WTT almost new te60 turbo ????

I think i need to put a new converter in so i know 4 sure what i have ill go 3000 to 3500 build off that thank you

I think i need to put a new converter in so i know 4 sure what i have ill go 3000 to 3500 build off that thank you

Something is wrong with your setup if you need a 3000 - 3500 to make a gt3255a spool up fast. I was running the 3255e and a stock convertor, and it was lightning fast.

Did you varify that the puck covers the small hole in the exhaust housing? Thats what makes it spool up fast.

Have you tried to check your stall speed of your current blue convertor?

Just trying to help.

BW

Something is wrong with your setup if you need a 3000 - 3500 to make a gt3255a spool up fast. I was running the 3255e and a stock convertor, and it was lightning fast.

Did you varify that the puck covers the small hole in the exhaust housing? Thats what makes it spool up fast.

Just trying to help.

BW

;)

D5 also doesn't necessarily mean it's a turbo V6 converter. I've seen plenty of D5's put in by local trans shops that were for the Monte Carlo SS. They make the car very slow to build boost. They will reach 2-3# of boost and just sit there, once you launch they will very slowly build boost.

A converter that goes anywhere near 2400-2800 at 0# of boost will work with that turbo when everything is right.

Just trying to help.

BW

Now you got the right idea and if the puck is covering the hole then try this and it should solve all your problems.

BoostC

Yes i checked wastegate hole the puck looks like it just covers hole but its not centered its like 16 of an " on one side and 1/2 " on other my boost holds good 19 psi but this is why i want to start fresh big turbo big converter build around that so i know what i have and you guys are correct maybe some one messed with converter before i got the gn also the gt3255a turbo it was never run when i got it but maybe the guy i got it from modded it some how I think from now on i should only buy new from turbo buick venders so this is what i must do ....i want a 3000to3500 stall and a big fat turbo to go with that size stall and i will build around that combo maybe a 6076 turbo with a 3200 stall i dont know but i must do it like that its the only way:D

No one mentioned that Exhaust leaks at headers or turbo to header or cracked headers or crossover cause Slow Spool? Are you 100% sure you have No leaks? That is the First thing I would check. No matter what turbo, what converter you use any leak will Kill the Spool!

I did have my ds header repaired new gaskets all around my crossover is 2 piece atr bothers me a little small bit of carbon were two sections meet but dont feel or here leak when car is running no gasket on turbo to dp but dont see a problem there :smile:

D5 also doesn't necessarily mean it's a turbo V6 converter. I've seen plenty of D5's put in by local trans shops that were for the Monte Carlo SS. They make the car very slow to build boost. They will reach 2-3# of boost and just sit there, once you launch they will very slowly build boost.

A converter that goes anywhere near 2400-2800 at 0# of boost will work with that turbo when everything is right.

With your setup, i would just jump to at least a 6152 turbo, it works great with stock non ported heads.

You might check your stall speed now, if its up past 2600 at 0psi, there might be some missing blades on the exhaust wheel of your current turbo keeping it from spooling up.

HTH
BW

With your setup, i would just jump to at least a 6152 turbo, it works great with stock non ported heads.

You might check your stall speed now, if its up past 2600 at 0psi, there might be some missing blades on the exhaust wheel of your current turbo keeping it from spooling up.

HTH
BW

A guy i know put this trans together/stall for the guy i got car from talked to him to day he says stall is lower then stock he wanted the cheepest converter he could run to save trans for the sale so we found the problem so i need a converter who do i buy from best vendor ptc ???? 10''?? etc