10 sec. 86 WH1 Stolen in Newark, NJ

It was probably targeted by the parking attendant (I hate to say). But there was a theft ring running up there with parking lot attendants being the scouts for cars of interest a few years ago.

Brett, and we didnt get to see the real beast come out with 11.20 on a roll out....Imagine dropping the hammer from start to finish! DAMN IM MMMMMAD MY RIDE is GONE!

I hear ya. she looked nice to.

I would look to see what insurance the restaurant had. if there was a parking attendant then it can reasonably stated that the owners had an interest in their customers vehicles and therefore you should expect some level of protection.

no one just happened to be out looking for a car to steal and found urs. no fuken way. one of the parking attendants or attendant tipped someone off. thats a fact. u should see if there has been other cars stolen from that lot. ill bet urs isnt the first.

any decent auto theft detective would be looking at everyones past who works there and running their criminal history check to see if any have been arrested for stealing cars. the police should atleast be interviewing the employees and putting some pressure on them.

no one just rolled up and stole ur ride. no way. and if it was a nice place then its highly unlikely it was one of the patrons who tipped someone off when seeing it in the lot. it was one of the douchbag workers wrkn for minimum wage

When they catch the guy who stole your beautiful car they should cut his balls and fingers off !!!!!!!!!

When they catch the guy who stole your beautiful car they should cut his balls and fingers off !!!!!!!!!

for stealing a super clean/fast WH1, they should be forced to cut off their own balls with their own fingers, then have someone cut off their fingers!

Good luck finding both vehicles, I swear, some days I'm glad my car doesn't run right now.

A friend of mine's brother just had his 2002 911 Turbo stolen while he was taking a piss at a rest stop near Cleveland. They must have been following him or something....he left the window down, they must have popped it out of gear and loaded it up on a trailer, because he had the keys with him. I coudn't imagine the look on his face :eek:

Another tip, ask the detective to PING their phone. We had a severe problem (former cop in Vegas) with people not keeping up with vehicle payments, so they would drive to the desert and burn their cars for insurance money. Well we would simply ping their phones which in turn finds their exact coordinates since all phones have gps even if de-activated for 911 calling purposes. We sent a fire captain who torched an envoy to prison after being a firefighter for 15 years and making 200k a year. Ask them about it. I agree with Brett its probably an inside job. If they nail the coordinates of the phone and tie it to surveillance footage, make things a lot easier! Any more tips ill try to think of for ya.

Beautiful looking car btw very sad circumstances!:frown:

Was it in Essex County or Newark? I know they are some of the best detectives for auto theft. I had a few clinics with a few of them out west. I may have a business card too ill do some hunting.

Check all avenues for surveillance.

Im carrying a board members wh1 as we speak from missouri to virginia, but my normal route is michigan to newark to the port and sometimes to CT and home to mich again i say that to say im on and out of a lot of back alley pk lots and warehouses in nj every week and trust ill keep my eyes peeled for it!!!

And as far as your registration and insurance i didnt think of that but it still seems unlikely that a thief that stole your t type is gonna sift thru your papers to find that stuff and then come to your house right after... Unless(A) they didnt take the car far or(B) the attendent was watching you to see when you came out and realized ur car gone so he could make a call and tell the thieves exactly how long they had to get away with ur car and to make it to your house to see what else they could get ... Hmmmmm......

Sorry to hear. They tried to get mine a month ago, threw a brick through a window to get into the house to try to find the keys. Sadly though, this kind of stuff is only getting worse:mad:

Thanks again fellow TR owners....I feel the same way. I think the attendent has alot to do with my car being stolen. I'll be going to the city clerks office on Monday to fill out papers to get the cameras check on the corners across from the resturant. And yes thats Essex county, and the city of newark. I'm also gonna have my insurance company request the video from the FBI office which sits directly behind the resturants parking lot approx. 4 to 5 stories high. I know that camera should have a very good video of the whole entire episode...

I just read this post after a long, tiring trip.....and it made me so damn mad. I'm so sorry that your pride and joy got taken...that's the lowest of the low for those pieces of s**t to do that. You know, they used to HANG people for stealing rides a long time ago..horses. That penalty I'd GLADLY support today. I bet if thieves were HANGED for car theft, it may be cut down some.

