15' Diamondback Rattle Snake

Audie1

Hooah!
Caught in Florida. Largest on record. Wished they would have took a pic of its rattlers.

securedownload.jpg

securedownload1.jpg

securedownload2.jpg

At first.. I was like WTF.. cause that cruiser is painted exactly like the county sheriffs cars for the Co. I live in.. then I actually read it's St. Johns Co... LOL.

Thank GOD that thing wasn't caught local to me:eek::eek:

Have to go make sure my 70lb dog is still there.....

holy smoke

no kidding anything that thing wants to eat is game. i live in texas and been around a few of them not by choice. worst thing you can hear is that tail rattling and your not sure where it's at. talk about treading lightly.

Holy chit! That's insane! I too would have liked to see the rattler myself. If that's the largest one caught then I can only imagine they grow close to 18 feet.

King Cobras have been recorded up to 19 feet long so that one is truly a freak of nature.

Make quite a few cowboy boots or belts....;)

My brother Alex (blackshoebox) lives in that community in St. Augustine where they caught this thing near the entrance. It was actually around 8-10ft according to what he said, but still could've been a record if the trapper didn't kill it.

Yup...it was caught right at the front gate to the community I live in. It was actually sitting under a line of bushes near a entrance to the side walk the kids often use to line up for the school bus. :eek:

Lots of discrepancies on the size of it depending on who you talk to. For the size, the snake must have been pretty old, and was in very good shape for being in the wild, so some think it was someones pet and fed very well. My community does back up against lots of woods, so who knows..