11.60's with a stock turbo

eddc87

I love 60 ft.
Julio, It happened just liked we talked. 1.59 60 ft., 7.38 @ 92.59 1/8 th, and 11.641 @ 114.56 in the 1/4. The back up netted a 1.53 60 ft., 7.30 @ 92.29 1/8 th., and 11.69 @ 107.25 after a fuel pump wire gave up at the 1000 ft. mark. That run would probably been some kind of "50". Those were the only two runs I was able to make in 4 hours at the track because of the number of cars and the many oil downs. I want to extend a tremendous thanks to you for such a great system and to Eric Marshall for all of his time and effort in desiging such a "cutting edge" chip for my car. It also never hurts to lock the converter. Hope to make it to the track one more time before the snow arrives. Will call tomorrow.

I was just going to ask what kind of times people were running with a stock setup. exactly what mods do you have? inj, exhaust, dp, ect.??? This is facinating to me. Oh and more info about the chip would be great.

Thanks ,
Nick

The injectors are 009 that have been trimed to 30#.
The chip has a default setting of 28 deg. in first and second and 25 deg. in third. You can adjust up or down from there.
The exhaust consists of a 3" Houston down pipe and a 2 1/2" Hooker cat back with S.S. Ultra Flows. (very quiet)

Holy Crap!!! Excellent times!!!

I would think this is the fastest stock turbo, motor, heads and IC set up out there, is it?

Is your goal to get this setup faster, or to push the stock turbo as far as it will go with say an IC upgrade, then other mods like 70mm, heads etc?

Is the chip adjustable?

"The chip has a default setting of 28 deg. in first and second and 25 deg. in third. You can adjust up or down from there."

Does Eric sell chips with a thumbwheel switch so that you can vary the timing?

Ed, your my Hero :)

Just leave everything alone, get to the track after they prep it.. drill another 1.53-1.55 60 foot and 11.5's may be yours.

Unreal... guess the cold weather is driving the ET's down.

I would have to say that is the fastest stock turbo car I know off.

GN owner, the chip adjustements are made using the AC switch and ATS sensor. You have to put it into program mode and make the adjustments. Then write them down.. incase you unplug the computer. Very easy.

Originally posted by Razor
GN owner, the chip adjustements are made using the AC switch and ATS sensor. You have to put it into program mode and make the adjustments. Then write them down.. incase you unplug the computer. Very easy.

You guys stink!

I cant believe its that easy to make changes in the ECU! I was tickled watching you pump the gas pedal up and down and seeing the numbers change on your scanner.

There is an easy solution..

Buy a Buick ;)

teee heeee :D

Launch boost? Boost in gears? Ambient temperature? Humidity? Barometer? Foot brake/e-brake/trans brake?

I presume that the air was very cold. The cold air plus alcohol kept the cylinder temperatures within reason, in spite of the crappy stock turbo and intercooler.

Originally posted by Razor
There is an easy solution..

Buy a Buick ;)

teee heeee :D

I would....but......

It costs too much to get 500 whp out of one :D

BADA-BING.....BADA BOOM!

What peak boost level were you at?

Those are very good numbers comming from a stock turbo.

Im still going to push my stock longblock in a couple of weeks in this thing w/ ta 49 Julio. It pulls like a raped ape in this cool weather. Ill give you a heads up when im going.

Bo

strikeeagle
The temp. was a constant 66 deg. and the humidity was 39%. That to me is good but not great. Great would be 50 deg. and 25% humidity but that would be a dream that could happen but probably won't.
I launch the car off of a trans-brake at 15#. I use 26x10 Hoosier slicks set at 17#. I also have recently installed the HRparts anti sway bar that works great. MY car now leaves with no twist and p
ulls both front tires. It also helped the consistancy of the 60 ft.
The boost levels are 24-25 in first and second and then drops of to 23 in third. I don't know why this happens. I have never had boost creap with any of the three stock turbos I have run on this car. If anybody can explain this phenom I would appreciate it. This is with the stock waste gate hole.

i dont know if this counts but---i ran the gallina's tta this weekend. stock turbo, stock intercooler, and stock motor, 55 lbs. injectors and a motec. ran 11.40's @116 all weekend. car weight's 3405 with me in it. on slick's

I have an Eric Marshall chip. Can I adjust my timing too? I suspect this is a special chip feature?

Originally posted by LV GN
i dont know if this counts but---i ran the gallina's tta this weekend. stock turbo, stock intercooler, and stock motor, 55 lbs. injectors and a motec. ran 11.40's @116 all weekend. car weight's 3405 with me in it. on slick's

Ed's doing this on 93 octane and a car thats 200 lbs heavier with a stock GM ecm through a full exhuast system.

Originally posted by tracer
I have an Eric Marshall chip. Can I adjust my timing too? I suspect this is a special chip feature?

On Erics new chips.. yes. As of June this year his chips are adjustable.

Originally posted by eddc87
The boost levels are 24-25 in first and second and then drops of to 23 in third. I don't know why this happens. I have never had boost creap with any of the three stock turbos I have run on this car. If anybody can explain this phenom I would appreciate it. This is with the stock waste gate hole.

I have had the same problem on my Dodge with the smaller turbos (i.e. TO4E 50 trim). It was due to the fact that the compressor was simply out of air.

No such problems with the Precision SC6152S!

CONGRAT'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ED you the man!!! keep up the good work, hope to see you and the whole K.C. crew at the nats. next year , motel V6, here we come!!!!!

Was the stock turbo ported??What A/R??

Congrats man,that is really hauling ass for a basically stock car.:cool: