Pleasantly suprised at track!

SITHV6

Move against the Jedi 1st
Had only been to the local 1/8th mile track with the new Hoosier drag radials on the car and from what consistant 8.5's were telling me, was that the car is now a solid 13.20's in the 1/4. Weather channel said PBIRs zip code was gonna be 45 degrees at night...and prolly wont be that cold again til Nov. So I kidnapped a friend and took along 4 gallons of Sunoco 110 and headed up to the track with high hopes to break my previous best of 13.442 and 1.9's 60ft. Arrived at the track late at 9:30pm (dont ask why, it involved a female friend :p) and rushed to get the car prepped up. To any and all GS/GTP owners that remove headlights for racing....DONT RUSH and forget where you put your headlight clips! Lost Another one!! :oops:lol! Track officials announce lanes will be closing in 15 minutes!! No time to let the car cool down off the highway! Put on the helmet and stage. Lots of fast cars out tonight...Skylines, new 5.0's, SS Camaros, a 10 sec Jeep cherrokee, and New CTS-V....etc etc. So my head is already trying to find its Happy Place and accept any butt whooping they pair me with. They pair me up with some newish Altima/maxima thing....oh joy. Do a conservative burn out and stage as shallow as possible... cut a decent light (0.019 RT) and to my suprise look up on the boards and see my 1.88 60ft!!:D So I'm dancing in my seat not even caring that the nissan is so far behind, because I was trying o figure out if I had broke my previous best and by how much? Looked like a .2ths improvemen already right? Get my timeslip and refuse o look at it til i park again in the staging lanes before they close down. Friend runs up to the car and congrats me over a stellar run. He tells me the car ran a 13.0!!! I look at the slip and sure enough ... 13.079!!! at a head scratching 101.92mph???? The car's ET was a shock with the lighter Hoosiers but No improvemen in MPH? until i get a scan gauge i wont know if the car is seeing knock and slowing down.... or I'm at the limits of my stock cat back exhaust. Well, time for an electric cutout! :D FWIW... the 255/50/16 Toyo TQ drag radials were 28lbs each... the Hoosier 225/50/16 are only 18lbs each. To go from 13.442 at 61 degrees to 13.07 at 56 degrees with JUST a tire change seemed like a good enuff reason to post this! just though i'd share! :) If only I had gotten there earlier, I probably could have squeaked out a 12!!!!!!!:mad:

nice , 12's arent far away.... that trap is super low vs. the et.

2 tenths in the 60 will give you around 3 tenths 1/4, still shaking my head at the trap speed maybe you didnt run it hard till past the traps where they measure trap speed ???

nice , 12's arent far away.... that trap is super low vs. the et.

2 tenths in the 60 will give you around 3 tenths 1/4, still shaking my head at the trap speed maybe you didnt run it hard till past the traps where they measure trap speed ???

The moment i pass the finish line I'm hard on the brakes. Are you saying next time let the car pass a few feet AFTER the white line THEN hit the brakes? From the milisecond i feel the tires biting my foot is squashed to the floor...even removed all the floor mats like we do in the TR's just to make sure the pedal is completely Floored ;). Then again my new tranny may already be slipping at the top end. When its cold it gets really bad slide bang and smells funny. Tripleedgeperformance says its my inner clutch piston worn. Something funky might be happening at the top end too. fastest trap speed in this car has been 102.9. Shes a strange one :p