11.60's with a stock turbo

Congradulations Fast Eddie Brewer! I cant believe how fast you have made that car go with the stock turbo,intercooler, and such a simple combo.
I know that your car would have gone 11.56 with that 7.30 1/8th mile but the fuel pump did go out and didnt hurt the car.
I still cant believe it went 11.69 running out of gasoline!

Thanks to Bob Spicer with his keen hearing at the track, we were able to get it back running in the pits in just a few minutes :D

Now order those RJC bleeder valves and get some 1.4 sixty foots!

BW

Originally posted by jdsgnx
CONGRAT'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ED you the man!!! keep up the good work, hope to see you and the whole K.C. crew at the nats. next year , motel V6, here we come!!!!!

Hope to see your whole crew at the motel six again this year-
We will bring the ribs:D

Originally posted by broke1
Was the stock turbo ported??What A/R??

Congrats man,that is really hauling ass for a basically stock car.:cool:
What I did to the turbo was port match the intake side to the inlet bell, the exhaust side to the intercooler neck and basically smooth the casting slag as far as I could reach. The A/R is the stock .63. I had talked to John Craig 4 to 5 years ago about doing work to the inside of the stock turbo and his response was if I had nothing else to do go ahead and do what I talked about above but don't expect many results. He said that you could only get so much air thru that turbo and that air would probably be super heated.

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
Hope to see your whole crew at the motel six again this year-
We will bring the ribs:D

Man I kid you not, this weekend at Reynolds we mentioned BG and the first thing out of Roy's mouth was "RIBS"

I'm going to be there next year just for the ribs ;)

:D

FAST EDDIE

Congrats on your excellent times at the track. I still can't figure out how you go so fast. The forcast for this Sunday is a high of 52 degrees, and hopefully low humidity. The thing should run great. Hopefully I get my new EGT probe by Sunday so I can race with no exhaust leaks. See you at the track Sunday going even faster.

Deron L.

MMMMMM
RRRRRIIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBSSSSSSS!!!

Last year we took 4 coolers, 10 slabs of ribs, 2 full size weber grills, and an appitite!
My father is, and always will be named "THE RIB MASTER" because his cooking is far beyond your wildest tastebuds can imagine:eek:
His cooking is soo good, everyone who eats up at my house every weekend asks if we are going to open up a restuarant. :cool: no wonder my car is so slow, i eat way too much!

Julio- you are not the first to say " Im going just for the ribs" they are superb to say the least. Of course you know this already, but i thought i would let everyone else know how good they are:D

Good to hear from you buddy-

We all know how skinny Eric Marshall is, that boy sure can eat some ribs, last count i saw was 3 plates full:D
LOL
My prediction for the next time Ed hits the track he will get a 1.4 sixty foot this sunday weather permitting!!!

11.5s on a stock turbo, absolutely nuts-
everyone knows this is a stock longblock with the heads never off, and 134,000 miles full weight show car right?

You had to go and mention them RRRRRIIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBSSSSSSS!!!

Now I'll be all messed up for the next 6 months

Better bring 14 slabs next year :eek:

The reason why I go is because of the RIBS. It is just a bonus that there are a ton of Buicks there.

Deron L.

If i bring 14 slabs, then you need to fit a weber grill in the back of that TTA:p

Things can be arranged for more meat:D

D- you think Ed will get into the 11.50s next time to the track?
BW

Question for Ed

What are you running for your wastegate? i am running a stock wastegate but have a rjc boost controller and can only get like 22.5 to 23 psi of boost. i have it set by the instructions but have turned it almost all the way down. i would like 24 but my stock turbo isn't wanting to get there. AWESOME times by the way. i would be happy with high 11's:D mid 11's by a stock turbo is unheard of...alky is a wonderful thing and a lot cheaper than race fuel...............................................thanks Bob

FYI....... Stock turbo is going back on!:eek:

I will continue to try and blast an 11.4x with the 49 and then Im going to chase this time w. stock turbo.:p All on alky.

Oh, this is fun:D

Bo

Re: Question for Ed

Originally posted by Super6
What are you running for your wastegate? i am running a stock wastegate but have a rjc boost controller and can only get like 22.5 to 23 psi of boost. i have it set by the instructions but have turned it almost all the way down. i would like 24 but my stock turbo isn't wanting to get there. AWESOME times by the way. i would be happy with high 11's:D mid 11's by a stock turbo is unheard of...alky is a wonderful thing and a lot cheaper than race fuel...............................................thanks Bob
Bob, I have a HD stock type wastegate. I ordered the RJC and should have it tomorrow. I talked to Jason in lenght about the controller and he told me with the distance of 1/8" between the rod end and the puck shaft I should have a range of 16 to 26 lbs. of boost. If I needed more just tighten the rod to increase from there. He also told me if this didn't work properly there are other issues. Possiblly a header leak, missalignment of the puck, or various turbo problems. Give Jason a call, i'm sure he can help you.
I am excited to see that there is interest in running these stock turbos. I think with people experimenting with this combo and exchanging information we can all run faster than previously thought possible.

Re: Re: Question for Ed

Originally posted by eddc87

I am excited to see that there is interest in running these stock turbos. I think with people experimenting with this combo and exchanging information we can all run faster than previously thought possible.

Ed,

You nailed it! See this is what makes us faster and faster. The tuning/modding secrets are out there, but not everyone can think of these or get the info. I dont think our cars are freaks. I think the alky has a good bit to do with us going fast too. I was slower on race gas and was at a stand still scratching my head. Now My car pulls harder than ever (tuning/modding).Never dreamed that I would swap a 49 for a stock turbo... but then again I like to experiment and share with others. Before too long, I will have a stock car!:eek:

Again, nice time and I will chase after it.;)

Bo

rjc boost controller

Ed, you will like the rjc boost controller. the boost will come up instantly with it.....i am going to tighten the wastegate rod some and see if i can get the boost up. i have it like the instructions say 1/8" short...maybe the puck is getting blew off at that boost level......thanks Ed..................................................Bob

Re: Re: Question for Ed

Originally posted by eddc87

I am excited to see that there is interest in running these stock turbos. I think with people experimenting with this combo and exchanging information we can all run faster than previously thought possible. [/B]

WOW! Nice job Ed, congrats...
I'm still chasing that elusive 11 second mark with the stock turbo and long block, it's so close, but so far away. I feel like I've already squeezed every last tenth out of this car but I won't
give up as long as everything holds together.

You make us stock turbo guys both proud and jealous at the
same time with those numbers. Keep up the good work.:)

Mike

Ed went either a 11.43 or 11.45 @ 116+ tonight with a 1.50 short time....pump/alky! If anyone doubts that a 130k+ mile stock motor can't run deep into the 11's, then you need to get with "Fast Eddie Brewer" for some school'n! Congrats Ed!!