New thread to pick date for Midwest Meet.

Well I drove by Busse woods 5 days a week for 13 months while I was going to school and I still say spot 31 or even number 4 would be nicest to be by the water, plus for anyone not familiar with the area it would be easiest for them because there's an expressway exit for Higgins and you'll be right where you need to be when you take that exit. The other side of the woods is Golf Road so it'll probably have more traffic for Woodfield etc. I just noticed spot number 2 on the map of Busse though, seems like it's actually tucked back into the trees, that would be an interesting spot haha.

Regarless of the spot we pick, you're still a stone's-throw from Woodfield mall, there's going to be other people and other cars in our way. Going to "scope out" the spots in the middle of winter isn't going to give much insight about where it'll be least crowded.

SPTLSS The best way to get people to chime in is to make a running list of everyone that will be there. I'm in for that date! -------Jeremy

Another 'Yes' for July 28th....

Its as good as any of the July dates for me.

What are the facilities like? Electric? Grills? How many tables?

Typing during half time...go BEARS!!!!

I say July 28th and Grove #31. Downside of Grove #4 is no alcohol is allowed according to the Cook County Forest Preserve website. I don't drink nor suggest drinking and driving but I'm sure people will want a beer or whatever.

As far as the facilities I've been in various groves for parties etc but never really paid attention to # of tables, grills, etc.

I agree it will be packed which should make it a trip for others to witness a huge gathering of TR's. Plus the ladies or whomever can hit Woodfield or Streets of Woodfield.

Are we down for the 28th and grove #31???? I'll then get the permit.

Go BEARS!

I have never attended one of these but this one really interests me. Let me know where to paypal my contribution. Brad

Logging on from Omaha (at least it's warmer than Chicago).

I will apply for Grove #31 on 7/28/07 unless anyone objects. I'll apply tomorrow or Weds when I return from my business trip.

Everyone ok w/ this???

Logging on from Omaha (at least it's warmer than Chicago).

I will apply for Grove #31 on 7/28/07 unless anyone objects. I'll apply tomorrow or Weds when I return from my business trip.

Everyone ok w/ this???

Sounds good, let us know where to send the money.

Sounds good...

I'm ready to ante up. Thanks for getting things rolling Phil.

Groves available

Here are our options are for July 28th at Busse Woods:

Option #1:
Grove is #27
Can accomodate 300 people. 100 cars. Has a shelter and allows alcohol.

Option#2:
Grove is #4
Can accomodate 200 people. 123 cars. Has a shelter and does not allow alcohol.

ALL other groves are taken on July 28th.

Downside to Grove #27 is it's off Arlington heights Road so it's a five minute drive maximum when getting off 290/53. Downside to Grove #4 is no alcohol although I don't know how strict they enforce the rule.

Let me know...and I'll book one unless we want to look elsewhere but we'll probably run into the same problem at other preserves.

I say we go for the #27. It's best to try not to break the rules, that way we can keep coming back. If they don't allow beer, probably shouldnt bring it! Just my 2 pennies! -------Jeremy

OK either one is cool with me,

However lets decide if alcohol is a necessary evil, personally I dont drink, so I vote a dry meet, but I will go along with the majority. Please chime in.

I vote dry but it does not matter to me. Just pick the location and date and were do I send my contribution. Brad

I'm In where ever you guys decied! Just let me know about the $$ and Ill paypal. See ya in July:cool: