100 octane???

SloNoMo

Guys,

I know there is a place in Los Angeles where you can get 100 octane at the pump, but I don't remember!!!! Help me out with some places I can get this gas.......

Thanks,
Mack:cool:

Used to be able to buy trick racing 100 octane at the pump somewhere off of Imperial highway, but there site shows that they are not in LA county anymore, try orange County or San Diego County
tia
Gary Wells
"TOLTK"

The only place I can find it is at the local airport.I just take two 5 gal cans, a credit card and fill them with 100 low lead.

REG

Los Angeles, Fullerton (which has the cheapest 100) and West Covina (4.99 for 100) are the ones I know for sure cause I called them.
After this weekend, if anyone needs some 110 Unocal, I bought a 55 gal drum a week ago. I will be more than happy to share, for a fee of course.

Hey Taffy!!!

Hey Taffy!

How much you asking for a few gallons of the liquid gold?? Let me know, so I can bring a couple of 5 gallons cans over!!

Later,
Mack
Originally posted by Taffy
Los Angeles, Fullerton (which has the cheapest 100) and West Covina (4.99 for 100) are the ones I know for sure cause I called them.
After this weekend, if anyone needs some 110 Unocal, I bought a 55 gal drum a week ago. I will be more than happy to share, for a fee of course.

Hey Mack!

Where you been you big playa? :p

I used to go to Osbornes in Redondo Beach to get 100 @ the pump. They are right off of PCH and Palos Verdes Dr

Also, right at the end of the 110 north in Pasadena, there's a 76 station that we used to buy 100 @ the pump too.

Besides, VP C16 is the only way to fly ;)

Big Dave

Big Dave...!!!!!!

Whats goin on .......How's Turbonetics!!!!! Just getting the car ready for some real street duty.....Found some 100 octane at the pump in West L.A.....Pico Blvd & Barrington..$4.99 a gallon also a place near the job on 83rd & Lincoln Blvd right around the corner from me!!!!..When is the car going to be ready ......I talked to Neal yesterday and we are all leaning towards going to California Speedway on March 8th......Can you make it??? HOW MUCH FOR A BIG BALL BEARING TURBO!!!!!

Later,
Mack

P. S. VP c116 is the only way to flyyyyyyyyyyyy

Originally posted by Turbonetics
Hey Mack!

Where you been you big playa? :p

I used to go to Osbornes in Redondo Beach to get 100 @ the pump. They are right off of PCH and Palos Verdes Dr

Also, right at the end of the 110 north in Pasadena, there's a 76 station that we used to buy 100 @ the pump too.

Besides, VP C16 is the only way to fly ;)
:D

Mack,

You still work near LAX? My homie hasn't seen you around in awhile.

I just put in a new trans, and it actually shifts finally! :p Now I'm waiting for the motor to be done. I wouldn't mind trying the new trans out though.

I can swing thru on the 8th, it would be fun :)

I'll get you Brutal 6 gold club discount on the BB turbo ;)

Yah!!!!

Had to let them go!!

I had to let them go for a while,,,,being a personal trainer shouldn't be that hard!!! Other gyms can use my expertise!!!! Just devoting my time to UNCLE SAM right now..Come on out on the 8th of March, all of us (Brutal 6) will in attendance!!!! Should be just like Pomona.....!!!!

Later,
Mack

P.S. How much of discount on that TURBO!!

P.P.S Who did your tranny?
Mack,

You still work near LAX? My homie hasn't seen you around in awhile.

I just put in a new trans, and it actually shifts finally! :p Now I'm waiting for the motor to be done. I wouldn't mind trying the new trans out though.

I can swing thru on the 8th, it would be fun :)

I'll get you Brutal 6 gold club discount on the BB turbo ;)
:D

Uncle Sam!?! Be careful out there Mack :)

What kind of Turbo are you looking for?

My Buddy at work did the trans, he's done alot of 200's and trannies in general.

We took apart DRW's wondertrans and we were shocked to find alot of stock parts in there. Needless to say, I think this one should take the abuse.

You da man!!!

Dave,

We need to talk.......You know DRW did my tranny about 2 years ago......Still running good but the 2-3 shift is a little suspect!! I want to put some new hard parts from PTS in the new tranny and a higher stall about 3200-3500 rpm's. How long did he take to finish the tranny........turn around time.....With or without tranny in the car

Later,
Mack

P.S. Man I'm glad you got that tranny thing straight

Uncle Sam!?! Be careful out there Mack :)

What kind of Turbo are you looking for?

My Buddy at work did the trans, he's done alot of 200's and trannies in general.

