wasn't getting a tps signal, it was stuck at .32 no matter what we did. Checked the wiring, checked the TPS, everything was fine. Turned the car off and started it, guess what, tps works perfect..... hhhhhhmmmm

Then the electric fans weren't turning on and the car kept creeping up to about 210. This time we just turned the car off and on... and now the fans work, tps works and the fuel pressure gauge works.... SERIOUSLY WTF

Have another round of chasing problems tomorrow, still have A/C issues and then need to actually start tuning and dialing in the transmission

Nahh Doug was great.

Gremlins were kind of funny. The fuel pressure gauge started at 42 then slowly went to 0... even though the car was running, couldn't figure it out.. turned the car off and started it again and it works perfect.... hmmm

Then the transmission wasn't getting a tps signal, it was stuck at .32 no matter what we did. Checked the wiring, checked the TPS, everything was fine. Turned the car off and started it, guess what, tps works perfect..... hhhhhhmmmm

Then the electric fans weren't turning on and the car kept creeping up to about 210. This time we just turned the car off and on... and now the fans work, tps works and the fuel pressure gauge works.... SERIOUSLY WTF

Have another round of chasing problems tomorrow, still have A/C issues and then need to actually start tuning and dialing in the transmission

I'm guessing the battery was disconnected during a lot of this and the computer is just starting to re-learn the car which is why turning it off and back on is resetting everything causing it to work.

I had a chance to see this car in person on Tuesday, and the quality of the build exceeds what the pictures convey. Dave's knowledge of the pro touring scene far surpasses anyone else I have talked to. And the shop he is using knows their stuff as well. After talking to Bud and his Dad, I know where my car will be going in short order. Thanks again Dave!

Okay, thanks... I've got other stuff to do now anyway, LOL. Still would appreciate a shot when you get a chance.
Thanks in advance,
John

These are the only pictures I could get John. The bottom of the latches are covered in mesh and there was no easy way to get a picture. But I also took pictures of where they mounted on the core support, there were holes there already that were reused.

IMG_0818_zps9219c783.jpg

IMG_0819_zpsaffd9557.jpg

IMG_0820_zpsfeefde4b.jpg

IMG_0821_zpsc5550000.jpg

Another update. The new door panels are on with the hybrid audio speakers, 7" midrange and their top of the line tweeter. They sound amazing, its only the second set of these speakers ever sold in America.

IMG_0836_zps9e6042e8.jpg

IMG_0835_zps72f138c3.jpg

This is the panel that is behind the iPad when its closed. Its been fiberglassed and painted a splatter trim black to look factory. It will be recessed back an inch or so from the factory panel so that the motorized ipad has room in front of it to sit flush

IMG_0834_zpscc86ae88.jpg

And the spoiler is on! Its about an inch higher than the stock one and has the notch in the rear and looks great! Don't worry about the small gap, the trunk was set shut and not closed all the way

IMG_0831_zps0ffc4efa.jpg

IMG_0830_zps201f235a.jpg

IMG_0832_zpse88984db.jpg

IMG_0833_zps0aece850.jpg

Its getting close, the rain has been slowing things down because I don't want to drive it.

Still looking great. You doing anything like getting custom emblems made for it? Something like stock, but updated.....?

From my iPhone

Still looking great. You doing anything like getting custom emblems made for it? Something like stock, but updated.....?

From my iPhone

I thought I had mentioned it here but I had a vote in another thread on different designs. This was the one I liked the most

null_zpsd5acaf5d.png

Coach and Gnxray have been helping me turn it into reality. Coach is actually making a small one for the grill, a stock sized one for the rear deck lid and an xlarge one for the grill inside the trunk.

Ah I Remember seeing that thread, didn't know it was you. That'll be very nice, just subtlety updated.

From my iPhone

hello; I was looking at your gauges and such and with everything you have done I think climate control would add even more to your build. If it was me I'd probably keep what came with the car but it's just a thought.
IBBY

hello; I was looking at your gauges and such and with everything you have done I think climate control would add even more to your build. If it was me I'd probably keep what came with the car but it's just a thought.
IBBY

Keeping what came with the car is a boat that sailed off loooooong ago lol. And I'm keeping climate control it's just behind a motorized ipad