Midwest Meet is booked for Grove #4 on July 28th!!!

123 parking spots!!!

There are 123 parking spots. I took the Limited and drove thru the preserve on the other side which is open. Was crowded considering it was about to pour...so I boogied home so my baby wouldn't get wet.

As of now we are around 30 or 35 paid plus Prasad said he has four or so more guys ready to ante up. I've got others who lurk on this board who plan to come but are firming up work schedules and travel since they are out of state.

I was thinking about somehow posting on the Chicagoland Buick forum but I'm not a member...

well im waiting for a total of people coming with me.
right now my old man and i are going to go.

looks like its basicly $10 a head?

As of now it's right around 30 butI know of others that plan to come either from out of state or they are non TR owners (brother n law's blown factory five cobra kit car...:eek: )

Two more confirmed..

Thanks so much for taking the lead this year! I'll be there and so will my dad (both with '87 GN's). Just paypal'ed the $20. See you all there.

I'm still hoping to come, just waiting for the right time to ask at work if I can possibly not work that entire Saturday.

Do we have an estimate when things will really kick off? I'm assuming we wouldn't start the meet at the crack of dawn, that way I can at least offer to work half a day. I don't want to ask for the day off if nobody's showing up until later in the day anyway.

Start time

I believe we have access to the grove starting at 9:00am & ending at dusk.

I assume people will show mid morning. I've never been to a Buick meet so those that have please chime in.

I took the Limited out for a Sunday drive and went to our meet location. Lotsa parking, covered shelter and even bathrooms (not in the bushes)...:biggrin:

I haven't contacted the Loren Buick guys.

I've been to their car shows yrs back. My dad went this yr and said was an ok turnout. Typically very few TR's.

Feel free to pass the word on.

the old guys get pissed when the tr's show up :D :biggrin:

and last year the tr's were up front and they were more pissed

I really meant did you contact the Chicagoland Buick club? Aren't they the ones who put on the Midwest Buick Challenge at Morrocco each year? I know they moved it this year to northern Indiana (Osceola).

I have not posted on the Chicagoland Buick site since I am not a mmber but I had thought someone else here did awhile back.

If anyone reading this is a member please post about our July 28th meet on their board.

Thanks.

Like fatride and mybuick said, it's a sticky on our board. You don't have to be a club member to register on chicagolandbuick.org - but you do have to register to post.
Loyd and I would be there this year but we have something out of state to go to.
We've been told that GS's would be welcome - is that ok? And maybe we can contribute some soda or something to the cause.

Wish we could be there....:frown: