WTT almost new te60 turbo ????

yes i messed up it is a gt 3255a if you look at neck you can see scribe i did not see that before and lost track of parts i had

Ok so it about the equivalent to a TA49. A stock D5 convertor will work fine with this. 50 lbers are a little big for this turbo, however they will work if the chip and tune is right. They leave room to grow into a larger turbo ;)

3200 is still too much stall...2800 would be good 3k at the max...
funny that still doesn't look like a gt series to me..I was venturing to guess a TA 51 turbo...

I would keep that turbo and upgrade to a set of 3:73s

all he wants is more off the line grunt.... no sense changing other things that work just fine.

A.j.

Ok so it about the equivalent to a TA49. A stock D5 convertor will work fine with this. 50 lbers are a little big for this turbo, however they will work if the chip and tune is right. They leave room to grow into a larger turbo ;)

ok so if i want gobs of low end power i should get a larger turbo and a larger stall can any one tell witch way to go or sell trade a killer combo

Ok sinister, you're talking out of both sides of your mouth--regarding 2 different turbos & confusing those trying to give some guidance...

You never indicated what size exhaust housing you had--on either one,,,or which is giving you the slow spool etc. Your "problem resolution" is now like trying to nail jello to the wall :confused:...Help us help you...

Ok sinister, you're talking out of both sides of your mouth--regarding 2 different turbos & confusing those trying to give some guidance...

You never indicated what size exhaust housing you had--on either one,,,or which is giving you the slow spool etc. Your "problem resolution" is now like trying to nail jello to the wall :confused:...Help us help you...

HUUMMM I have no clue what turbo exhaust size is on the car or off i said on my other post dont know about turbos only what people tell me the one in the picture is a gt 3255a i had both turbos on the car and both slow off line I think you may be having a bad day because i saw your other post were you bashed the person selling the smc alk kit for 275 if i am pissing people off i am sorry

Don't try to mix posts & scramble/confuse facts..stick to one thing at a time...

ok I am sorry i poster wrong info i said the turbo was a te60 you guys said cant be so i pulled it out of storage and saw casting it said 60 but that was a/r then i found a scribe gt 3255a so i was missed informed and you guys are correct as allways that is the mix up i would like to trade this turbo with cash for a larger 1 now and put a larger stall in also

I've got a friend that is running a Gt3255 and it spools great with a re-stalled D5, 2800 stall. A while back his car popped off a 1.49-60', I don't think that it was a fluke either because earlier in the night he was hitting 1.5's-60'. If you can't spool this turbo, your car has other issues.

I've got a friend that is running a Gt3255 and it spools great with a re-stalled D5, 2800 stall. A while back his car popped off a 1.49-60', I don't think that it was a fluke either because earlier in the night he was hitting 1.5's-60'. If you can't spool this turbo, your car has other issues.

Yes i may have put to much in motor new cam ported heads & intake large plm and tb 50lbs injectors sic 3'' dp and at this point i may not even the correct t converter in it :frown:

Ok so why don't you tell us what your combo is...because now you are adding in a whole different set of variables...

You may be offended and turbomonte's post..but believe me he is only telling you the truth..you say the car is a dog off the line..yes that has a lot to do with your t/c (torque converter)..but it also has a tremendous amount to do with your combination that you are running right now..

My 1st question is do you have some sort of tuning device that is allowing you to see what your engine is doing...

Let's start there:D

Ok so why don't you tell us what your combo is...because now you are adding in a whole different set of variables...

You may be offended and turbomonte's post..but believe me he is only telling you the truth..you say the car is a dog off the line..yes that has a lot to do with your t/c (torque converter)..but it also has a tremendous amount to do with your combination that you are running right now..

My 1st question is do you have some sort of tuning device that is allowing you to see what your engine is doing...

Let's start there:D

yes i had turbolink also a snap on scaner

Turbolink and a snap on scanner...

