1987 pro-touring grand national, from the ground up

No, I hate taking my cars to car shows. Last thing I need is to pay $50 for kids pawing at it and morons leaning over my fresh black paint with their belt buckles blah lol. Maybe one of these days my ego will demand it but that day is not today ;) The shop is only a block away from that show, swing by and look at it.

If you don't mind could you go into a little more detail on the ipad powerlogger setup . I would give up a kidney to get my ipad hooked up to my power logger .

PM me for my shipping info for your kidney... ;)

I'm actually developing a product to make it work, once I get it going I'll give the info to scott, bob or someone to sell. Will actually work with any product that needed a laptop, xfi, powerlogger etc.

Sweet, hurry up so I can buy one . I said I would give up a kidney but that dosnt mean its any good after all this abuse .

Work to the ipad or making the cable ? I have no problem with a bit of work , would probably start today if you let me know how you Did it .

Work to the ipad or making the cable ? I have no problem with a bit of work , would probably start today if you let me know how you Did it .

Ok... then work away..

1st, buy a raspberry pi http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=04X5042&COM=raspi-group
2nd, buy a usb wifi adapter http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/190516183645?lpid=82
3rd, buy a 5v, 2amp micro usb 12v car power charger
4th, make or re purpose something as a case (its small, really really small)

Then install ripx86, its an x86 architecture emulator for arm computers (thats what the raspberry pi is), use the SD card as the hard drive
Then "find" a lite version of windows xp with service pack 3 already pre installed
Then install the drivers you need
Then install VPN software on your new windows PC
Then install a VPN product on your ipad
Then install powerlogger on your new "computer"
Connect powerlogger usb cable to your raspberry pi and control it via the ipad

You can buy and make this happen for less than 50 dollars

Basically you are running xp on the PI and vpn'ing to it. What vpn are you using for this for full control. Teamviewer type program..

This could work xfi too I think.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Bingo, complicated work around but its working well so far and it allows everything to work (xfi, powerlogger etc) Been using logmein because I bought it forever ago but any of them work.

What I did was jailbreak the ipad and turn it into a wifi hotspot so the raspberry could hook to it. Working on a way to do it the other way around so people don't have to jailbreak

U can you use teamviewer for direct connections. Although it would have to be using bluetooth with this setup. Direct connect is disabled when you first get teamviewer you have to enable it. I use teamviewer to control my pcs at home through wifi. I can even use my phone to do it. I will try to get it to work with bluetooth direct. If it does no jailbreak needed.

PM me for my shipping info for your kidney... ;)

I'm actually developing a product to make it work, once I get it going I'll give the info to scott, bob or someone to sell. Will actually work with any product that needed a laptop, xfi, powerlogger etc.
Dave it was nice talking to you tonight and we would be more than happy to carry these!

Are you running linux and then xp via vmware or did you install direct to card

Neither. Running a dos emulator and installed win 98 but its a bit slow. There is an ebox I ordered that's a bit faster that is x86 based. I'll post the details and an iso of the sd card to download

I talked to Scott briefly about something else and mentioned this. I think it would be easier to sell it as a kit for everyone, no worries we will hammer out all the details guys

I talked to Scott briefly about something else and mentioned this. I think it would be easier to sell it as a kit for everyone, no worries we will hammer out all the details guys

That would be awesome!

this car in no insulting way makes me sick it is gorgeous its depressing i drool over your suspension body and interior its amazing please post a step by step to do the i pad set up it is the most gorgeous thing ever i know you probably posted it in the past but can you again shoot me a suspension set up description i looks like this car will drive like its on a train track even around hair pins dam buddy.
. <----- This is a period. It is your friend.

Any updates on the car?

From my iPhone

Neither. Running a dos emulator and installed win 98 but its a bit slow. There is an ebox I ordered that's a bit faster that is x86 based. I'll post the details and an iso of the sd card to download

Very cool of you to do the for the community. :)

I hate to a ask but I'm at work and wanted to know what springs and shocks are u running? Can't run though the thread right now to see it. Thanks

Did you think about doing some kinda body vent for your brakes since its a touring car. . I thought about doing it for my car just for looks

I thought about it, there are circle track vents that mount to the spindle and I could run tubing to my kenne bell air dam. But its a waste of time and effort, I have no plan of beating the brakes up enough to warrant the hassle.