Winter is here whats everybody's project they got cooking??

Man Pauly, you got some nice upgrades coming. Lighter is definitely faster! As some of you already know, I have a lot of the same stuff in my T. Weighed 3195 with me in it last time at the track, and I'm no lightweight. My rack & pinion drives great, no slop at all. Steering radius isn't the best though, but its not like I drive it on errands. I lovey the Kirkey seat, feels soooo much better at the track, no movement on the launch. The 4 wheel disc setup makes stopping at lot easier at these speeds, something that used to make me pretty uncomfortable. And after I put in my TRZ rear sway bar..... low/mid 1.3 60fts.

My winter list has a lot of new data logging stuff. Pretty tapped out on the performance stuff except for a new plenum setup:

-upgrade XFI for internal datalogger
-FAST relay and transbrake hookup to XFI
-Backpressure sender
-FAST accelerometer
-FAST EGT module, EGTs and bungs
-Spare tire well cutout and Al plate cover
-Hemco plenum + Spacer

That reminds me Gary I need to get my AC working this year. Might need to bring the car over when the temps warm up!

weather wasnt too bad today
still kind of snowed in but got some progress made on the ttop

cmoly x-member ... 6.7lbs , (old x-member 13 lbs)
10 gal fuel cell ... 12lbs + 6 for the weldon pump , (old tank/RTX dbl pump setup /tank straps insulators ... 38lbs )
i can now run less than 5 gallons vs running 15-18, at 6lbs per gallon save another 60- 75 lbs

so that drops my race weight around 95lbs

Attachments

• 0208151220.jpg
    0208151220.jpg
    544.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 0208151325.jpg
    0208151325.jpg
    605.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 0208151254.jpg
    0208151254.jpg
    897.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 1212141436.jpg
    1212141436.jpg
    581.2 KB · Views: 174

10 gal fuel cell ... 12lbs + 6 for the weldon pump , (old tank/RTX dbl pump setup /tank straps insulators ... 38lbs )
i can now run less than 5 gallons vs running 15-18...

(y) Nice progress.
Good thing you live close to the track :cool:

Nice Pauly! Can't wait to see that beast in action this year. After the TRZ rear bar and rack n pinion its going to be about as light as mine. Wait. Oh damn...

Oh, and my boosted truck now has a 3200 Art Carr converter in it. Slight upgrade from the restalled D5! Leave any marks on the road by your driveway lol? He had a busy weekend!

Well I bought new front tires. Does that count? Unfortunately they are still unmounted in the garage next to the shelf with the new rotors, bearings, seals, and and calipers from last year. Still on the list for the spring is new 295-50 DR's for the rear along with widening the wheels and a frame notch. Too damn cold out there now to even think about it.

that counts charles , at least your thinking about the old girl .
and it is too cold to do much of anything except think about whats next and get parts ready to go

cant wait for spingsummerfall to come ..all two months of it

i can now run less than 5 gallons vs running 15-18, at 6lbs per gallon save another 60- 75 lbs

so that drops my race weight around 95lbs
that cross member is badass

Damn Polar Vortex!! I finished my under carriage from the crossmember back. Got new feed line ready to go back in new brake line going in from the prop valve back. I left my rear at my powder coaters gonna head over there and paint it in their nice and warm building! Anybody got a part number for a good universal joint that will work with a stock driveshaft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get this. Last fall I installed HID headlights. I was excited to see them lit because I was hoping they would be bright enough to leave my headlight covers on at night. So after the install, as it was getting dark, I flipped the switch for the first time. My girlfriend was standing in front of the car when they came on. She begins to smile and say "Wow, I really like them". I get out of the car, walk around to the front, and..........................................

SON OF A BITCH! THERE PINK!:eek:

Right now, all I can think of is getting those ugly damned headlights out of my friggin header panel. But it's too damned cold! It's driving me crazy!:mad:

fricken cold today , but got a little done during the warmer noon hours
lost about 47lbs

Attachments

• trz rack kit 12.1 lbs.jpg
    trz rack kit 12.1 lbs.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 0219151640.jpg
    0219151640.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 0219151749.jpg
    0219151749.jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 138
Nice Pauly! You're catching me in the lightweight department. Unfortunately my car is still getting even lighter. :p

Those look like some trick upper arms.