wow..the Flowmaster exhaust really sucks

i'm counting the days til i get rid of my choke masters and put some straight thru mufflers on.

Yep Flowmasters are really only good on a low performance engine that you want to make sound good.

Very nice exhaust system. The inlet chamber is smaller than most other systems but it doesnt seem to hurt much. I have one in my street bolt on car and have been 12.0 with it on drag radials. I also installed one on a Stage 2 street car i just finished building and it sounds amazing with the big roller cam.

Typical response from someone who just spent their money expecting "Huge" gains, bla-bla, hug my nuts.
Why bother to post such trival crap without some factual basis? if flowmasters were that bad they should be out of business by now don't you think???
Your opinion on exhaust requirements guaged by your "Butt Crack" dyno results serve little to no use, a back to back track test on the same day would have interest value to those who still haven't learned what really works on these cars, bring facts to augment your statements, not your blowhole expertise.

Kevin.

Typical response from someone who just spent their money expecting "Huge" gains, bla-bla, hug my nuts.
Why bother to post such trival crap without some factual basis? if flowmasters were that bad they should be out of business by now don't you think???
Your opinion on exhaust requirements guaged by your "Butt Crack" dyno results serve little to no use, a back to back track test on the same day would have interest value to those who still haven't learned what really works on these cars, bring facts to augment your statements, not your blowhole expertise.

Kevin.

Geez who pissed in your wheaties this morning? STFU, this makes you sound like an ass. The guy is giving his opinion just like everbody else does on here. The flowmaster cat back is 2 1/4" and the muffler is known to not flow as well as a straight through style.... I don't see you complain when somebody post that their new dbb6765 feels so much better than their TE60 did.... i guess their opinion is invalid since its just the butt dyno...:rolleyes:

I was impressed by 35 lb-ft and 38 HP gain quoted in the article/link I posted.

Ive always ( heard ) flowmasters arent great on a turbo car ... I have them on my 302 and on a 327 and they sound great .

Kevin.

Who is this guy ?

I was impressed by 35 lb-ft and 38 HP gain quoted in the article/link I posted.

I have also heard that the Flowmasters are not great on forced induction cars, but I think what people are not really understanding in the article is that the the car had a factory style system in place that was replaced with a much less restrictive dual-type system. Yes the numbers are nice to see but not surprising.( A Big-Block Chevy will pick up 75 HP with just replacing the factory manifolds with headers). They also added 5 gallons of race fuel before the last dyno.
I would like to see the same exhaust system back to back with Hookers, Pypes, Dynomax and Flowmaster mufflers. My guess would be less than 10 HP between them on the dyno but spool may be affected at the track by the Flowmasters.

Bryan

V8Killer replaced a Flowmaster exhaust with a ATR Pit Bull system years ago on his GN. Didn't change anything else, same tune etc. ET dropped .5 seconds. He's no fan of Flowmasters.

The performance shop that installed Flowmaster 40's on my 06 SS is an authorized Flowmaster dealer. After the install it sounded so good that I commented "I should put these on the GN". The shop owner replied "Not on a turbo car, the internal design is not right for forced induction cars."

Just my 0.02.

Dennis

Chambered mufflers are supposed to work off exhaust pulses and create a scavenging effect that helps pull the exhaust out. This will not work on turbo cars since the pulses are interrupted by the turbine. Using a Flowmaster on a turbo car hurts performance quite a bit because of the backpressure created. Flowmasters aren't really that great on NA cars either. I think they work good in theory, but every motor is going to pulse differently based on build, type of headers, etc. IMO this type of design would have to be engineered specifically for the pulses coming out of the motor it is connecting to in order to have great results. They do sound badass though. :D Straight throughs for everything!! ;)

Is magnaflow is the same????? I have there muffler on my car. My car also has a cat tho too:frown: Buy I guess after the cutout install in place of the cat it won't matter.

Anyone have any data or sites comparing all the competing companies? I've always been told that magnaflow,borla,corsa are all way better then flowmaster Maybe that's y a corsa cat back for my friends ls1 was $800 when the flowmaster was $260

Yes the numbers are nice to see but not surprising.( A Big-Block Chevy will pick up 75 HP with just replacing the factory manifolds with headers). They also added 5 gallons of race fuel before the last dyno.

FWIW,my big block Chevelle picked up almost 5 MPH and 2.5 tenths at the track swapping from manifolds to headers with no other changes (with the same 60 ft)

Back to the topic at hand,even with the race fuel mixed in with pump gas,the 38 ft. lbs. TQ and 35 HP is impressive.Its always easy it appears to find those gains in 12-13 second range..its gets harder and more expensive as you go quicker as we all know.Also,I am sure that gain would have been the same with the factory muffler....

I am pleased with my 3 muffler system. All stainless. Pit Bulls & an Ultraflow as a crossflow. All are straight thru designs.

FWIW,my big block Chevelle picked up almost 5 MPH and 2.5 tenths at the track swapping from manifolds to headers with no other changes (with the same 60 ft)

Back to the topic at hand,even with the race fuel mixed in with pump gas,the 38 ft. lbs. TQ and 35 HP is impressive.Its always easy it appears to find those gains in 12-13 second range..its gets harder and more expensive as you go quicker as we all know.Also,I am sure that gain would have been the same with the factory muffler....

What I was trying to say is that just going to a dual style exhaust is where you pick up the HP & TQ, regardless of the mufflers used.