Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF SECRETS
Staff member
It is with great honor that I announce our 5 chosen participants for the Precision Turbo / Turbobuick.com Dyno Challenge.

I will say, that in all my years of being in the Turbo Buicks, this was by far the most difficult decision I have had to make. To say that I was flooded with emails and phone calls about this dyno challenge would be a huge understatement. You would not believe the amount of emails and calls I received about this Challenge. I would like to say a big thank you, to all of you who submitted their information to me. I greatly appreciate it.

So, without further delay here they are.... And in no particular running order.

- Rick Hunt and his White GNXray.

- Steve Thompson and his '67 Firebird.

- Derek Godwin and his '86 T-Type.

- Tyler Shull and his '87 GN.

- Steve Sullivan and his TSM legal '87 GN.

So there you have it guys and gals. The 5 contestants for the Dyno Challenge. It was a very tough decision to make and I tried to be as fair and objective as possible when picking cars/combos that fully represent the masses. I'm sure we will pick the running order on the day of the dyno challenge.

Again, I want to say Thank You to all of you who submitted your applications to me. This looks to be an awesome event and I hope all of you can make it. And too you 5 guys that made it into the show, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me or call me here at Precision Turbo.
I will post up later which turbos will be tested.
Gotta go for now.

Patrick Rubio

Dyno Schedule

Precision Turbo will determine the run order for the dyno challenge on Monday. If there is down time between pulls for the contestants the dyno will be on a first come/first serve basis. Dyno will be available Monday following the dyno challenge and also on Tuesday morning until lunchtime. Congrats to all the winners and a big thanks to PTE for offering such deep discounts on turbos for the contestants. I am looking forward to see some REAL WORLD comparisons...

me? me? really me? I get a chance to blow my stuff up on the dyno?

seriously Patrick thanx for the opportunity to try a turbo there is no way in hell I would be able to afford, (well that I would spend the $ on). now we may be able to see some .20's & be competitive in the 275 class, if I get the suspension perfect.

Cant wait.....

... for the guys who will be unable to attend... will this be televised anywhere or on youtube????

Awesome

That is awesome….thanks Patrick for the opportunity to showcase the old and the new technology of your turbo’s….you can not even imagine the anticipation I have for this event……I must go get my car ready with its spring tune up ….thanks again and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone there….
PS…..I will be going from a TE44 to a 6265…..

THIS IS AWESOME !!!!! I actually had a phone call that saw this first and told me I was in and I couldn't wait until I could actually read it !! Thanks for making this happen PTE !!! I've been looking at these new turbos for a long time and I'm honored that I'm part of this test to show what they can do over old technology. I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight ! Or any night until next monday !!! omg I can't wait !

Hell, I wanted to be there IN this.

Congrats guys, i shall be watching.

Bryan

That is awesome….thanks Patrick for the opportunity to showcase the old and the new technology of your turbo’s….you can not even imagine the anticipation I have for this event……I must go get my car ready with its spring tune up ….thanks again and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone there….
PS…..I will be going from a TE44 to a 6265…..

Ball Bearing?

Bring it, don't sing it:biggrin: I was hoping you were coming though...

Money is a little tight with the new business and I really do not want to stretch myself to get there.
even if i could be there i couldn't do the whole week.

Money is a little tight with the new business and I really do not want to stretch myself to get there.
even if i could be there i couldn't do the whole week.

I know, just picking:biggrin:

Congrat's guys.

Patrick, If someone backs out it would be cool to see Bryan (Phoneguy)
Lynch's Turnonetics GT-K 850 against the Precision line. He has a spanking new RPE stroker motor and besides the proof you could gain a new customer........:biggrin::biggrin:

What's being tested you ask???

Ask and you shall receive...

In order of those listed above, here's the 411.

Rick Hunt: TE-44 to Billet 6265 E cover air cooled dual ball bearing .63 A/R. Built 20 over 109 combo.

Steve Thompson: GT4276 cast compressor journal bearing to Billet HP7675 with the recently released air cooled dual ball bearing cartridge. 1.28 housing. 274 CI TA Block combo.

Derek Godwin: Cast PT70 GTQ T4 .68 journal bearing & H cover to Billet 71 HPQ air cooled dual ball bearing, H cover with T4 .81. Spare T4 .68 housing also sent if needed, but I honestly doubt we'll need it. Fully built 235CI 109 block combo

Tyler Shull: Cast PT6765 water cooled dual ball bearing S cover to Billet 6765 air cooled dual ball bearing and S cover. Built production 109 motor.

Steve Sullivan: Cast PT70 HPQ journal bearing .85 3-bolt to Billet CEA 71 HPQ air cooled dual ball bearing H cover with .85 3-bolt housing. TSM combo.

One things for sure, it's going to be very interesting. I will make sure to video tape as much as possible and will try to post a "Results" post after Monday.
I look forward to seeing all my old friends and meeting new ones.
Heck it's been two years since I've been to a Buick event, I can't wait.
Anywho, travel safe everyone.

Patrick

Ask and you shall receive...

In order of those listed above, here's the 411.

Rick Hunt: TE-44 to Billet 6265 E cover air cooled dual ball bearing .63 A/R. Built 20 over 109 combo.

Steve Thompson: GT4276 cast compressor journal bearing to Billet HP7675 with the recently released air cooled dual ball bearing cartridge. 1.28 housing. 274 CI TA Block combo.

Derek Godwin: Cast PT70 GTQ T4 .68 journal bearing & H cover to Billet 71 HPQ air cooled dual ball bearing, H cover with T4 .81. Spare T4 .68 housing also sent if needed, but I honestly doubt we'll need it. Fully built 235CI 109 block combo

Tyler Shull: Cast PT6765 water cooled dual ball bearing S cover to Billet 6765 air cooled dual ball bearing and S cover. Built production 109 motor.

Steve Sullivan: Cast PT70 HPQ journal bearing .85 3-bolt to Billet CEA 71 HPQ air cooled dual ball bearing H cover with .85 3-bolt housing. TSM combo.

One things for sure, it's going to be very interesting. I will make sure to video tape as much as possible and will try to post a "Results" post after Monday.
I look forward to seeing all my old friends and meeting new ones.
Heck it's been two years since I've been to a Buick event, I can't wait.
Anywho, travel safe everyone.

Patrick

These comparisons will be looked at for a long time! These choices cover alot of interesting combinations...

Status
Not open for further replies.