Ok thats a start...I'll be the first to recommend either a scanmaster or a powerlogger..turbolink is ok..but there are much better programs out there right now..scanmaster to get an IDEA of what your engine is doing would be my first choice...

I am little confused..you don't really KNOW what converter you have in the car..nor do you truly KNOW what turbo you have either...so I guess a better question is where to begin...

1st are you experiencing any detonation at all? What cam, lifters are you running?

2nd you really need the I.D. that converter..has the transmission had any work done to it at all? If it hasn't you may want to start thinking about a rebuild..because you are going to have to do it eventually anyways..:D
A stock D5..will have D5 stapmed all over the converter..

3rd Do you have a stock rearend? That is the 3.42 gears? Yes 3.73's will pick it off the line (assuming everything else is fine)..but why if you have questions on your combination now?

I would worry more about identification and researching what you have..rather than complaining about a seemingly unknown combination that feels "like a dog" off the line...that is simply not a very good observation without more information...you know like "nailing jello"..:D

ok so is this turbo even for sale cause this had turned into a tech thread and needs to be moved the according location.

btw is this turbo actually for sale or trade like you listed cause if so ill give you my stock turbo with no shaft play and $100. Hell i'll even pay the shipping on both sides if it ends this bipolar thread. Besides that it'll go perfect with your stock converter, give you the off the line jump you want and its way easier to swap out a turbo than a tranny. :D

Turbolink and a snap on scanner...

Ok thats a start...I'll be the first to recommend either a scanmaster or a powerlogger..turbolink is ok..but there are much better programs out there right now..scanmaster to get an IDEA of what your engine is doing would be my first choice...

I am little confused..you don't really KNOW what converter you have in the car..nor do you truly KNOW what turbo you have either...so I guess a better question is where to begin...

1st are you experiencing any detonation at all? What cam, lifters are you running?

2nd you really need the I.D. that converter..has the transmission had any work done to it at all? If it hasn't you may want to start thinking about a rebuild..because you are going to have to do it eventually anyways..:D
A stock D5..will have D5 stapmed all over the converter..

3rd Do you have a stock rearend? That is the 3.42 gears? Yes 3.73's will pick it off the line (assuming everything else is fine)..but why if you have questions on your combination now?

I would worry more about identification and researching what you have..rather than complaining about a seemingly unknown combination that feels "like a dog" off the line...that is simply not a very good observation without more information...you know like "nailing jello"..:D

I will get a scanmaster ....also this post started in trans tec on this board all my info was posted there i put it in this post because i wanted to trade turbo but you guys tell me that may not be the problem the reson i am not sure of parts is because alot of them i got on trade so i am kinda lost but this is what i know ....the motor was built @ machine shop 30 over turbo pistons atr cam 208/208 ..stock lifter.. rods..crank..the heads and intake are ported.. kenne bell plm & tb ..50lbs msd injectors.. atr cai ..strech ic gt3255a turbo..3" th dp..crap hooker aero chamber duel exhaust..tq coverter says d5 on it..stock 3.42 diff ...maf translator lt1 maf ..turbotweek chip street 93..knock gague..boost set to 19psi also have smc alk but dont use little knock on gauge when pushed hard ...after 2 gear car is a rocket just want less turbo lag:smile: never took to the track so dont know ET.s but raced 04 mustang cobra 6 speed and killed by 6 cars l i was driving cobra so yes i was shifting red line hope i covered e nuf :cool:

3200 is still too much stall...2800 would be good 3k at the max...
funny that still doesn't look like a gt series to me..I was venturing to guess a TA 51 turbo...

And with the way he is talking about it being sluggish I would agree with you. I went to a TA51 turbo with 42lb injectors and a TT chip and my car felt sluggish off the line. I now have matched parts, 3500 stall, GT6776 turbo, and a host of other stuff. My car now has so much low end power I need to work more on the rear just to keep it straight. :smile: