WTT almost new te60 turbo ????

sinister87GN

08 trailblazer ss
I want to ID +trade this turbo for some thing smaller / more off the line power but not STOCK this turbo has less then 100 miles on its just slow off line but after hits 2nd car is out of control 70 to 120 is madness on highway ...ideas help info please also car has lot of mods 50lbs injectors ported heads & intake 3 " dp keney bell tb tt chip 340 fuel pump streach ic but stock d5 tq converter send pics next post thank you

pics

Attachments

• gn parts 010.jpg
    gn parts 010.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 483
  • gn parts 012.jpg
    gn parts 012.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 486
What kind of DP are you running? The next step down is a 44/49 which uses the same exhaust side. It won't spool much different. Maybe try to get a Garrett exhaust housing for the 60. I have one, but the wastegate hole has been opened up too big for a TH style DP.

or look out for a 49 with the garrett exhaust housing,
stock d5 converter loves that turbo.

or go 5857dbb if youve got the $$$.

hummm dont know much about the sizing of turbos i do have a th or atr 3" dp i also have a mild atr cam non roller it just car feels like a load off the line then it hits 2nd bang out of control so i loose mad 0 to 60 when this happens but i just want a killer street car dont care about the track because i live in mass we have no track around here this state sucks god dam snow also i think i will go with a 3200 stall some guys on here says that is key i dont know need help:confused:

That wastegate hole in that housing looks too large, also make sure you have a gn converter in your car, does it have D5 stamped all around it?

I want to ID +trade this turbo for some thing smaller / more off the line power but not STOCK this turbo has less then 100 miles on its just slow off line but after hits 2nd car is out of control 70 to 120 is madness on highway ...ideas help info please also car has lot of mods 50lbs injectors ported heads & intake 3 " dp keney bell tb tt chip 340 fuel pump streach ic but stock d5 tq converter send pics next post thank you

see my post in your other thread

My TE-60 didnt have a bolt on intake ... It was 1 peice ? I ordered mine new from precision. Ive noticed all the smaller tubos and stock are 2 peice

I'm not aware of either a TE44 or TE60 having the stock-type, bolt-on inlet bell?? This part looks more like a TA49?? If so, no real reason for slow spool--even with stock D5 convertor...UNLESS,,,

A possibility is the exhaust-side turbo housing being a larger (.8x) size vs. the more desirable .6x size...

Not sure

I can't ID the turbo, but like others have said it is not a TE60. I have used a TE60 on a slightly modified car with no spool up problems at all. I would look for other problems if you are having troubles spooling that turbo.

dam you guys are good this 1 is NOT A TE60 it said 60 air so i messed up but on the neck scribe is GT 3255A so what kind of power does this make i took this of my car maybe i have the te60 on my gn now what do you think now???

Here is the pic of the intake side sorry for the f up

Attachments

• gt turbo 010.jpg
    gt turbo 010.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 396
  • gt turbo 009.jpg
    gt turbo 009.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 396
Definitely a TA series turbo. Compressor housing looks to small in the picture to be a 60.The stamping on the housing refers to the a/r ratio of the housing and it is a .60.....Try to get a measurement of the diameter of the compressor wheel using a dial caliper. it will more than likely be either 56 mm, 58 mm, or 60 mm. this will help narrow it down, you may have to take off the inlet bell to get close enough to the wheel to measure it. Let us know.

Definitely a TA series turbo. Compressor housing looks to small in the picture to be a 60.The stamping on the housing refers to the a/r ratio of the housing and it is a .60

yes i messed up it is a gt 3255a if you look at neck you can see scribe i did not see that before and lost track of parts i had