18th Annual BUICKS at BATES NUT FARM CAR SHOW in So. Calif (San Diego area)

Lou, can I say it??

I'll let everyone know to take it easy on ya! ;)

What did I do to solicit such abuse...?

Lou, you need to realize that the things that amuze you, Noah, Moses, and your other current friends doesn't carry the same comedic clout nor it is it appreciated by the younger 30-250 year old crowd.

As far as marketability, the last gem show I was at, fossils weren't bringing in the money they used to...sorry bro.

shut up stupid!

I'll let everyone know to take it easy on ya! ;)

What did I do to solicit such abuse...?

Lou, you need to realize that the things that amuze you, Noah, Moses, and your other current friends doesn't carry the same comedic clout nor it is it appreciated by the younger 30-250 year old crowd.

As far as marketability, the last gem show I was at, fossils weren't bringing in the money they used to...sorry bro.
SD slider what ever made you think that my comment was directed towards you.Simply put, There is an irritant loser that lurks this board that constantly needs to be put in his place & referrers to those of us as old farts that have accomplished something with our lives & is extremely jealous of that.

SD slider what ever made you think that my comment was directed towards you.Simply put, There is an irritant loser that lurks this board that constantly needs to be put in his place & referrers to those of us as old farts that have accomplished something with our lives & is extremely jealous of that.

:rolleyes: I could retaliate but going to scoot down to you level, you are beneath me earthworm. :biggrin:

have a great weekend at the (NUT) Farm ( you fit right in). LMAO

There is an irritant loser that lurks this board that constantly needs to be put in his place & referrers to those of us as old farts that have accomplished something with our lives & is extremely jealous of that.

Once again....singling me out! ;)

your just the lucky one!

maybe cause your so handsome and personable, :eek:
or ............ maybe he LIKES YOU !! :tongue:

Don't mean to hijack this soap opera...:rolleyes:

Steve, Thanks for a great show. I bought 20 bucks worth of raffel tickets, and left with a trunk full of stuff.:cool: I've got a few pics. I'll post them in the pic thread.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Great Show and Great Cars!!

I want to Thank all who spend the time with us at Bates and all the people who showed up. Car count was down but Oh well the Raffle was one of the best yet.
A couple quick thoughts about this show for people who promised to show up and did not, you really missed out on a great group of people I also want to thank Lou and Ralph for all their support. Also want to thank the entire GS Club for their turn out as well Hope to see all next year.

Next years show will be Preregistration event.

Thanks again and see all next year.

Steve Hurst
If you have comments send them to my Email;
hurstbuick@aol.com

Sorry I missed it this time...I used up my permission slip on drag racing on Memorial Day weekend.:rolleyes:

Steve

I enjoy the Bates shows, the location, atmosphere, comraderie, and in general
just getting out with friends.
That said.. I feel the attendance was down due primarily the plaque issue, from last yr.
I'm aware for the last couple yrs someone has stepped up to assure the plaques were completed, what exactly was the entry fee for?
I've heard rumors, and complaints, but have kept silent to maintain an enjoyable show.
How long exactly will it be until the awards are available, this year?
I've won my share, so I'm not concerned, but others still have awards due, and rightly so.
And.. you post pre entry registration ? (payment) for next yr.
I for one, will not be entering, I may attend, and meet and greet my friends.
sad to see what was the best show on the west coast , turn into something like this.
and NO Steve, I will not delete this post.

I want to Thank all who spend the time with us at Bates and all the people who showed up. Car count was down but Oh well the Raffle was one of the best yet.
A couple quick thoughts about this show for people who promised to show up and did not, you really missed out on a great group of people I also want to thank Lou and Ralph for all their support. Also want to thank the entire GS Club for their turn out as well Hope to see all next year.

Next years show will be Preregistration event.

Thanks again and see all next year.

Steve Hurst
If you have comments send them to my Email;
hurstbuick@aol.com

I enjoy the Bates shows, the location, atmosphere, comraderie, and in general
just getting out with friends.
That said.. I feel the attendance was down due primarily the plaque issue, from last yr.
I'm aware for the last couple yrs someone has stepped up to assure the plaques were completed, what exactly was the entry fee for?
I've heard rumors, and complaints, but have kept silent to maintain an enjoyable show.
How long exactly will it be until the awards are available, this year?
I've won my share, so I'm not concerned, but others still have awards due, and rightly so.
And.. you post pre entry registration ? (payment) for next yr.
I for one, will not be entering, I may attend, and meet and greet my friends.
sad to see what was the best show on the west coast , turn into something like this.
and NO Steve, I will not delete this post.

Kinda have to agree. The show seemed a little slow and sloppy. My girl whose not even into cars but went to support me said it was a bit off. We were 4 hours in until I was told were I had to register. Also the catagories need to be thought out. I dont see how with all my mods I was put in stock class.

My reason for not attending was due to a couple of jerk off board members I did not want to run into. I didn't want to create a scene & ruin the event. The plaque issue was secondary & that's all I have to say.

I was not there to see it but By the way things turned out and all the compliants coming forth, I predict attendace for next year will be even lower.. :D

I was not there to see it but By the way things turned out and all the compliants coming forth, I predict attendace for next year will be even lower.. :D

I hope you are wrong. There are so few venues we can attend where we can see more than one Buick at one setting, I really hope it is still here next year. Steve was kind enough to post his email address, so why not email constructive criticism, suggestions, feedback, whatever you want to call it. Steve seems to have a genuine interest in the show, and I can only imagine the effort it takes to put something like this together. I think if assistance or solutions are offered up, Steve would have open ears.

Consider this:
1. With more volunteers, any new arrivals (cars) would be noticed and a runner takes registration info over to the owner to fill it out, put what class your car is in, etc

2. Issues with preregistration? Make is discounted to register early and maybe $10 more at the door. Registering early not only saves you money, but also somewhat guarantees attendance, or at least encourages it.

3. Don't like the way the raffle was done? Make a suggestion. Hell, I will call numbers, or we can break it up so the same person doesn't get stuck with it.

4. Some people grumbled about some guys winning "all the prizes". Maybe set a limit of buying $20 worth max, to keep it even and give more opportunity?

5. Plaques. Have a few guys responsible for collecting the info, and for ordering the plaques. /Make it a point to send a "status report" to the awardees once the order is placed, estimated time, and make plans to mail or deliver. Have a sanity check where if I was the guy ordering and you don't hear from me, CALL ME. Maybe I forgot. Stuff happens, I would get chided a bit for not having them, and I will get hot on it.

There are tons of ways we, as individuals in this SW section, could make suggestions from prior experiences of what has worked and not worked, or ideas to make the event bigger and better. I never saw the event in its prior glory, I have only seen this year and last. But there is no reason why it couldn't be back to that status.

Long story short, voice your suggestion or complaint, and not just snub our nose at it or it too will fade away. I would hate to see that happen.

Rant off>