Get Em Ready... June 15 Get together Busse Woods

I want to say thanks to everyone that showed up to make this a successful gathering. I know the day started out kind of crappy but at the end of the day I was told that all the Turbo Buicks that showed up during the whole day and the ones that were on the trailers too added up to 42. We were expecting any where between 30-60 cars and with the bad weather we had 42 which is awesome. We also had 14 guys that didn't bring their Turbo Buicks came to hang out as well which was pretty cool. Next time hopefully the weather cooperates and we will a lot more GNs.

I want especially thank Paul D. for bring the Grill and his bad ass Stage II Buick. I also want to thank Ricky for hauling his full blown stage II ( Chucky) to the meet. It was a sight to see. Also special thanks goes to Jim and Ray for getting all the food.... we needed that help badly, which freed up Benny and I to get everyone together by making all the phone calls and texts and so forth.

This is what a true Buick brother hood is all about. We had many very capable people that were at the meet that could help any Buick brothers with all of their question.
We will be doing this more often.....as the Turbo Buick community is very strong in the Chicago area!!!!

Thanks
Prasad

should go to buna beef in itasca next time, there is a huge lot next to it. just can't do any burnouts as last year some one did and the office building called the police and then people couldn't use the parking lot for the saturday night cruse. this year they let crusiers use the lot on saturday. then you don't have to worry about permits or forest preserve police.

Bummed now that I didn't make it. The early rain kept my car in the garage. Ended-up doing the Dixie Highway Cruise in my daily driver with some friends.

Thanks for organizing this, maybe a second gathering this fall?

Before I left the get together, Benny was already talking about having a late summer/early fall one.
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Before I left the get together, Benny was already talking about having a late summer/early fall one.

Yes, we are planning for another for another one maybe two... We are looking for a friendlier environment so that we don't get harassed by officer friendly for stupid $hit.

By the way Dave, you are a cool cat, Thanks for coming down and hanging with us..... You had a way about yourself... cool, calm and collected. Thanks for taking a lot of pics; I hope you share them with us.

Prasad

What possible difference could it make if your hoods were open? I still can't wrap my mind around that one.

What possible difference could it make if your hoods were open? I still can't wrap my mind around that one.

These jack asses man, they're like then it would be a car show and you don't have permit for that....it's almost like saying you can take $hit but you need a permit to wipe your a$$!
Benny called the Cook county for the permit and told them what exactly we were doing.... they told us that the permit we got is all we need and once we got there, these wanna be real cops started to act like D!cks. They must have been Bullied when they were little!
Prasad

These jack asses man, they're like then it would be a car show and you don't have permit for that....it's almost like saying you can take $hit but you need a permit to wipe your a$$!
Benny called the Cook county for the permit and told them what exactly we were doing.... they told us that the permit we got is all we need and once we got there, these wanna be real cops started to act like D!cks. They must have been Bullied when they were little!
Prasad
Maybe they just wanted a piece of the little sheep?

........ By the way Dave, ..... Thanks for taking a lot of pics; I hope you share them with us.

Prasad

Unfortunately, when I got home I found out I wasn't in a picture taking mood that day. I had only taken 7 pictures and I only posted the five because one was a double and the other was similar to one of the other pics.

David

Thanks Everyone for the nice comments. I received positive calls and emails from people who attended saying they had a good time and are ready for the next one. We are already working on another one. Just working out the bugs including the location so we don't get bothered again. If anyone has any questions comments please feel free to call or email me. Also It seems that we are limited to how many pictures we can post on here. Ill try to post them slowly but surely. If anyone wants a copy of the pictures, send me your email address and I'll get them to you.
Regards
Benny
Silverbulletgn@yahoo.com
773 251-8198

Link to Pictures. http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/006GN/library/GN TType Get Together June 15
I hope I did this right. First time using Photobucket.
As I looked at the Pictures, Special Thanks as well to those who came from a distance. I saw Wisconsin Plates that was Dave, Indiana plates that was Jesse, I know Austin drove almost 3 hours and Someone I believe his name is Rick came from Champaign. Thanks for your efforts in making the event. More to come.The First 5 pictures are the after event. A few of us went to a car show where 25,000 people would be in attendance. Yes 25,000 not a misprint. Then we cruised to hooters, ate, and watched the BlackHawks game. Finally we cruised to the streets of woodfeild were we met up with another of our GN owners Denny and after a while we al went home. What a Day.

Benny/Prasad/Others - Thanks for organizing the event. I hope to stick around longer next time. Regards- Jay

like saying you can take $hit but you need a permit to wipe your a$$!
That is the greatest analogy I have heard in a long time :D. WTF could they possibly give you a ticket for though? Subject was at a park with his hood open without a permit. The judge would probably laugh, then get pissed at the cop for being an idiot and wasting their time.

Those morons said that if they catch us standing behind out cars which they called it the actual street, you will get your drivers license taken away and a $120.00 fine. WTF.... We are so done with Cook county forest preserves!

Prasad

Link to Pictures. http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/006GN/library/GN TType Get Together June 15
I hope I did this right. First time using Photobucket.
As I looked at the Pictures, Special Thanks as well to those who came from a distance. I saw Wisconsin Plates that was Dave, Indiana plates that was Jesse, I know Austin drove almost 3 hours and Someone I believe his name is Rick came from Champaign. Thanks for your efforts in making the event. More to come.The First 5 pictures are the after event. A few of us went to a car show where 25,000 people would be in attendance. Yes 25,000 not a misprint. Then we cruised to hooters, ate, and watched the BlackHawks game. Finally we cruised to the streets of woodfeild were we met up with another of our GN owners Denny and after a while we al went home. What a Day.
Nice collection of photos you put together. Thanks for sharing. Maybe I'll make it next time.