Opinion: TTA or Sy

It's still like that in Dyker Heights believe it or not, but as they say in Brooklyn, never shit where you eat... so most of the cruising and racing happens elsewhere. Not to mention Fountain Avenue is long gone in terms of drag racing, and showing off everyone's rides. 86th Street was a great time back in the day...

- Rob

View attachment 339774
Yea fountain ave is all stores now. I remember when you didn’t bring your ride to Fountain without the Baseball bat in the passenger seat. As far as racing we would take the ride to Deer park Ave on Long Island. More cars more girls out there. And the local girls loved guys from Brooklyn for some reason.

I'm a little late to the voting party I see.

TTA would have got my vote, especially if it was a 50k mile Festival car with mods for that price.
I have a friend currently going through Syclone problems after buying back his original he bought new in "91.

My advice with the Syclone?
Advil by the barrel load from Costco and a case of Jack Daniels.

Keep us posted and let's see some pics.

-Patrick-

P.S.

During the 80’s, We had entire genre of music and sub-culture here in NY that the rest of the country knew mostly nothing about.

Even today some of you listen to music and dress in styles that we may not no anything about either. Walmart? Not here! And hopefully never.

Agreed and I know exactly what you’re talking about!!

The music and club culture here (New Orleans) sort of centered around New York, as we had two or three clubs whose owners came from NY. And they brought the music and culture with them.

So, New Orleans was very much the same way, “under ground music”! Matter of fact, you had better be tight with all the DJ’s (if you wanted some club music for your house / car), as you’d have to get them to make a tape for you. Otherwise, you might never get a copy of it, cause you sure as heck couldn’t run down to the music store and pick it up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed and I know exactly what you’re talking about!!

The music and club culture here (New Orleans) sort of centered around New York, as we had two or three clubs whose owners came from NY. And they brought the music and culture with them.

So, New Orleans was very much the same way, “under ground music”! Matter of fact, you had better be tight with all the DJ’s (if you wanted some club music for your house / car), as you’d have to get them to make a tape for you. Otherwise, you might never get a copy of it, cause you sure as heck couldn’t run down to the music store and pick it up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In Brooklyn we had Freestyle music back in 87 everyone was pumping TKA, Judy Torres, George Lamond,etc it didn’t matter what your age or skin color was. If you grew up in nyc in that era then you still love it to this day. At least that’s how I feel.

I'm a little late to the voting party I see.

TTA would have got my vote, especially if it was a 50k mile Festival car with mods for that price.
I have a friend currently going through Syclone problems after buying back his original he bought new in "91.

My advice with the Syclone?
Advil by the barrel load from Costco and a case of Jack Daniels.

Keep us posted and let's see some pics.

-Patrick-

P.S.
I agree.
I loved my the Syclone. But it had a boatload of problems.
My TTA was a rattle box but it was fairly trouble free.

In Brooklyn we had Freestyle music back in 87 everyone was pumping TKA, Judy Torres, George Lamond,etc it didn’t matter what your age or skin color was. If you grew up in nyc in that era then you still love it to this day. At least that’s how I feel.

Heh, we prolly, unknowingly, ran into each other back then, especially if you were a club guy. I was just a kid, but hanging around my cousins and friends who were six to seven years older than me, it was quite the experience, and I met and knew just about everyone in the industry. Still friends with most of those Freestyle singers on Facebook, Timmy T, Noel and the original TKA members are the nicest people in person. Brenda K Starr got the short end of the stick in my opinion, she was way more talented than Mariah Carey and Jennifer Lopez, but it is what it is. Mariah Carey sang backup for Brenda at one point, and she definitely did what she had to do to get a-head... pun intended, which is why she pulled in front of Brenda, in my opinion.

But yeah, Nationality and Race were never an issue, only when the fights broke out and human nature set in, that's when you heard the racist comments, but then you'd have a beer and laugh about it. Freestyle was an incredible era. Problem is most Latin Freestyle artists try to lay claim to the genre, but it was started and developed by Sal Abbatiello and Arthur Baker (Tina B's husband). Don't let anybody tell you differently. Arthur Baker put himself in this early video which was supposed to be in the movie The Goonies, but was pulled during the editing. Was supposed to be the scene just before they get on the One Eyed Willy's ship, an octopus attacks them (eight arms). He, in my opinion, also started the Break Dancing craze, as well as kept it alive, with his music skills. Was a special time back then...

- Rob