Jeez, what a horrible thing to read...I feel for you buddy. My Dad's '87 GN was stolen in May 2001 by some trash....luckily he got it back one month later...the sad look on Dad's face that day was something I'll never forget when it was stolen...I've had a hatred for those type of people ever since. The trunk lock was punched out, the passenger door lock punched out, radio taken out, steering wheel cap taken out, all emblems taken off, column tore all up, the idiots tinted all windows and took the GN wheels off and replaced them with T wheels, plus they wrecked the right rear quarter panel when they lost control of it. Plus, the center carpet behind the console had some crack in a cut slit in the carpet with needles and spoons....and a ton of "gansta" cds all over the back seat...ie. Notorious G, Biggie Smalls, Tupac Shackar, etc. The rear speakers were also torn out. But I got the last laugh...I went back to where it was found and.....:rolleyes: well, that was illegal of me, but I'll never tell. Some trash did get hurt. The right ones. Not proud of it, but I'd had enough...especially when they hurt my DAD.:mad:

Such a beautiful car, and I just can't believe it...I KNOW you're feeling bad, I'd be having a heart attack just from anger alone. I'm so sorry this happened to you....your car showed such hard work you've done on it...hours and days and months...those lousy trash pieces of s**t. I wonder if it's legal in Virginia to shoot a coward trying to steal a car. Just I wonder. You have my sincere sympathy, man, I just don't know what else to say.

Bruce '87 Grand National

post up on yellowbullet as well. very good site for performance cars. They might know somebody that just aquired a turbo or new wheels or something.

Your Buick and Suburban got taken on the same night while you whir having dinner????

Did you have a spare set of keys of ether car in ether car???
Did you have a regi in ether car???
How far away whir you from home???

Parking attendant could be??
But
Id still start closer to home

Law enforcement- How often do you guys get stuff like this, One owner two cars two deferent locations in one night??

My money is on a friend or a friend of a friend

Law enforcement- How often do you guys get stuff like this, One owner two cars two deferent locations in one night??
if they find another set of keys in the car they are lifting they will definitely drive to the location listed on the registration to see what else they can steal. thats pretty common which is why my address on my reg is the PD's address....:)

unless a friend new exactly where u were going to eat and at what time its unlikely its anyone other then an employee at the restaurant.

got my car stereo system stolen a long time ago after my car was towed to a repair garage after being rear ended. an employee there tipped one of his douchebag friends off and they stole it at night

First of all, what possessed you to take your car to Newark? Luckily you weren't carjacked. There is atleast one carjacking/homicide per day. I hear it all the time on SPEN.

The car lot attendant has something to do with your car being stolen. The car lot attendant knew what you had and called his buddies and got paid.

Your car will either be used for a crime or the motor/trans will be transplanted into another car for street racing. The rear will be sold. Or it will disappear down south.

Go down to E-Town on a Wednesday and you might find your parts there. Venture into the east parking lot where they hold the motorcycle license testing.

There is a group on the east coast stealing cars. The north cars/parts go south while the south cars/parts go north. This group could alot of attention when they decided to steal a ProMod car/trailer set up. I don't know who you can unload that to.

Person friend of mine:
http://www.westernbuicks.org/Magazine/Article Stolen and Recovered.pdf

Good luck, if you need anything let me know.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Brett, I think it was the attendent also. I had taken the car to work earlier that day. Yes i work in Newark but, my job and parking lot are one of the most secure places in the country. My hours of leaving always vary, and are very unpredictable from start to finish time. So its definately not one of my friends. Plus i went to the resturant after i got off from work never going home. And that was a spur of the moment stop. They had very little time on a slow night. Which leads me to believe it is an inside job. Gated parking lot with one entrance and attendent i thought i was safe. I frequent that resturant many, many times.....day and night. In my other vehicles of course. Even brought my S-Class there w/ Davin wheels there...never a problem. Guess i got to comfortable.....I Blinked :frown: But its not over yet...lets see what the video tape reveals. Hopefully their faces and vehicle they used to follow my car out the lot, because a pro would always wanna block anyone from getting behind a stolen car.