XFI Log Feedback on 10.87 pass

turbogn_231

I'm new to this XFI so I was wondering if any of the professionals can take a peek at this log and give their opinions. Any general input/feedback appreciated. I had 3 degrees knock at 2 different times during the run. Also it looks to me like the rpms are a little erratic. Does it look normal to you? I am extremely happy to make it into the 10sec club. I think I can get a little more out of the car especially with a better 60'. I was having trouble hooking up and could only launch at about 3psi.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• GLD_7.27.13_Run 9_27psi Boost_16psi tires 2400 Launch.pdf
    348 KB · Views: 204
  • GLD 7.27.13_Time Slip.jpg
    GLD 7.27.13_Time Slip.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 178
Congrats on the 10 second slip. If you post the actual log we can get a closer look at it. From what i can see its obvious she went a little lean on the hit, up top i cant tell without seeing the a/f

Congrats on the 10 second slip. If you post the actual log we can get a closer look at it. From what i can see its obvious she went a little lean on the hit, up top i cant tell without seeing the a/f

Thanks. Added log to original post.

That knock up top can be a few things. Bump on the track, car settling and downpipe hitting, etc...although, the iat's did seem high to me, but im not sure how e85 acts at that temperature. What plugs are you running?

I guess the air temp was getting a little high. It was only a 60 degree day too.
Plugs: CR43TS

I would start with a colder plug, something like an autolite ar133 at a 28 thou gap. It's colder than what your running now and it has a recessed tip with a shorter cut back ground strap. You could very well be pre-igniting with that type of plug at those temps with the cylinder pressures your seeing at the top of third.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I don;t like this log at all. The ve numbers are way to high to be normal, so either your injector numbers input to the ecu are wrong or the fuel pressure is wrong, or the injector opening time is worng. Next look at the injector duty cycle it is erratic along with the rpm trace not being smooth, this means to me that that your not making the power it should due to silent detonation, unstable fuel pressure, bad spark, or bad valve springs, it could any of the above. You will also notice the boost trace is also not steady but up and down in 3rd gear, this also supports my above theories. It may have appeared to run good, but it could have way more potential, if you sort the bugs out. If your getting knock on the fast its usually not a good sign as its extremely filtered, compared to a JS box.

I don;t like this log at all. The ve numbers are way to high to be normal, so either your injector numbers input to the ecu are wrong or the fuel pressure is wrong, or the injector opening time is worng. Next look at the injector duty cycle it is erratic along with the rpm trace not being smooth, this means to me that that your not making the power it should due to silent detonation, unstable fuel pressure, bad spark, or bad valve springs, it could any of the above. You will also notice the boost trace is also not steady but up and down in 3rd gear, this also supports my above theories. It may have appeared to run good, but it could have way more potential, if you sort the bugs out. If your getting knock on the fast its usually not a good sign as its extremely filtered, compared to a JS box.

Thanks for the super constructive criticism. I don't care if its harsh, I want the truth. Nobody else will seem to help. How do I figure out what the issue is? I already plan to have the valvetrain redone over the winter, but is this the problem?? Unfortunately, I don't know where any of these numbers are suppose to be or what they are suppose to look like. So I guess the question is, what do I do now?

Thanks for the super constructive criticism. I don't care if its harsh, I want the truth. Nobody else will seem to help. How do I figure out what the issue is? I already plan to have the valvetrain redone over the winter, but is this the problem?? Unfortunately, I don't know where any of these numbers are suppose to be or what they are suppose to look like. So I guess the question is, what do I do now?

PM Norbs...... And go from there!!!!

Clint

I don;t like this log at all. The ve numbers are way to high to be normal, so either your injector numbers input to the ecu are wrong or the fuel pressure is wrong, or the injector opening time is worng.

this could also be that your energy constant (in fuel parameters) is set at 1.00 which is for gasoline , on e85 it should be set at 0.68

Cal did the set up.
Injector size is set at 120. Don't know anything about offset.

Cal did the set up.
Injector size is set at 120. Don't know anything about offset.

I bet with your fuel issues running high that your offset is a little off

Clint