17th Annual BUICKS at BATES NUT FARM CAR SHOW in So. Calif (San Diego area)

Don,
I did see your car and your wife but I could not find you. I know Lou was giving tours of the petting zoo and I thought you might be in one of those groups and that is why we missed each other.
Jeff
Yeah, Lou tried hard to set me up with his favorite, but I just couldn't get in the mood and let Lou take over. I had to look away. Not pretty.

You were there? Dang. Sorry I missed ya.

Thanks Steve.

Once again, the best TB show of the year (and I'm not just saying that cuz I won all the prizes:D ). I never get tired of the drive down those twisty, oak covered roads that lead to Bates. It really sets the mood for one of the funnest days of the year.

Special thanks to Don Wang for showing up with a dirty, unpolished car, with rubber stuck to the quarter panels and primered doors.:D . My guess is that he ran out of wall space to hang first place plaques and threw me a bone;) .

I also credit my win to my Lou Czarnota racing engine, and "limited edition" sheep sticker.:cool: . Not even Mean Chicken has one of these:D .

Happy spooling...
Mike Barnard

Yeah, Lou tried hard to set me up with his favorite, but I just couldn't get in the mood and let Lou take over. I had to look away. Not pretty.

You were there? Dang. Sorry I missed ya.
Ha! Cruz57 & that vixen wife of his are responsible for all those sheep toys on my car. They tried to play innocent but I have my sources that keep me informed .Then there is spoolfool that had these stickers made up with a picture of a sheep in high heels & Lou's racing engines printed underneath, He looked very pleased about it & insinuated that I owed him two lunch's for his efforts. Now I ask what sensible person wouldn't question doing business with I under such questionable circumstances.Fortunately such people tend to avoid the southwest section.

Thanks to Steve and his crew for all of the hard work and Mike (Spoolfool2) also. I think that this was the best BGNRA show ever, and I have been attending for quite some years now.

Once again, the best TB show of the year (and I'm not just saying that cuz I won all the prizes:D ). I never get tired of the drive down those twisty, oak covered roads that lead to Bates. It really sets the mood for one of the funnest days of the year.

Special thanks to Don Wang for showing up with a dirty, unpolished car, with rubber stuck to the quarter panels and primered doors.:D . My guess is that he ran out of wall space to hang first place plaques and threw me a bone;) .

I also credit my win to my Lou Czarnota racing engine, and "limited edition" sheep sticker.:cool: . Not even Mean Chicken has one of these:D .

Happy spooling...
Mike Barnard
Nah. My plan anyway was to make sure you earned it, which I think you did. The week running up to the show was asses and elbows on my part. I litterally broke in a freshened engine and got the rear suspension back to together enough to move it the day before, so I didn't have time to clean the car like I would have liked. Cleaning the burnout mud off the back of the rear fenders is a tedious job when trying to avoid scratching the paint.
Extraordinary body work and detailing on your car. Just make sure those red things and A/C hoses are taken care of next year.

...I also credit my win to my Lou Czarnota racing engine, and "limited edition" sheep sticker.:cool: . Not even Mean Chicken has one of these:D .

Happy spooling...
Mike Barnard

I want a Pappa Turbo Lou sheep sticker!!!!!!

....er....wait...what exactly are we talking about here?:confused:
I'm referring to something I can stick to my back window with pride.

Scum !

I want a Pappa Turbo Lou sheep sticker!!!!!!

....er....wait...what exactly are we talking about here?:confused:
I'm referring to something I can stick to my back window with pride.
In order to get one of these collector item stickers you have to show up to at to least say hello once in a while.It was inexcusable & the height of arrogance to snub the nut farm show. Much disappointment, No sticker for you!

...and we can't forget great rifle.

There was a raffle? :confused:

No....he said there was a rifle....evidently a rather large one since it was "great" ...
so....hold onto your tickets...the raffle might still happen on a later date.

In order to get one of these collector item stickers you have to show up to at to least say hello once in a while.It was inexcusable & the height of arrogance to snub the nut farm show. Much disappointment, No sticker for you!

Kinda sounded like the "No soup for you!" Soup Nazi from Seinfeld....we'll have to call you the Sticker Nazi.

I'm seriously bummed I missed it. But all that talk about people walking around with rifles spooked me....guns are scary....:eek:
...and the unertain suspician as to why cruzn57 was so interested if I'd be there kinda spooked me too....I had nightmares of stuft roosters getting humped by stuffed sheep all over my GN.

I promise I'll be there next time....but I'm wearing my body armor....just gotta shed about 40 lbs so I can get back into it...been awhile, donchya know.:biggrin:
....and I'm bringing an air cannon so I can rifle those stuffed animals at 150+ mph at folks who leave them on my car....:biggrin:

No....he said there was a rifle....evidently a rather large one since it was "great" ...
so....hold onto your tickets...the raffle might still happen on a later date.

Kinda sounded like the "No soup for you!" Soup Nazi from Seinfeld....we'll have to call you the Sticker Nazi.

I'm seriously bummed I missed it. But all that talk about people walking around with rifles spooked me....guns are scary....:eek:
...and the unertain suspician as to why cruzn57 was so interested if I'd be there kinda spooked me too....I had nightmares of stuft roosters getting humped by stuffed sheep all over my GN.

I promise I'll be there next time....but I'm wearing my body armor....just gotta shed about 40 lbs so I can get back into it...been awhile, donchya know.:biggrin:
....and I'm bringing an air cannon so I can rifle those stuffed animals at 150+ mph at folks who leave them on my car....:biggrin:

Ha wish i had rifle with me to get steve to move faster with the prizes

Tim...

just wanted you to enjoy the best car show of the year, alot of fun, teasing, and general buick talk.
(stuff't rooster??? hadn't thought of that)
took forever to get you to shed the YEHAA pipes, and your glad you did,
now you seem to be reluctant to join our band of buick brothers, hmmm. me thinks you don't really like us, you just tolerate us!
well gotta run, need to go find a stuff't chicken. :tongue:

just wanted you to enjoy the best car show of the year, alot of fun, teasing, and general buick talk.
(stuff't rooster??? hadn't thought of that)
took forever to get you to shed the YEHAA pipes, and your glad you did,
now you seem to be reluctant to join our band of buick brothers, hmmm. me thinks you don't really like us, you just tolerate us!
well gotta run, need to go find a stuff't chicken. :tongue:

In that case...see ya next year.

p.s. I'm always at the free pizza cruises.:biggrin:
Even got a bunch of free coat hangers at one before I took the yeeha pipes off.

tailpipes

In that case...see ya next year.

p.s. I'm always at the free pizza cruises.:biggrin:
Even got a bunch of free coat hangers at one before I took the yeeha pipes off.

you started a new trend seen a car with the same set up at the show all you need is some glasspacks:eek:

here some pics

DSC00097.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00094.jpg

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d190/Squid4life/BUICK STUFF/

More pics. (Been a while since I used photobucket so let me know if they don't work) This was my first Bates show and was great. Wish I could have got there earlier so I would have had some of those tickets that started with "99....." Also wish I would have had my bumper fillers done so I could enter the GN and get a bag of detailing supplies! Was contemplating the smooth bumper look and after seeing Spoolfools bumpers, I am in awe. Very nice indeed.

Great looking cars everywhere and I had a great time!

Have to post this pic, my son loved this car. Almost the same color as his wheelchair. (he won't let me powdercoat it black...:frown: )

Attachments

• DSC04481.jpg
    DSC04481.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 156
Anyone heard from Steve?

Anyone get their awards yet?

Maybe if I yell his name.....S T E V E ........:tongue: