15' Diamondback Rattle Snake

this guy said he'd kill it for a six pack and make you some boots and a matching belt

Attachments

• man-vs-bear.jpg
    man-vs-bear.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 832
Rattle trap

I have seen them bigger then that on some of the back road here in Ga, Bet it ate all the stray cats in the area.. Meow!!!

how can you knowingly live some place where those things are

god i thought i hated snow, give me another 3 feet and keep those suckers away!

snakes are part of it but what about gators

learned last year that a fav fishing place that's a river and feeds a lake close by is infested with gators. didn't believe it until i saw it with my own eyes, we walk down the river and there were several places where there were holes roughly 6 ft in diameter going into the river. as we got to the mouth of the river there sat 6 -8 gators roughly 10-15 ft in length. this is in texas and not border to lousiana, we're 200 miles from there. asked around a few people who may know something and the explanation i heard was that nutria ( big rat that looks like a beaver and lives in rivers ) were introduced or got loose and are causing havoc at our fav fishing place. we've seen the nutria before and mistaken them for beavers until we saw it didn't have a tail. thinking back we we're to bright to be walking in almost waist high grass to get to where we could see them. i had my 45 but not sure i could be acurate running while firing back towards them. had a few guys on boats who fish there say the gators seem to be aggressive as they come at your boat if your coming into their area. must be a territorial thing, another thing was below the hwy 820 bridge going over lake worth bordering the carswell AFB there are signs posted that says don't feed the gators. one of the boaters we ran into says he has a 16 ft bass boat and one came along side and was about the size of his boat. he got outta there quick as he has his buddy and son with him. don't know how you guys deal with gators but if i was around them all the time i'd be killing me some gators.

wow thats one amazing snake. sure would make some good eating and some nice boots. anyways ****ers shouldn't have killed it. put it in a zoo or back in the wild.

I have a pic some ware around here of me holding a 10 footer when I lived in Fla. Im 5,8 and Im holding it above my head standing in the back of my truck and its tail was almost on the ground. when we tanned its hide it was over 2ft wide in the widest section. It had 13 rattlers and a button.

I have a pic some ware around here of me holding a 10 footer when I lived in Fla. Im 5,8 and Im holding it above my head standing in the back of my truck and its tail was almost on the ground. when we tanned its hide it was over 2ft wide in the widest section. It had 13 rattlers and a button.
post is worthless without pics!!!:D

Ill find it and post it but you guys would never belive its me I only waighed 110 lbs back in those days Im twice that now.

how can you knowingly live some place where those things are

god i thought i hated snow, give me another 3 feet and keep those suckers away!

I'll take the snakes over the snow. If you make enough noise like most people will when walking snakes won't stay around to get stepped on. The whole point of the rattlers is to let big mammals (humans included) know that they are around so we won't step on them. It's very rare to hear of a case where a snake went on the offensive to bite somebody. Most people that get bit ask for it plain and simple!

That snake was a little over 7ft long and is not the record for the Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake. I wish I could have caught that one. It would have been at my house or the Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens. It was an impressive snake for sure. 8ft 3 inches is the Official record for the rattlesnake species and that was an Eastern Diamondback also. The Eastern and Western Diamondback, Mexican Green, Canebrake and Cascabel rattlesnakes have been recorded 6ft or larger. I have personally handled Easterns and Canebrakes over 6ft, but I have not seen a legitimate 9ft or larger rattlesnake. There maybe some but until we catch or kill one it's just he said she said. Most people exaggerate the size of snakes anyway. I have kept many different species of rattlesnakes and various other venomous snakes. My largest Diamondback was 5ft 2 inches and I had a Canebrake that measured 6ft 4 inches. That Canebrake was a big boy, I got him south in Georgia. The Diamondback was from Jacksonville. Anyway, 15ft or not that snake was a beauty and should have been caught and not killed.