Won't run

jacksorroche

With the new engine and wiring harness in, I still cannot get the engine to run without having my foot on the gas. I have checked all the vac lines and have found no leaks. The vac lines are new by the way. I am at my total wits end. Please somebody help, the wife wants the car fixed and out of the yard.

Well one solution is to divorce the wife, and your worries are over. YOU need a scanmaster or something to determine where the iac postion is. If it all the way out and it still wont idle you have a vac leak. OR the fuel pressure is to low.

It is cheaper to keep her.

I have a new LT1 MAF with translator.
I just got through setting the TPS to the right voltage, it was off quite a bit. I was only able to set it to the correct idle voltage .45v, however, I am only able to get 3.65v. Does this mean that the TPS is bad? One last thing, since all the vac hoses are new, what else could be causing the vac leak?

Code 34 points to maf

I sit possible you have a leak in the maf pipe, this will upset the readings. also turbulance from the kn filter too close or mounted directly to the maf.
A bad tps reading over 2.5v,engine running over 1400 rpm,air flow less than 10grams per sec. (low frequency) and the above conditions for over 10 sec.
don't forget, if you move the tps to adjust, you may have to readjust the IAC. one effects the other. Remove the up pipe and make sure your getting full movement from your throttle linkage, the tps may be good and it's just the throttle sticking. Did you move the throttle-screw? and don't forget to disconnect the ecm lead after making any adjustments. It will clear any codes that will interfere w/ the next attempt at starting.
hope this helps. :)

Forgot! What work was performed? an intake could be leaking, cracked vacuum block, those 1/8th" black plastic hoses, bad tb gaskets. even the shaft onthe tb. check the pcv valve, it may have popped out, the egr valve may be stuck open? :confused:

Well, I am loosing vacuume somewhere and for the life of me, I can't figure out where. I have changed the vacuume canister, plugged the EGR vac line, and HVAC line and still I loose vacuume. When I try and start the engine, it will catch for a second and then die. I have to put my foot on the gas to get it started and hold my foot on the gas to keep it going. It also smells like it is running rich.

I really appreciate all the help so far, I don't know where I would be without you people. Thanks

jacksorroche said:
Well, I am loosing vacuume somewhere and for the life of me, I can't figure out where. I have changed the vacuume canister, plugged the EGR vac line, and HVAC line and still I loose vacuume. When I try and start the engine, it will catch for a second and then die. I have to put my foot on the gas to get it started and hold my foot on the gas to keep it going. It also smells like it is running rich.

I really appreciate all the help so far, I don't know where I would be without you people. Thanks
Does it hold fuel pressure with the engine off? Could be a leaking injector. Verify the chip is burned for the injectors you are running

I have new 60# Mototron injectors with a chip to match. I did check the fuel pressure and it holds perfectly. Thanks

SHADOWII
The work that I had done was a conversion from the 84 Hot Air to the IC version. I had everything re-done, using the 109 block and all. I also had the intake ported. Speaking of porting the intake, could the person doing the port job cut too much off the wall and put a hole in it? How would I be able to tell?

Possible

if you had an all-out port job done and he ran into a bad casting. but not likely w/ a mild + job. The best way to find out, would be to remove your rocker arm shafts, so your valves are closed and seal the tb w/a plumbers rubber seal for inside of pipe. they come in different sizes. then use a mighty vac to check for vacuum leaks. you're able to check every part of the intake system this way. If you really want to get creative, you can start at the air cleaner, cap it off. It's just a lot of hand pumping w/ the mighty vac.
one more thing, if you just chg'd the inj's you may have a leak at one of the "o" rings if you didn't lube them before installing them. It can cut the "o" ring. :eek:

Check the cam sensor and reset if needed.

Jack I got your call on my machine. I am hard to get a hold of. Call again Sat or Sun and leave another message if I don't answer. I am around on the weekends.

turbo39151

The translator is just the plain translator, I can't do any adjustments (from what I can tell). Please clarify the dip switch settings. Thanks

You can do adjustments with just a plain translator. Take off the 4 screws and open it up there is a cheat sheet on the backside of it. Besure all the switches are set correctly. You also should've got a manuel with it,if not may want to ask Mike Licht for one. :)