You Can Only Race In A Straight Line So Many Times...

motorhead

motorhead mike
...before you change it up a little, or a lot (available in 1080p HD):
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StFzHfz_JBg[/YOUTUBE]

Mods are in the signature below.

58.937? My question is what was the fastest run? The old GT-1 vette we used to run would've made you look slow.:biggrin:

Not bad for an old fart Buick after all.:smile:

that was pretty kool. I think Scot W does some of that. it sure makes for an interesting way to watch a TR go fast. not sure I could ever warm up to making a GN into an autocross car. I wonder how they compare to other cars in lap times overall?

good job.

Thanks.

58.937? My question is what was the fastest run? The old GT-1 vette we used to run would've made you look slow.:biggrin:

That is like comparing apples to cannonballs. I know I was 10 seconds off the FTD set by cars fully prepped for auto-x. Keep in mind I have a good deal of drag-race only parts in this car (big laggy turbo, TH400 w/'brake, drag radials etc) that don't lend themselves well to being competitive. However, I don't think there was another low-12 (maybe 11???) second car racing there either. :tongue: Natasha and I are just out to have fun.

r you allowed to drift?

No... not like in the movies or Formula D. However, a few cars generated enough steering and slip angle to get a short drift on. In reality drifting just slows you down.

that was pretty kool. I think Scot W does some of that. it sure makes for an interesting way to watch a TR go fast. not sure I could ever warm up to making a GN into an autocross car. I wonder how they compare to other cars in lap times overall?

Yes, as I understand it Scot does this too. I purpose built this car from a former drag car 10 years ago to be a mind-bender. I sat back with Natasha yesterday and watched the crowds form around the car; because it defies conventional thinking. FWIW, I was slower than Mini Coopers & Lotuses but faster than S2000s; it is 90% driver out there.

Nice to see you spending more time here Mike ;)

I have to get a rise out of somebody somewhere, right? ;)

Just got the video to work. Looks like fun. I could see that leading to a lot more $$$$$ being dumped into a car. You did pretty good. I would like to try it but my suspension is set to murder cones so they would have to reset the whole course after one of my runs. :D

Just got the video to work. Looks like fun. I could see that leading to a lot more $$$$$ being dumped into a car. You did pretty good. I would like to try it but my suspension is set to murder cones so they would have to reset the whole course after one of my runs. :D

Thanks, but I don't think I want to stick more money into this thing, short of cleaning it up some more.

I hit cones all the time :D, mostly because the G-body is huge compared to the other vehicles run at these events. Regardless, I'll be out again this weekend hammering on this bitch...