Winter is here whats everybody's project they got cooking??

TRICKSIXPA

East Coast Go fast with class club MAGNA!!!
Staff member
Well for me since I'm not rebuilding any motors I might put some time in on the WE4 and take the rear out. Get it cleaned up blasted and painted. Get the new SS brake lines on with braided hoses, install my boxed up control arms that have been sitting in a box for 2 yrs. I need to get the wide band installed on the other Buick and get the rear pipe hanger welded for the single shot. We'll see how much snow drops and slows down these plans??!

gathering all the pieces together so shes ready for the spring. exhaust, FMIC, MAF translator for LS1 maf. and a few odds and ends here and there..

Engine detailing on my GN. Powdercoated : intake, plenum,valve covers, intercooler brackets and turbo brackets. New injector harness,all new silicone hoses,new oil coolant lines,radiator cooked and painted, turbo rebuilt , painting every nut and bolt , detailing etc....Here are a few pic's so far.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    981.5 KB · Views: 252
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1,021.5 KB · Views: 254
Brakes, rotors and drums , install bumper fillers, new tires, power plate, timing chain , valve springs and alky. Maybe some other things if the wallet can support it

Seems to change by the minute, will get started soon I hope

FUNX 2004R Rebuild & Upgrade
6x CR42TS Spark Plugs
Redline 75w90 Rear Diff Flush w/ New Seals & Inspection (Monte Rear End? TBD)
ACDelco Fuel Filter (GF481)
AC Delete Pulley
AC Delete Box
Accufab 70mm (?) Throttle Body & Intake
Pull all I/C & Intake piping off, match sizes/replace, powder coat
Alradco Upgrade Radiator (Black) w/ Dual Fan Setup
CRDPower.com T3 Turbo Blanket
Wrap Downpipe with DEI heatwrap (Measure turbo)
New Wheels & Tires (245/295?)

I'm also doing some underhood detailing. Intake and plenum ceramic coated. Valve covers and turbo housing polished.

12 inch lift, 32's, ghost flames and crushed velvet interior lol but seriously, vacuum hoses, paint intercooler, aem wideband, ds motor mount, u-joints, maybe HID headlights (don't really drive it at night and not sure why) and figure out what to do with my torque thrust 2's (paint or clearcoat) the salt air shows no mercy on uncoated aluminum

Cleaning mine up a little

Attachments

• IMG_20141218_200645855.jpg
    IMG_20141218_200645855.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 237
12 inch lift, 32's, ghost flames and crushed velvet interior lol but seriously, vacuum hoses, paint intercooler, aem wideband, ds motor mount, u-joints, maybe HID headlights (don't really drive it at night and not sure why) and figure out what to do with my torque thrust 2's (paint or clearcoat) the salt air shows no mercy on uncoated aluminum
Is there a problem with the motor mount? I think that car has H and R mounts which don't normally go bad.

Is there a problem with the motor mount? I think that car has H and R mounts which don't normally go bad.

I don't see anything wrong with them other than with the hood up and brakes on the motor torques over way farther than I think it should. Especially now knowing it possibly has HR mounts installed.
Two questions.
1. How far is acceptable for the motor to move? (watching the dog house)
2. Should I be able to visually see that they're bad? They look ok

Holset HX52 turbo Install and cage Will teach them for kicking us out for too fast lol

Sent from my LT26w using Tapatalk

I don't see anything wrong with them other than with the hood up and brakes on the motor torques over way farther than I think it should. Especially now knowing it possibly has HR mounts installed.
Two questions.
I've never actually tried that but I wouldn't expect to see much movement. With the mount off I think you could see the condition of the polyurethane bushings.

Well since my build was just finished at the beginning of winter not a lot lol. Got to fix a leaky alky pump and get my metco cell installed in the trunk so I have enough alky on board. Also looking to change wheel/tire combos, not sure what yet.

all I have on tap is changing back to rubber body bushings and shipping my poly ones down to texas. don't like the road noise

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Two questions.

Take a look at the motor mounts if the motor is shifting quickly to one side then motor mount is broken. You should be able to see that they are HR mounts! If you don't know what they look like check out their web site. They look much different and are build miles better than a stock mount.