You see the new Maxim. Good and bad on the GN.

ncmalko1

#1 Eagles fan
GOOD = Maxim mag listed the Buick GN one of the 5 best investment cars of the future.

BAD = The write up said, "If you know that Hysteria was a better Def Leopard album then Pyromania while you comb your Mullet, you'll also know the GN is the Maserati of the trailor park."

Proud to be trailer park GN owner. Its nice to smoke a high dollar vette in my 20 year old bucket of bolts....

Nothing but Turbo Buick white trailer park trash here. I can live with that.

When you think about it, the TR's skipped that chapter. They were costly when new, never really depreciated into Monte SS or IROC territory and then shot back up in value, LOL.

Can't say I'd argue with it, as I sit in my double wide and type this message instead of mowing my knee-high lawn.

(I'm not joking)

When you think about it, the TR's skipped that chapter. They were costly when new, never really depreciated into Monte SS or IROC territory and then shot back up in value, LOL.

Exactly, my stripper with only three options was north of 17K when new. Add to that the dealer mark up of the GNX and it was not a car the average IROC owner could afford new. I love how they put the value of a GNX at $30,000 its not like they were that much when new, oh wait, I guess they were! :eek:

If I had a GNX I would be offended by that write up. Since I have a GN I guess I need to go raise my "stars n bars" and put on my mustard stained wife beater.

White trash, UNITE! :)

They didn't say they were cheap. They said they were the maserati of the trailer park. Something to aspire to if you live in that kind of situation.
People with money, like say for example in the area of La Jolla California, honestly would laugh their asses off if you suggested that a boxy GM car from the 80s that handles poorly, has poor fit and finish, etc, was something to aspire to. They are in fact looking at Maseratis. BMW 3 series is their version of an F body, M cars are like the SS version.

They do, in fact, say the "going price" on a GNX is $30,000 in Maxim. Find me a GNX for $30,000 thats collector quality, heck, find me one for $30,000 thats at least rust free with less than 100,000 miles on the clock and still sporting its stock turbo.

Well maxim caters to the metrosexual male no suprise they said what they said, but I'll say this "as we all know a red blooded TR owner is not afraid to get dirt under his fingernails every now and then" :)

I'm suprised we even got a mention out of that mag

Just show's you what they really know.... Might call our cars TP cars, but they will outrun all of those Hundred Thousands of Dollar toys the gated community guys drive:biggrin: J/K

Maserati of the trailer park....hhmmm.....I didn't know people that lived in trailer parks could afford a GN....they obviously can't afford a decent home. :rolleyes:

Maserati's are actully still a trailer park car.

A co worker bought a Maserati the other day for $400 that some Mexicans were using as dog house. I looked in the window and said "there is a poop in the back seat".

They should have said "Ferrari or Lamborghini of the trailer park"

UNGN, Maserratis go for over $100,000 dollars these days.

87Regal Do you know what an "analogy" is.

Funny posts. I was sought out by a friend (who drives a cadillac Allante')across two states, so that he could bring the magazine to my attention. I'll hang on to the GN and the magazine for awhile. No trailer parks for me, but I do use broke-down cars for tool storage in my yard....

It's a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based.

Had to look that one up, huh? :biggrin: Whoever wrote that article clearly doesn't understand cars, or they would not have made the analogy. My GN when I bought it two years ago, was a ratted out pos I had shipped in from OK for $6500. $12k later and it's just starting to clean up. Oh, well. Anyone can write an article. Some can even get one published. Very few can own a turbo buick. ;)

UNGN, Maserratis go for over $100,000 dollars these days.

Maserati what?

My coworker bought a 1985 Biturbo for $400. Because it was a couple months ago that doesn't count for "these days" anymore? Maybe it would sell for $425, today.

Saying Maseratis go for over $100,000 these days is like saying Camaros go for over $500,000 these days because a ZL-1 sold for for that at Barrett Jackson.

That doesn't mean that an '86 Iroc is worth $500K or even $500.