Winter is here whats everybody's project they got cooking??

Got the new Moser axles installed and a girdle for rear end.
Line lock and CO2 ready for install when I get done with some honey-doos
Headliner will be done over the winter.
Connecting all of my gauges to the XFI for logging.
Hooking up the T Brake.
Installing an ashtray switch .
Want some new wheels too

Bryan

Mine getting ready to go together!!

Attachments

• 1419174102130.jpg
    1419174102130.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 157
  • 1419174131402.jpg
    1419174131402.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 1419174151417.jpg
    1419174151417.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 150
20MM shell fired from my nephews plane in the USAF mounted to my Alky injection. Don't think it will fit with hood on car....just trying it though.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    747.7 KB · Views: 185
Got new marker lights installed yesterday a little Christmas present for my WE4 and finally found a NOS Buick badge for my trunk lid. Also pressed my Poly bushings into my boxed rear control arms. Also gonna have to fix the wobble in my steering wheel soon.

Another nice day got my rear out of the car. Got all the control arm disconnected. Just have to drop the exhaust so I can clean the undercarriage up. It's gonna be hard to paint under there with the cold weather coming. Need a heated garage!

besides the resto on 87x that got diassembled , reassembled for kirbans open house , then disassembled again and stripped to bare metal (and bare glass for those parts ) and then sealed its almost ready for a show worthy paint job ..
the 86 was launching hard last month at etown just need to install a few items to improve the 60' from low 1.4x's into the low 1.3x's high 1.2x's
So focus moved to the 87TTop
last spring with GN rims , iron heads , 3" external downpipe, stock headers , 2004r , stock 8.5 rear alum drums , pypes exhaust , full cage , cas v1 fmic , dual fans, alum radiator , stock suspension , wolf rear sway bar and control arms , 3" driveshaft, cold a/c ,vac brakes and fiberglass bumpers it was 3650 lbs with driver
over the summer i redid the car with hartline glass hood , vfn decklid , weld prostar rims w/drag radials ... i replaced the drivetrain with gn1's, ta4 bolt headers ,champ race manifold , 72 turbo , cottons FMIC, th400 with carbon fiber trans shield, dusty ptc 9.5 converer, moser 9" with drums , 3.5 cmoly driveshaft, ridetech coilovers , tubular uppers and lowers , trz spindles, strange 4piston front disc, 3.5" vband stainless DP and 3.5" stainless single shot , relocated battery to trunk, removed ac compressor and core .. took it to track rental and it weighed..... 3450 with driver

shedding weight sounds like it should be simple and one of those things that is often overlooked in the cost of a build , reality is after alum bumper supports which is about the cheapest loss it usually runs about $10-15 per lb to shed weight and the further you go past the common items the cost goes up ..alot
plans are underway to shed another 300+lbs ,
rack and pinion man strg
10 gal fuel cell
strange rear disc with prop (may go manual)
kirkey seat(s)
rear firewall +carpet rear seat area
c-moly x-member
c-moly swaybar
weld alumastars (mickey pros)
frame notch
and a couple other small items
delete the a/c box ( havent decided yet ) will drop another 35lbs putting the car almost 3100 w/driver

shedding weight sounds like it should be simple and one of those things that is often overlooked in the cost of a build , reality is after alum bumper supports which is about the cheapest loss it usually runs about $10-15 per lb to shed weight and the further you go past the common items the cost goes up ..alot
plans are underway to shed another 300+lbs ,
rack and pinion strg
10 gal fuel cell
strange rear disc
kirkey seat(s)
c-moly x-member
c-moly swaybar
and a couple other items
delete the a/c box ( undecided on )will drop another 35lbs putting the car almost 3100 w/driver

I also have to work on that driver weight shedding mod!!
Mark get that pole barn heated maybe I'll have a nice place to store a car or two for the winter!

besides the resto on 87x ...
the 86 was launching hard last month at etown just need to install a few items...
So focus moved to the 87TTop...
shedding weight sounds like it should be simple and one of those things that is often overlooked in the cost of a build , reality is after alum bumper supports which is about the cheapest loss it usually runs about $10-15 per lb to shed weight and the further you go past the common items the cost goes up ..alot. plans are underway to shed another 300+lbs...

Doc - whoa, do you ever sleep?

I don't see anything wrong with them other than with the hood up and brakes on the motor torques over way farther than I think it should. Especially now knowing it possibly has HR mounts installed.
Two questions.
1. How far is acceptable for the motor to move? (watching the dog house)
2. Should I be able to visually see that they're bad? They look ok

I only have the driver side mount and my engine doesn't move. However, it used to as I couldn't get bolt through the hr mount tight enough. It egged itself in the hole so we welded it in place. Mount now works as it should. Free to check.

I only have the driver side mount and my engine doesn't move. However, it used to as I couldn't get bolt through the hr mount tight enough. It egged itself in the hole so we welded it in place. Mount now works as it should. Free to check.
Tapping the throttle lever while my son stands on the brakes and I keep an eye on the mount I can see it lift up what looks like an inch. Gonna order the drivers side. Thanks for the response

All my time is going toward my 55 chevy hardtop. Designing a console in Inventor right now. Firing 454 tomorrow.

this just arrived
along with some other parts already on the shelf it will replace the entire front steering setup :
get to lose tie rod assemblies , center drag link, ps box and pitman , idler, PS pump , hoses and reservoir , intermediate steering shaft
champion alternator bracket replacing the champ alt /ps setup

should be good for over 50 pound weight loss

will scale all parts coming off and going in
0108151251.jpg

heres the cell
10 gallon powdercoated , -10AN fittings and 90 ohm sending unit
the vent fittings dont have rollover valve and need that for NHRA so i picked up a -8 AN summit rollover vent valve thats an easy install .. drill hole and bolt in
this car previously had a similar cell (went to murphsters T) so floor is already drilled for the tab bolts and cutout for the sump which will drop through the floor, fuel connections will be under the ca
1212141436.jpg

r

That rack & Pinion set-up looks sweet - very small/compact - So... no more power steering?