We took apart DRW's wondertrans and we were shocked to find alot of stock parts in there. Needless to say, I think this one should take the abuse.

Mack,

Besides ordering the parts, it took him about 2 days working nights to finish it.

If it wasn't for work in the day he would have been done alot sooner.

I took my car to his house and we just swapped trannies there.

You won't believe the price either. You'd think DRW would be using gold plated parts by the prices he charges. :p

PS: My 2-3 shift was also on it's way out, but when we pulled it apart, it appeared that Don used TOO tight of a clearance and it ended up smoking a pair of steels and two clutches. It ripped off the friction surface right down to the steel. What a mess. :rolleyes:

Glad you're happy

Dave, we won't talk about price over the net, but I will shoot you an e-mail or we will talk on March 8th at Calif. Speedway about these interesting facts!!! If its an out right swap then I'm cool with that

Later,
Mack
QUOTE]Originally posted by Turbonetics
Mack,

Besides ordering the parts, it took him about 2 days working nights to finish it.

If it wasn't for work in the day he would have been done alot sooner.

I took my car to his house and we just swapped trannies there.

You won't believe the price either. You'd think DRW would be using gold plated parts by the prices he charges. :p

PS: My 2-3 shift was also on it's way out, but when we pulled it apart, it appeared that Don used TOO tight of a clearance and it ended up smoking a pair of steels and two clutches. It ripped off the friction surface right down to the steel. What a mess. :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE] :cool:

Geez a lot of you guys seem to be doing things the hard way. :) Forget about the 100 octane stuff. Do like I did, get yourself a Max Effort chip and run the good gas all the time. I can buy F&L 111 octane from a local speed shop in San Pedro all day long for $4.25 a gallon. Why mess with 100 octane stuff? :)

By the way, David my trans is stock with the exception of a PTS shift kit and 9/11 converter. I may be looking to get a trans done in the next few months. Does your trans guy take on outside work or was it a deal that he worked for you because you are a buddy? Feel free to email me the details if you could. Thanks!

TRBON8R,

Where in San Pedro can you get this??? I got 10 gallons of 100 for $4.00 a gallon just for some street duty!!! Do they have VP116?? I will need some for the track next month!!! Why don't you come on out, will be a lot of us running on the 8th of March....Let me know about the gas

Later,
Mack

Originally posted by TRBON8R
Geez a lot of you guys seem to be doing things the hard way. :) Forget about the 100 octane stuff. Do like I did, get yourself a Max Effort chip and run the good gas all the time. I can buy F&L 111 octane from a local speed shop in San Pedro all day long for $4.25 a gallon. Why mess with 100 octane stuff? :)

By the way, David my trans is stock with the exception of a PTS shift kit and 9/11 converter. I may be looking to get a trans done in the next few months. Does your trans guy take on outside work or was it a deal that he worked for you because you are a buddy? Feel free to email me the details if you could. Thanks!

Mack,

Here is the info:

S&J Racing
1505 S. Pacific Ave.
San Pedro
(310) 241-0571

As for your question, they don't carry VP but do carry F&L 118 octane. I don't know the price of the 118 since I've only bought the 111 octane from them. We'll see about a trip to the track on the 8th. I may head out there. Talk to you later.

Ben,

Thanks for the info

Later,
Mack

Mack,

Here is the info:

S&J Racing
1505 S. Pacific Ave.
San Pedro
(310) 241-0571

As for your question, they don't carry VP but do carry F&L 118 octane. I don't know the price of the 118 since I've only bought the 111 octane from them. We'll see about a trip to the track on the 8th. I may head out there. Talk to you later.

Re: Hey Taffy!!!

Originally posted by SloNoMo
Hey Taffy!

How much you asking for a few gallons of the liquid gold?? Let me know, so I can bring a couple of 5 gallons cans over!!

Later,
Mack
Cost me $4.52 per gallon. An even $4.50 would do the job. I have about 40 gals left after the trip to Glamis. I will be at California Speedway, but the GN will not be there. Not back together yet.
Let me know, I have plenty of the 110.

F & L 118

TRBON8R,

Found a spot in Gardena that sells F & L 118 for $7.50 a gallon never heard of this type of racing fuel.....I bought 10 gallons for March 8th how good is this stuff!!!! Also, they said they didn't carry VP C116 because of some problem with diffrent octane ratings and they raised there prices.......Let me know about this stuff

Later,
Mack

Mack,

Here is the info:

S&J Racing
1505 S. Pacific Ave.
San Pedro
(310) 241-0571